Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were previously known as Royal United. They won Div 2, moved up to Div 1, played 1 or 2 seasons there, and then had to give up their spot to Akal after the Indo-Akal un-merger. Not quite sure on why that was the case. I guess the spot originally belonged to Akal and they were just borrowing it? Perhaps akal_number_one or mugjamari can enlighten us.

Thats basically correct. We weren't part of Royal United for their promotion from Division 2 as me and my brother were playing with Khalsa Sporting at the time. Royal United asked us if we could help them out, as the majority of their team was old and had no chance of being competitive in Div 1. We formed a team with some of the players we used in the summer and played in Div 1 for 2 years. The spot wasn't Akals to begin with. The guy who owned it was a good friend of my dad and had his son playing for our team, hence why he asked us to take over. We played in Div 1 for 2 years, having completely different rosters for both years. Akal had their fall out with Indo at the end of our second year, and they asked us if we wanted to merge. ( they had no place else to go) The guy who owned the spot was pretty close to them as well and agreed. Only problem was Akal brought in their own coach ( was supposed to be neutral) and he only intended to use my brother, myself and our goalie. My dad didn't want our players to sit out all year so he decided he would start our own team in Div 3 instead. Problem was "our players" laughed at the prospect of playing Div 3 and stayed with Akal ( I believe none of them play soccer anymore)

Since Div 3, we have had major turnover each year. Our Div 3 team was largely different from the one we used in Div 2 last year. This year we have different strikers, a center mid ( my brother left for school last year), a side midfielder, both outside backs and a new goalie. We have some very young players who have developed nicely over the past few years and we hope the trend continues.

Next year we are going to have to recruit heavily again as this year center mid is going back to Japan, and I'll be leaving for school as well. Hopefully the core we have in place now will stick together for a few years and continue to grow.

The only players that remain from that Div 1 team were our goalie ( who is hurt) and myself.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 5 Bosna 1

The first half ended 0-0. Royals scored their first off a free kick from 25 yards, and the route was on. Three more goals within the next 5 minutes, and the game was all but over. Bosna wasn't a bad team in the first half. They have some skilled players, and I am surprised by their position in the table, as I expect they should be able to beat some teams they have drawn and lost to. That being said, they had the idea they could score from 35 yards+ out quite often. While their shots were well hit, it is a long way out, and it would take something special to go in.

All in all it was a good game. They were easily one of the better bunch of guys we have played against, and from talking to their backs, their fitness suffers from having to practice indoors. Hopefully we can have a repeat performance next weekend.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 5 Bosna 1

All in all it was a good game. They were easily one of the better bunch of guys we have played against, and from talking to their backs, their fitness suffers from having to practice indoors. Hopefully we can have a repeat performance next weekend.

Practice? Really? In Division 2? C'mon ... must be joking! :D

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal 14, you are the biggest tool on ttp, soccer mom is a close second.

Soccer Mom is definitely the bigger tool....he is nothing more than a cheerleader

I can't wait to watch TSA get their asses handed to them in cup play when they start playing some real teams...DIV 2B is weak

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal 14, you are the biggest tool on ttp, soccer mom is a close second.

Rich, Something tells me that all of TSA will be attending Hastings Bowl today.

"and the award to the most serious Div 2 team EVER is...."

flaren

Nov 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know tsa players are anxiously awaiting the vatreni vs yaletown result. You guys will like the result.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noticed Signmaster and Desmesh 1-1 yesterday at North Surrey School... or "should" it have been 10-1 for Desmesh ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Shaheen for clinching promotion to the first division yesterday. A good group of guys who beat Ladner 6 - 0 last night to earn promotion. Well done. It's never easy getting promoted.

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen haven't clinched yet have they? There are still games to be played and Squamish, with a game in hand, could very well be equal on points. It's just goal difference separating things.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen haven't clinched yet have they? There are still games to be played and Squamish, with a game in hand, could very well be equal on points. It's just goal difference separating things.

Not to mention the fact that in this season winning your group guarantees nothing as there is still a round-robin between the winners of 2A, 2B, and 2C to decide which one team gets promoted.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention the fact that in this season winning your group guarantees nothing as there is still a round-robin between the winners of 2A, 2B, and 2C to decide which one team gets promoted.

Correct. My bet is Desmesh get that nod...although they did drop their first points of the year yesterday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They said they have it clinched after last night? :confused:

Either way, I forgot about the playoff.....but congrats on AT LEAST earning a tie for first in their group then. :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct. My bet is Desmesh get that nod...although they did drop their first points of the year yesterday.

They also tied Sarajevo a couple of weeks ago... my bet is either 2A or 2C winner. Should (hopefully) be good soccer with that 3 way playoff. I'm sure the winners of all 3 divisions are concentrating more on that than the 2 Cup...

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They said they have it clinched after last night? :confused:

Either way, I forgot about the playoff.....but congrats on AT LEAST earning a tie for first in their group then. :D

Still not the case, they have two games to go in their division and anything can happen, as we all know.

Shaheen has make-up games with Meralomas and NorWest United still.

Squamish has two games with Zawisza (one being played tonight), Norvan Lions, and Meralomas.

Group is still up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0