Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
4.1. At the completion of the league schedule, the team with the most points shall be declared the Division Section Champion.

4.2. In the event of two teams having the same number of points, the Division Section Champion shall be determined by the result of a one game playoff.

The game will be played on neutral ground, with extra time periods, and a penalty kick series if necessary.

4.3. In the event three or more teams are tied for first place a round-robin playoff will take place. If the Board of Directors feels that there is not sufficient

time to complete the round-robin playoff, the following formula will be used to break the tie:

(a) Total points in games played among tied teams.

(b) Goal difference (goals for minus goals against) in games played among tied teams.

(c) Goal average (goals for divided by goals against) in games played among tied teams.

(d) Goal difference in all games played.

(e) Goal average in all games played.

If, after the round-robin playoff, two or more teams are still tied, the mathematical formula for breaking the tie will be the same as the one above.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA must beat HNK to force a tie-break with the GDs who will undoubtedly beat the last place WV Royals.

It will then be a one-game playoff between TSA and GDs for promotion to Div 1.

Should be a doozey.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it will be a one-game playoff between TSA and GDs for the spot in the Div 2 round-robin with the winners of 2A and 2B for promotion to Div 1. Only 2 teams will go up.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vatreni 0 - TSA Royals 1.
They couldn't field a team. Come on West Van!

Are you fcuking kidding me? What is going on with Vatreni this year? They won Div 2 last year, had a great start this year, and now they can't field a team? They were actually still in contention until losing to DPR last week. SHOCKING!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to UBC Metropolitans for winning their Division Two section with a win of MYB Panthers tonight. There are a couple of cracking players on that Myb team. UBC won 1-0 and cliched their division in the process.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
so much for a west van upset... they forfeited too!!

If these teams let the league know earlier, then Green Devils and TSA Royals could have played their playoff this weekend.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not exactly the league envisioned a division being finished - two forfeits for the teams to remain tied at the top :confused:. To be honest, though, the week off will really help our team recover from injuries - we've been pretty banged up for the last couple games and a bunch of guys have been playing hurt. Hopefully we'll be fit and ready to go when we meet the Devils.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royal 4 - GD 3

This one went to extra time. They did not appear to be ready for the game - they barely warmed up pre-game - and we went into the break up 2-0. In the second half, they brought themselves within one, followed by a strange one. We regained our 2 goal advantage with a ball that was crossed into the box, drifted on target, and for some reason the keeper fell into the net with the ball. They of course swear he didn't, our players and fans who were near their goal-line said it did - I don't know to be honest :confused: The ref must have seen enough to convince himself it had gone in and awarded the goal :wa: I don't know what happened, but we got gassed at ~80min mark and they scored twice in the final 6 min to tie it up. In extra time we regained our legs, dominated for 20, scored in the first 15, then held on for the final 10. Gotta rest up for Wednesday.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo 1 TSA Royals FC 1 (Sarajevo won tie-breaker PKs)

0-0 at half with neither team having any clear-cut chances. Royals went up 1-nil at ~55min mark off a free kick that was fumbled around the box for a couple seconds before being slotted behind the keeper. I pulled my hammy at the ~50min mark and left around 60min for the hospital along with a team-mate who was badly concussed. He had only returned two games ago and took an elbow to the head and then hit the ground pretty hard after going up for a header - blurred vision, couldn't stay awake and almost puking. The hospital hooked him to IV's and kept him overnight - but hey, he's a "pussy" as the Sarajevo fans said :confused:. Sarajevo scored in the ~80min to tie it up. We were scrambing as we had lost another starter due to a hamstring injury he had returned just this game from. Nothing solved in the final 10 and Sarajevo won the PKs which will be used in the event of a tie for promotion. A good result for us given their current form and the result from 10 days ago against them.

The ref was decent, nothing more - missed calls both ways and was VERY stingy with his cards; we should have probably received 4 or 5 cautions and they deserved a few themselves, but there was only 1 caution handed out by the time I left.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
... a team-mate who was badly concussed. He had only returned two games ago and took an elbow to the head and then hit the ground pretty hard after going up for a header - blurred vision, couldn't stay awake and almost puking. The hospital hooked him to IV's and kept him overnight - but hey, he's a "pussy" as the Sarajevo fans said

Well ya, he didn't puke did he? What a "pussy"... :rolleyes:

Tough luck R14, sorry to hear about the injuries, it sucks to lose when you can't give your all. We had an injury filled season a few years back and it was more frustrating than playing on a poor team. Heal up and see you fellas next year I guess?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game and the Royals played VERY well and contained Sarajevo for the majority of the game. It was a disappointing goal to give up because it could have been easily avoided. That is quite a turnaround in 10 days.........5-0 to 1-1. Well done to Tsawwassen.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royal 1 - UBC Metropolitans 1 (TSA wins PK's)

Despite missing 4 starters we were able to hold UBC to only a couple half chances from outside the penalty area. UBC put one away with ~15 min to go to take a 1-0 lead. TSA poured on the pressure for the final 15min but couldn't find that final finish. On the last play of the game, we scored on what was literally the last kick of our season. Our player took a corner nad curled it off the cross-bar, post, and in. The final whistle went on the ensuing kick-off. Our keeper stopped 3/5 PK's. All I have to say about the result is:

F**K YEAH :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a very gritty effort from the Tsawwassen lads. UBC must be gutted giving up that late goal. Ref was excellent too.

It will be interesting what happens IF Sarajevo/UBC tie 1 - 1 and UBC wins the penalty shootout? :confused: Not sure what would happen because EVERY tie breaker is equal. Tsawwassen just needs either team to win the game........or have Sarajevo win in a shootout. I believe the only scenario that would hurt Tsawwassen would be a 0 - 0 draw and UBC win on penalties....Should be a dandy on Friday night. From what I've seen UBC might be a bit stronger as a team but Sarajevo has two very dangerous individuals who UBC will have to be careful with.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a very gritty effort from the Tsawwassen lads. UBC must be gutted giving up that late goal. Ref was excellent too.

It will be interesting what happens IF Sarajevo/UBC tie 1 - 1 and UBC wins the penalty shootout? :confused: Not sure what would happen because EVERY tie breaker is equal. Tsawwassen just needs either team to win the game........or have Sarajevo win in a shootout. I believe the only scenario that would hurt Tsawwassen would be a 0 - 0 draw and UBC win on penalties....Should be a dandy on Friday night. From what I've seen UBC might be a bit stronger as a team but Sarajevo has two very dangerous individuals who UBC will have to be careful with.

isnt it a 3 team playoff? if tsawwassen has 2 ties, then the other two teams also have a tie each. whoever wins the last game between ubc and sarajevo will win promotion, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0