Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire it UP

Feb 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We let them have one, in order for them to finish ahead of Sarajevo. Our team scored a beauty of a goal though.....:wa:
Your not taking credit for Ladner Rangers hard fought tie against Sarajevo are you? Just wanted to drop a line to Sarajevo, when we were shaking hands at the end of the game and I said good luck with promotion, I was sincere. I can see how you could take it the wrong way though!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pt.Grey 1 - 0 Douglas Park

They looked more likely to score, hit a cross bar and ran into our in-form keeper.
We score a PK in what was the very last play of the game!
It was dirty, but we'll take it.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel - after some of the losses we've incurred this year (where even the ref's have come up to us after the game expressing surprise at the outcome), we'll take the W!

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pt.Grey 1 - 0 Douglas Park

They looked more likely to score, hit a cross bar and ran into our in-form keeper.
We score a PK in what was the very last play of the game!
It was dirty, but we'll take it.

It was quite unbelieveable. Both teams looked rather rusty in the first half after the Xmas break. Second half is as Machel says, we were putting them under constant pressure without coming up with the finish. Then a breakaway results in a handball in the box. Penalty duly dispatched.

We were pretty choked as you can imagine but Pt Grey were dignified in their celebrations. I like Point grey. I was a good clean game against a good bunch of lads. If you have to lose like that, then at least it was against a team that show a bit of class and respect. They didn't rub it our faces. even though they couldn't contain their smiles!!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a few games left in the season, there are some great races in each grouping.
Group A is tight but with Sarajevo just dumping Squamish 6-1, is it now just a two horse race?
Group B is up in the air, I'd be worried about Polonia playing spoiler as UBC found out. MYB has a tough end to their schedule.
Group C, well Green Devils have been playing consistent since starting the season a bit rough. HNK are still in it and if it's tight at the top...I bet we'll play the last 30mins of our 1-1 tie with the Royals since it was stopped due to blizzard conditions.

Div.2 has been pretty fun and competitive this year. Looks like the leagues realignment is working except at the top for now! haha

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pt.grey 2-3 HNK

We started out fast and passed the ball well in the first half an deserved to go into the half one up. Second half HNK played the ball around us and their possession payed off as they scored two goals to lead it 2-1. In injury time we score on a nice free kick. But right from the restart, they lob the ball down field and amazingly get to the ball before our D and score to win it 3-2!!. I honestly thought the ref was going to blow the whistle while the ball was launched in the air as he told us that there was no time after our goal. Amazing finish to the game.

Credit to them as they had no subs.

Capps

Aug 29, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What rhymes with lose?...how about Roos, way to shite the bed guys, see ya in the Cup, if you make it past the first round

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 5 Wickham FC 1
Went up 4-0 in the first half and mailed in the second half. Damn, machel, that would have put us out of reach of HNK - a big result for them. Can't stand them, but have to tip my hat that they always seem to find a way to win, regardless of subs, suspension. Should be a tight finish in 2C - hopefully someone can steal one from the Green Devils and give us a chance.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...have to tip my hat that they always seem to find a way to win, regardless of subs, suspension.

Straight up, that's what happens. Amazing, but they really do seem to pull it off...I think the tightness of the team contributes to this knack for pulling it off. As far as not being able to stand them I know a few from the high school days, they just stick together Croat style

:wa:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 5 Wickham FC 1
Went up 4-0 in the first half and mailed in the second half. Damn, machel, that would have put us out of reach of HNK - a big result for them. Can't stand them, but have to tip my hat that they always seem to find a way to win, regardless of subs, suspension. Should be a tight finish in 2C - hopefully someone can steal one from the Green Devils and give us a chance.

Our make up game is against the GD's. We're open to negotiations! haha

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our make up game is against the GD's. We're open to negotiations! haha

I also believe we have 22 minutes left in the TSA Royals game that COULD be replayed. TSA could take the 1 point as it stands or force us to come out to their home field on a Friday night and risk losing that point or picking up an extra 2 :)

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also believe we have 22 minutes left in the TSA Royals game that COULD be replayed. TSA could take the 1 point as it stands or force us to come out to their home field on a Friday night and risk losing that point or picking up an extra 2 :)

I heard that due to having played 60min, the game was being considered "complete" :eek: Anyone able to confirm or deny that? Personally, I would love to play a full 90 as the entire game was impacted by the snow. But still, 22min would be better than nothing. It really is all or nothing for us now with the Green Devils in form - those 2 points would force them to win their game in hand rather than move up with a draw. Such is the path we made for ourselves losing and drawing those games early in the season :mad:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that due to having played 60min, the game was being considered "complete" :eek: Anyone able to confirm or deny that? Personally, I would love to play a full 90 as the entire game was impacted by the snow. But still, 22min would be better than nothing. It really is all or nothing for us now with the Green Devils in form - those 2 points would force them to win their game in hand rather than move up with a draw. Such is the path we made for ourselves losing and drawing those games early in the season :mad:

I can tell you that the league contacted both teams and asked what we wanted to do with the final 22 minutes. Because we are not in a promotion fight and also because we are not worried about relegation, we told the league that we would leave it up to you guys. We knew points were important for you guys and if you wanted to play the remainder and try to get the extra 2 points then we would do that.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you that the league contacted both teams and asked what we wanted to do with the final 22 minutes. Because we are not in a promotion fight and also because we are not worried about relegation, we told the league that we would leave it up to you guys. We knew points were important for you guys and if you wanted to play the remainder and try to get the extra 2 points then we would do that.

Well - game is on for Friday at 7:30. Hopefully we can pick up the points and not drop the ball.

As for our game this weekend:
TSA Royals 3 GFC United Lions 2
We controlled a majority of the play, and possession was in the neihborhood of 65-35, if not more for us. An OG in the first half off a corner (which they were crediting to their player taking the corner, rather than an OG :confused:) put us down. In the second we came out and tied it up, only to give up a PK not 30 seconds later. 2 goals in the last 5 earned us the huge 3 points. The game shouldn't have been this close, but we just couldn't put it together in the final 3rd. Hopefully we can do better this weekend, as we have much less time to get things rolling.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well - game is on for Friday at 7:30. Hopefully we can pick up the points and not drop the ball.

As for our game this weekend:
TSA Royals 3 GFC United Lions 2
We controlled a majority of the play, and possession was in the neihborhood of 65-35, if not more for us. An OG in the first half off a corner (which they were crediting to their player taking the corner, rather than an OG :confused:) put us down. In the second we came out and tied it up, only to give up a PK not 30 seconds later. 2 goals in the last 5 earned us the huge 3 points. The game shouldn't have been this close, but we just couldn't put it together in the final 3rd. Hopefully we can do better this weekend, as we have much less time to get things rolling.

If you controlled majority of play then why were you down a goal with 10 mins. left? Possession was much more even than what you're saying. We let this one get away by allowing too many corners and free kicks with casual defending. And despite giving up the league we almost tied it up in the last 5 min. with one close-range shot going off your d's backside and one going just over the net. And I think if any credit was given to our player for the og it was for a well taken corner that if not kicked in by your guy would have been headed in by our striker who was right beside him.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A slip-up by the Green Devils today has opened the division up again.........if both teams win out there would be a tie and a playoff to see who wins to go to the other playoff......

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A slip-up by the Green Devils today has opened the division up again.........if both teams win out there would be a tie and a playoff to see who wins to go to the other playoff......

That seems to complicated to work out what that even means. I'll try again tomorrow. It seems like we had a fan club today with TSA coming out of the ghetto to support us!!

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
div2b and 2c going to be tight. does anybody know the tie-break formula in the event of a tie for 1st place in a division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0