Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although the Ref missed the blatant call for offside that led to the fury goal, I thought he had a real good game.

The goalies decided this game as our Keep made a crucial save one v one in the first half. And with about ten to go, I skinned their rt defender only to have my old friend in net make a save with the slightest of touches. He then stone walls our other striker twice from in close with about 5 mins to go. A draw was probably the fair result. Cheers to the Fury for a clean game.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were you there? I came up before kickoff from the north field to see who was up top and machel told me you weren't there today.

Dezza...I wasn't there but I make it a point to be informed of our results even when out of town. :D Thanksgiving with the family in the Okanagan took precedence over football on THIS occasion ;)

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas Park 0 - TSA Royals FC 1

This was a well fought game. Both teams had a number of chances - though I felt we had the greater share of them. There were two point of contention, in my mind, during the game. The first was an awful two footed challenge by their number 17 at midfield. Our player carried the ball towards the middle of the pitch and poked a pass to our midfielder. Their player came in late and high - only receiving a yellow card for what SURELY deserved a straight red. Just a horrible tackle - mucker. The second was only a point of contention for their team. Their defender tried to play a through ball over the top, a midfielder of ours tried to head it back and it glanced off the top of his head and over our defenders. Their player, who was offside when the ball was played by their defender, had the ball drop in his feet. The ref, correctly, whistled the play offside. Their players felt that it couldn't have been offside because we had touched the ball. I don't deny that likely 90% of our team would have reacted the same way, but it once again shows how many players are not TRULY aware of the laws of the game in the VMSL.

The goal was an absolute cracker from our midfield from the corner of the penalty area to the opposite top corner of the goal. No chance for the keeper. A great win for us, as we had 7 of our usual starters out - 5 through injury and 2 through suspension.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR - Cliff Sr Cobra (Abandoned)

We were losing 3-1 or 4-1 and their #13, after already grabbing our midfielder's a$$, decides to grab our midfielder's d1ck on a free kick. Yes you read that right, that fcuking creep grabbed his d1ck. Our guy chops his arm away and earns a straight red. As he's leaving the field he tells the weirdo that was interested in his d1ck to meet him in the parking lot if he wants a piece of him and the ref decides that's a threat, gets him to leave the field entirely and go to the parking lot. As our midfielder is walking away he keeps yapping to the ref who clearly was unaware of the nature of the situation. More yapping as he walks to the parking lot and ref calls the game. A word of warning to those playing Cliff Sr Cobra: on this day they were a dirty band of cnuts, particularly their english players who seem to think this is English Premier League football and they are Vinnie Jones. Weird day at the park...on to next week.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR - Cliff Sr Cobra (Abandoned)

We were losing 3-1 or 4-1 and their #13, after already grabbing our midfielder's a$$, decides to grab our midfielder's d1ck on a free kick. Yes you read that right, that fcuking creep grabbed his d1ck. Our guy chops his arm away and earns a straight red. As he's leaving the field he tells the weirdo that was interested in his d1ck to meet him in the parking lot if he wants a piece of him and the ref decides that's a threat, gets him to leave the field entirely and go to the parking lot. As our midfielder is walking away he keeps yapping to the ref who clearly was unaware of the nature of the situation. More yapping as he walks to the parking lot and ref calls the game. A word of warning to those playing Cliff Sr Cobra: on this day they were a dirty band of cnuts, particularly their english players who seem to think this is English Premier League football and they are Vinnie Jones. Weird day at the park...on to next week.

While all of this is true it was some pretty ugly soccer being played today by PGR and CA deserved the points.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While all of this is true it was some pretty ugly soccer being played today by PGR and CA deserved the points.

True dat - we were totally disjointed, no chemistry, couldn't string a pass together if we tried. Neither bandcamp, bergamascho nor I dressed for this game and it was just a strange one to take in from the sidelines.

Also for the record, this #13 (Phil Castle), was not only grabbing our aforementioned midfielder's ass and d1ick, he was also doing the same to our ace centre midfielder. It got so bad that he asked to be subbed (which I obliged), and as he walked off I asked why he wanted off (thinking injury). He said that if he grabbed him 1 more time, he would punch him in the head, so figured it was best just to have a beer and cool off on the sidelines. Kudos to him for keeping his head as I in all likelihood wouldn't have lasted that long.

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
:wa:
True dat - we were totally disjointed, no chemistry, couldn't string a pass together if we tried. Neither bandcamp, bergamascho nor I dressed for this game and it was just a strange one to take in from the sidelines.

Also for the record, this #13 (Phil Castle), was not only grabbing our aforementioned midfielder's ass and d1ick, he was also doing the same to our ace centre midfielder. It got so bad that he asked to be subbed (which I obliged), and as he walked off I asked why he wanted off (thinking injury). He said that if he grabbed him 1 more time, he would punch him in the head, so figured it was best just to have a beer and cool off on the sidelines. Kudos to him for keeping his head as I in all likelihood wouldn't have lasted that long.

AM I to understand that grabbing Junk deserves points? Used to know a chick that would be running away with the league...!?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter - what happened to your team? Last year you were quite strong with a couple talented guys. Something you said?

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter - what happened to your team? Last year you were quite strong with a couple talented guys. Something you said?

We are only 6 games into the season....let's relax a little, my boys are still recovering from the summer hangover.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG Rangers 0 - 3 DP Rangers

We played a disastrous first half. We couldn't string many passes together, it looked ugly. Their first was a long range free kick that eluded our keeper, more lucky than anything. Their second was off a corner and headed into the net. 2-0 going into the half.

Different game in the second as we took it to them but couldn't get the goal. They played the counter attack game and it worked for them as a screen shot from about 20 hit the back of the net.

We need to get back to basics. Too many talented players to be playing so poorly lately.

Two huge games coming up!

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG Rangers 0 - 3 DP Rangers

We played a disastrous first half. We couldn't string many passes together, it looked ugly. Their first was a long range free kick that eluded our keeper, more lucky than anything. Their second was off a corner and headed into the net. 2-0 going into the half.

Different game in the second as we took it to them but couldn't get the goal. They played the counter attack game and it worked for them as a screen shot from about 20 hit the back of the net.

We need to get back to basics. Too many talented players to be playing so poorly lately.

Two huge games coming up!

I think that it is fair to say that DPR had several good chances in the first half for which the keeper made several excellent saves. I thought that DPR easily controlled the game in the first half and although it was more even in the second with PG pushing forward to get into the game, we deserved the win.

The first goal is still under discussion for whether he meant it or not. The second was a great header from a corner and the third a great strike (not a screen shot). I can't think of too many decent chances for PG.

The ref was comical. The big guy with the bald head and tache. 2nd yellow for DPR (2nd yes, first one no) and two straight reds for PG at the same time. The guy trying to run through people, yes. The other one, probably not. although he said an elbow was raised. All in all it was a good win for us against our old rivals. although with the new players for DPR and the many mergers for PG I don't think that it can be called an old rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0