Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo ALWAYS a wildcard team. Some games no problem...others end like this one.

That kid up front for them is very tricky.

bhf09

Nov 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR going into the game with a good attitude... Your attitude is good only when you are allowed to foul without retaliation from the other team. Fouls go both ways, that is the reality of the game. No one comes to the game expecting to fight. Leading up to the "fistacuffs" Sarajevo had a corner kick. The ball was played and within the commotion one of the DPR players felt he was fouled and retaliated by throwing two sucker punches and hitting two Sarajevo players in the back of the head. If you guys have this great attitude you should have let the ref do his job. Needless to say he didn't call a foul but instead had to call the game due to the fight. Speaking on behalf of team Sarajevo we respect the DPR but don't expect to throw sucker punches and walk away without retaliation.
To your disadvantage in this "fistacuffs" you didn't realize Sarajevo had registered Rashad Evans...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good battle today at Kensington between PGR and Signmaster. PGR went up 1-0 against the run of play (first 20 minutes were definitely controlled by Signmaster). Then we gave up a PK to make it 1-1. And then we actually started to play some decent soccer and the first half ended 1-1. Probably a fair result given they dominated the first part and we cranked it up in the latter part of the 1st half. 2nd half saw us score one at about the 60th minute on a pass/cross that found the top left corner ;)

Then our striker had a pretty good blow on their centre back which resulted in a red card (deserved) and we were down to 10 men. We were expecting an onslaught that never transpired and managed to get away with a 2-1 win.

Have to say the reffing was very good. Sure, there were a couple of ??? calls, but this guy was definitely in the top 3 we've had all year. Had great control of a physical game and definitely won the respect of both sides.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
.To your disadvantage in this "fistacuffs" you didn't realize Sarajevo had registered Rashad Evans...

Who the fukk is Rashad Evans? And why doen't he have a Sarajevan name if he plays for you.
I am not surprised that one of the DPR guys suckered a Sarawegian, it seems to be the English pussy way to do so.
On a brighter note: The Roos beat up on a depleted Surrey side. We had Goals, fist fights, beers and controversial reffing....... this is what we consider a fine afternoon, and nobody on our team will bitch about it.

Prost

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR going into the game with a good attitude... Your attitude is good only when you are allowed to foul without retaliation from the other team. Fouls go both ways, that is the reality of the game. No one comes to the game expecting to fight. Leading up to the "fistacuffs" Sarajevo had a corner kick. The ball was played and within the commotion one of the DPR players felt he was fouled and retaliated by throwing two sucker punches and hitting two Sarajevo players in the back of the head. If you guys have this great attitude you should have let the ref do his job. Needless to say he didn't call a foul but instead had to call the game due to the fight. Speaking on behalf of team Sarajevo we respect the DPR but don't expect to throw sucker punches and walk away without retaliation.
To your disadvantage in this "fistacuffs" you didn't realize Sarajevo had registered Rashad Evans...

Of course fouls go both ways. We went into the game knowing what certain players on the Sarajevo team would try and do and we vowed our hardest to try to not get involved. Of course in a team of 11 you will get one or two who get wound up. If the game had been played fairly without the awful Sarajevo off the ball stuff then these players wouldn't get defend themselves and get wound up. Your number was being his usual self and elbowing off the ball. People on the sides noticed and asked why he didn't he have any class. Yes, there were a couple of late challenges from both teams as that happens. But you can't dish it out and not expect to take it. The ref didn't do his job because he didn't see the cheap shots. We can't blame him for that. it was away from the action. I wish you would own up and admit your team did this. Before you start with the 'but you did this', there were fouls. But we did NOT have an agenda to get involved in the usual Sarajevo stuff and wanted to play ball.

There wasn't a 'commotion' at the corner. The number 2 took yet another cheap shot at the centre back and him with an elbow. He was right to lose it as I expect 99% of people would do in it happened to them. Flying elbows when not expected can serious damage. So he was right in going for him. You can call it a sucker punch but when you elbow someone and run away don't expect to get a tap on the shoulder.
Not sure of the other sucker punch as I didn't see that. Plus who turns their head in the middle of a melee of that proportion? We'll stick with the one. He took a good shot from the side himself which could be interpreted as a sucker punch but as my point above, you can't expect not to take one back if you dish it out.

I'm not sure if number 2 is always like that or just against us but maybe he will do it to the wrong team and get his reward. Sadly, I believe Sarajevo are a very good team and have no need to resort to bullying tatics. DPR will always try to stand up for ourselves and team mates. I appreciate that you respect DPR but there is only so much someone can take before losing it.

Sucker punching isn't the English way to do things Pete. But in that situation with an elbow thrown at me off the ball I can say that I would more than likely do the same. As I'm sure you would.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh 2 - PGR 0

Desmesh with majority of possession and deserving of the W. They're a pretty fit team to boot. I don't think it helped that we were playing our 3rd game in 6 days. A few of us had very little in the tank by the 2nd half ;)

We've been lucky with refs the past 3 games. Another very good ref today...

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds to me like an excuse Teelay. Not good enough if you want to pick up some Div.1 basement dwellers...;)

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh 2 - PGR 0

Desmesh with majority of possession and deserving of the W. They're a pretty fit team to boot. I don't think it helped that we were playing our 3rd game in 6 days. A few of us had very little in the tank by the 2nd half ;)

We've been lucky with refs the past 3 games. Another very good ref today...

That score flatters you. Should have been 5-0 at half, and maybe 10-0 by games end.

The entire game was played in your 30 yards. If not for extremely poor finishing and some decent saves from your keeper that game would have been a blow out.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That score flatters you. Should have been 5-0 at half, and maybe 10-0 by games end.

The entire game was played in your 30 yards. If not for extremely poor finishing and some decent saves from your keeper that game would have been a blow out.

Of course it should have been. :rolleyes: You guys could take Man U on a good day too I assume... :cool:

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 0 TSA Royals FC 3

Royals put 3 away in the first half, the second half was just a formality, with much of the intensity gone from the game. One of their players did manage to get two yellows though, which will cost them. Chalk another one up for us.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Both Desmesh vs PGR games this season ended 2-0 and while I don't think anyone would argue Desmesh are the more talented team, shouts for 10-0 are pretty ridiculous. Maybe a little sharpness in our third is something you should be concerned about...especially as you will be playing off to try to get to Div 1. Goals are harder to come by up there :rolleyes:

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh has only 6 goals against. i checked the entire league thats the best in all Divs. Must have a good Def. or goalie or the other teams just cant score. Most of the games in 2C in the 2nd half of the season have been close compared to the begining of the season.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 18 Predictions:

Desmesh FC: 4
Signmaster SC: 0

North Shore Reds: 1
Vancouver Stars: 2

Douglas Park Rangers: 5
Surrey STU: 1

East Van Socceroos: 2
Point Grey Rangers: 2

Sarajevo: 2
GFC Lions: 0

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh has only 6 goals against. i checked the entire league thats the best in all Divs. Must have a good Def. or goalie or the other teams just cant score. Most of the games in 2C in the 2nd half of the season have been close compared to the begining of the season.

We don't know about their goalie as we didn't test him :) Their back line is excellent and calm. Centre back is extremely good.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
not that it means much but........

when were these guys ever div 1?

Desmesh Groupies | Facebook
\

wondering if its the same squad?

were they not div 3 last year?

They were previously known as Royal United. They won Div 2, moved up to Div 1, played 1 or 2 seasons there, and then had to give up their spot to Akal after the Indo-Akal un-merger. Not quite sure on why that was the case. I guess the spot originally belonged to Akal and they were just borrowing it? Perhaps akal_number_one or mugjamari can enlighten us.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were previously known as Royal United. They won Div 2, moved up to Div 1, played 1 or 2 seasons there, and then had to give up their spot to Akal after the Indo-Akal un-merger. Not quite sure on why that was the case. I guess the spot originally belonged to Akal and they were just borrowing it? Perhaps akal_number_one or mugjamari can enlighten us.

kinda confused myself... i dont think they are the same as stated here they started as dive 3 a couple years ago?

DFC | Facebook

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game of the week as far as the TSA Royals are concerned, besides our own, is the HNK v Yaletown game. HNK wraps up top spot with a win. I predict that Yaletown starts their better keeper, but will be hampered by their centre back taking the red last game. Final score: HNK 2 Yaletown 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0