Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally getting down to brass tacks in the Div. 2 promotion races.

After a storybook season, 13th Legion have let their fate slip out of their own hands in 2A. Perhaps a result of fixture overcrowding taking it's toll on bodies, etc., but, whatever the case, they will need to win out and hope for a Metro Atheltic loss in order to force a playoff. The Legion have 3 very winnable games against mid table teams with nothing to play for, but any slight slip and Burnaby will be champions and promoted to Div. 1. A quietly successful season for Burnaby as, after lighting up Div. 3 last season and being promotion favourites again this season in Div 2., they remained consistent even and kept plugging away even when 13th Legion came out of nowhere to run out to a shock lead in the division. The Legion play 2 games before Burnaby's final match vs. Sarajevo and if 13th have held serve, then Burnaby will need a single point to go up. Certainly the recently relegated Sarajevo should be a tough test as they were in the promotion hunt all season, but will be staying in Div. 2 next year. However, they should be keen to try and nail down a B Cup spot as it looks like 7 teams competing for 6 spots which means Burnaby are likely in for a competitive match so perhaps just a glimmer of hope for the Legion.

2B still has lots of games to be played due to the cup runs of NorVan and Shaheen. NorVan have their fate in their own hands, as winning out would see them promoted, but White Eagles have the points on the board already in their bid to return to Div. 1 after a few years of Div. 2 obscurity and a rebranding. Should be quite the finish in that group as well.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game for Unicorns tonight. Harps not turning up on Saturday gifted Meraloma 3 points and got them out of that mess on the bottom.

Gotta think the penultimate 2B sides don't have too much too worry about as Twin Arrows in 2A forfeited their game last weekend instead of fighting to catch the teams above them... Perhaps they're already resigned to being relegated, and the relegation playoff match will be a formality.

Lenno

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year was one of the most exiting and I didn't think we would get another but it's looking like it'll be another great run in.

Nov 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught an hour of unicorns and Serbia. Left at 3-0 serbia. The ref had a mare and gave Serbia a dubious pen with them already 1-0 up which was saved but he had they retake it for encroachment. That made it 2. And a unicorns player was sent off for protesting. Unicorns went up the other and their player fell in the box. It probably wasn't a pen but the ref played advantage even though it fell to another attacker at the top of the 18 who had a few players in front of him and shot wide. he then chalked off a unicorns goal for what looked like a good shoulder to shoulder battle.

username

Jan 26, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 2- Shaheen 0. A comfortable win for the Lomas. Shaheen struggled to break the Lomas down for the entire game and were getting noticeably frustrated because of that. Unforuntaly, Shaheens frustrations lead to a lot of diving and a supposed spitting incident. Just rude.
This result helps a few teams at the top I figure, so I hope we don't have to hear anymore moaning about fixture congestion.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 2- Shaheen 0. A comfortable win for the Lomas. Shaheen struggled to break the Lomas down for the entire game and were getting noticeably frustrated because of that. Unforuntaly, Shaheens frustrations lead to a lot of diving and a supposed spitting incident. Just rude.
This result helps a few teams at the top I figure, so I hope we don't have to hear anymore moaning about fixture congestion.

That's a devastating loss for Shaheen and all but precludes them from an immediate return to Div. 1.

In other news, the race for that final Provincial spots is incredibly tight. NorVan and Shaheen are in via the cup and Burnaby Selects and Burnaby Metro Athletic have put up enough points to get in. 13th Legion are 90% in, but then Sarajevo, Snipers, Greencaps, Serbia Utd and even Gastown are in the mix for the sixth and seventh spots. Surely the league is hoping to avoid a multiple-way tiebreaking scenario as, given all the weather delays, trying to fit in playoff games would be a nightmare.

99bllewellyn

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money

The spitting was/is disgusting; they seemed like a decent bunch of lads apart from that and the number 19, who threw his toys out the pram, walked off the pitch and went home.

Lenno

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haveing played shaheen a few times now they do seem like a decent bunch but there is a few who let them down, there is no need for the diving and rolling around anywhere in footy especially at this level. And spitting has to be the lowest of the low. Punch someone if your upset, spitting is a bitch move, it's disgusting and whoever it was if caught deserves 10 match ban at least.

F

fhosseini25

Good game by Meraloma last night. First goal was a clear offside that the ref missed. I'm sure the Meraloma players agree with me on that one. Having said that they did catch us on the counter at the end of the game for the 2nd goal and defended well and did what they had to do to stop us from scoring all game.
Just wanted to apologize to them and whoever was watching as well on behalf of the Shaheen team for the spitting incident at the end of the game. We have suspended the player from our remaining games this season. It was embarrassing for the team and by no means represents the values of our club and us as individuals. Good luck to all the teams in the rest of the games and congrats to Norvan as well for winning the cup.

Gally

Aug 31, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game by Meraloma last night. First goal was a clear offside that the ref missed. I'm sure the Meraloma players agree with me on that one. Having said that they did catch us on the counter at the end of the game for the 2nd goal and defended well and did what they had to do to stop us from scoring all game.
Just wanted to apologize to them and whoever was watching as well on behalf of the Shaheen team for the spitting incident at the end of the game. We have suspended the player from our remaining games this season. It was embarrassing for the team and by no means represents the values of our club and us as individuals. Good luck to all the teams in the rest of the games and congrats to Norvan as well for winning the cup.
Fair play to you and your team. No place for that out there. But a good game played by both teams. Lomas playing the football now,how they should have been playing all year.

username

Jan 26, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play to you and your team. No place for that out there. But a good game played by both teams. Lomas playing the football now,how they should have been playing all year.

Ya much better. Especially that #12. What a beast last night.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma is playing well.

How are the spots allocated for Provincials? Is it top 7 in div 2 based on points?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma is playing well.

How are the spots allocated for Provincials? Is it top 7 in div 2 based on points?

6 spots to the VMSL plus 1 for being the league with the defending champion.

I believe it's the 2 Cup Finalists, the 2 Division Winners and then the next 3 highest point totalling teams, regardless of Division.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decisive day in Div. 2 as 13th Legion are blitzed 5-0 by Astro. That gives Burnaby Metro the title and promotion from 2A.

In 2B, NorVan's loss means Burnaby White Eagles can lock up the division with a win over VUFC on Sunday.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan blew it. They still have a tough schedule ahead playing against gastown, and shaheen. At the end instead of winning they might finish 5th. I guess thats why we play the games instead of some teams just giving away 3 points.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby White Eagles beat Van Utd 3-1 this afternoon to clinch the Division 2B title. Well done lads.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Burnaby Selects, its been a great close run season without any run away leader and I suspect a some teams will be looking back on a few games and incidents and applying some 'what if's'. They were the most consistent after the slow cleared up though and are now probably relieved that they aren't waiting on Norvan's results to have it confirmed. Well played all 2B teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0