Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not worried. Soccer Coach and I are quite familiar with each other.
Though loss. Hillcrest is a difficult field to play. I will try to drop by and watch your game with America. They are a difficult team to play as they are still playing at Division 2 tempo. Best of luck to your guys.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only two perfect records left in Div 3: recently relegated America in 3A and newcomers Coquitlam in 3B. Both should get decent challenges this weekend as America play Westside who are in third place but have a game in hand on the team above them and Coquitlam play second place Richmond on the road.

Several teams across the three groups have inflated goal differences, as is often the case in Div 3, but Coquitlam's GD is next level at +35 over 5 games: 37 for and 2 against!

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only two perfect records left in Div 3: recently relegated America in 3A and newcomers Coquitlam in 3B. Both should get decent challenges this weekend as America play Westside who are in third place but have a game in hand on the team above them and Coquitlam play second place Richmond on the road.

Several teams across the three groups have inflated goal differences, as is often the case in Div 3, but Coquitlam's GD is next level at +35 over 5 games: 37 for and 2 against

From what I have heard is that Coquitlam team is bunch of old U-21 players. Some players aren't quite ready to make the jump into prem and some are to old to play for U-21. Its a smart move by them to get a team into Div. 3 so that some kids can get used to play men's soccer instead of getting a team into cat league which serves no purpose in my opinion.

Hey @Canucks4Ever is Westside Junior affiliated with the Westside prem team? If so how do you find the change from cat to Div. 3 level? Which is more competitive cat or Div.3?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I have heard is that Coquitlam team is bunch of old U-21 players. Some players aren't quite ready to make the jump into prem and some are to old to play for U-21. Its a smart move by them to get a team into Div. 3 so that some kids can get used to play men's soccer instead of getting a team into cat league which serves no purpose in my opinion.

Hey @Canucks4Ever is Westside Junior affiliated with the Westside prem team? If so how do you find the change from cat to Div. 3 level? Which is more competitive cat or Div.3?

As I believe @dezza mentioned before, the Westside Div 3 team is the former Westside CAT team. Obviously they can't be direct directly affiliated with the Premier team (no "CATing" between the divisions...) but all those players know each other well, going back to years past.

In my personal involvement with, and observation of, all the levels of the VMSL over the years when it comes to comparing CAT to Div 3 they are relatively similar in the sense that you generally have between 2-4 teams at the top fighting it out for the league title. These teams, for the most part, run the table against the rest of the league and then have the 4 to 6 games between themselves that will really determine the league outcome. Any points these top teams drop to lower teams can absolutely hammer a team's ambition.

Skill level wise, not dissimilar again, with some teams being very skilled and ambitious while others are more recreational. By the end of the season it is not uncommon in both leagues to see lower table teams struggling to be competitive as, with no relegation, it can be tough to motivate guys to come out once you are out of the title race.

So overall, lots of comparables. This season, perhaps not so much as CAT is without traditional top teams like Westside and Surrey Utd. and has only has 7 teams, compared to 10 or 12 teams in seasons past. I can even recall years ago when I believe CAT had 16 or more teams and two divisions.

As for Westside, I think the guys are bullish about their chances to win the league but, just like CAT, they know it won't be easy and even one slip up can be too much to recover from. Certainly this week's match against America will really test them. So too will we get to measure the credentials of Coquitlam when they play Richmond, definitely a watershed fixture list in Div 3 this weekend.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic bagel, America 3.

Late report as my place is now currently torn apart while new floors are being installed, and it took me a while to find my computer where La señora had hidden it.

No goalkeeper available for us. Two guys out with injuries meant that we had to borrow the banged-up guy from our over 35 team, and he'd already played that morning and over-extended his knee making a save there. A slow start defensively meant that a ball bounced between keeper and back line didn't get picked up properly and got pounced on by their striker, who banged it in. Down 1-0 and barely 2 minutes in is not a good way to make your coach happy. Going down 3-0 by the half on two more iffy goals even less so.

As usual, this meant that the bhoys got ripped a new one for the defensive brain farts, and the second half was played at a much higher level of intensity, with a definite advantage to Celtic on both chances and ball possession, and their keeper was definitely challenged more than ours was. America definitely did not take their foot off the gas; they were just being pressed harder. These guys can definitely be had with some harder pressure on Sid's 40+ year old legs - ironically he was their best player by a long shot.

Burnaby Selects at Empire on Sunday for us next...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Coast Celts keep things from being a complete run away in 3C, holding Metro Ford to a 0-0.

Second half of the season looks finely poised in all the groups as we make the turn...

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre - France FC / 0 - 3 / Game Report :

After a very complicated start for our first season we finally won 2 games in row. Having a real goalkeeper and almost all our best players available make a big difference, we actually didn't loose a game since the keeper came in our team (it's been 3 games). Of course we also started to better know each other, that helps a lot too.

We started this game well with an early goal from our striker. It's what we call a "fox goal" back home if you translate it literally, which mean he was on the good spot at the right moment with a good finition. After this goal even if Campo Libre had 2 dangerous situations with one shot on the bar (touched by our keeper) France FC dominated the first half with a good pressure in Campo Libre side and some dangerous situations. We had the control of the ball and Campo had hard time to pass the halfway line.
Even if the rep was good (one of the best we had so far), I think we should have had a penalty for a hand in the box on a cross ball. The pass was going perfectly for our striker and one of the defender touched the ball with his arm (the arm was "off" the body, I really think it was an intentional "reflex") but fortunately for us it didn't impact the final result.

The second half was totally different with the entrance of more technical players for Campo Libre in defense and midfield. I am still wondering why those guys didn't start..the game was then more balanced and Campo dominated a little bit more than us the second half. We started to play in counter attacks and we scored a second goal with a header from one of our defender on a free kick. Campo had a good opportunity to come back in the game with another shot on a goalpost. We scored a third goal with long range shot from one of our midfielder, I would say it's kind of a mistake from Campo keeper that anticipated on the wrong side.

It was probably our best game this season, particularly in the first half.
A good game with no anger at all against a team with a fairplay spirit, it was nice !

I would be interested to have a feedback from Campo Libre for this game.

À bientôt !

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre - France FC / 0 - 3 / Game Report :

After a very complicated start for our first season we finally won 2 games in row. Having a real goalkeeper and almost all our best players available make a big difference, we actually didn't loose a game since the keeper came in our team (it's been 3 games). Of course we also started to better know each other, that helps a lot too.

We started this game well with an early goal from our striker. It's what we call a "fox goal" back home if you translate it literally, which mean he was on the good spot at the right moment with a good finition. After this goal even if Campo Libre had 2 dangerous situations with one shot on the bar (touched by our keeper) France FC dominated the first half with a good pressure in Campo Libre side and some dangerous situations. We had the control of the ball and Campo had hard time to pass the halfway line.
Even if the rep was good (one of the best we had so far), I think we should have had a penalty for a hand in the box on a cross ball. The pass was going perfectly for our striker and one of the defender touched the ball with his arm (the arm was "off" the body, I really think it was an intentional "reflex") but fortunately for us it didn't impact the final result.

The second half was totally different with the entrance of more technical players for Campo Libre in defense and midfield. I am still wondering why those guys didn't start..the game was then more balanced and Campo dominated a little bit more than us the second half. We started to play in counter attacks and we scored a second goal with a header from one of our defender on a free kick. Campo had a good opportunity to come back in the game with another shot on a goalpost. We scored a third goal with long range shot from one of our midfielder, I would say it's kind of a mistake from Campo keeper that anticipated on the wrong side.

It was probably our best game this season, particularly in the first half.
A good game with no anger at all against a team with a fairplay spirit, it was nice !

I would be interested to have a feedback from Campo Libre for this game.

À bientôt !
There is no much feedback to give, since it just a matter of perspective.

You have a nice team that plays a nice style of football with some very creative and skilled players. You will go far as you play more seasons. Without doubt, a nice addition to the VMSL family.

It is difficult for me to explain in detail what are we trying to do. The division 3 team has very little chance of promotion since a couple of weeks. Thus, each game is an opportunity to teach and guide the players in certain aspects of the game in the specific way that we aim to play the game (i.e. specific build-ups, transitions, patterns of attack, etc). Our division 1 team players are usually are more proficient in doing them, but the Division 3 team players are still learning them. They are now in the process of preparing for next season.
Perhaps, this is why you might have experienced changes in the game and might have perceived that there was difference of ability among the players. Overall, well deserved win for you guys; we look forward playing with you guys next round. All the best on the rest of the season.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no much feedback to give, since it just a matter of perspective.

You have a nice team that plays a nice style of football with some very creative and skilled players. You will go far as you play more seasons. Without doubt, a nice addition to the VMSL family.

It is difficult for me to explain in detail what are we trying to do. The division 3 team has very little chance of promotion since a couple of weeks. Thus, each game is an opportunity to teach and guide the players in certain aspects of the game in the specific way that we aim to play the game (i.e. specific build-ups, transitions, patterns of attack, etc). Our division 1 team players are usually are more proficient in doing them, but the Division 3 team players are still learning them. They are now in the process of preparing for next season.
Perhaps, this is why you might have experienced changes in the game and might have perceived that there was difference of ability among the players. Overall, well deserved win for you guys; we look forward playing with you guys next round. All the best on the rest of the season.

You are right "Feedback" wasn't maybe the right word but as you can see english isn't my first language and I'm still learning everyday :)
Thanks for your reply, I am looking forward to play against your team on the next round.
All the best as well for the rest of the season.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right "Feedback" wasn't maybe the right word but as you can see english isn't my first language and I'm still learning everyday :)
Thanks for your reply, I am looking forward to play against your team on the next round.
All the best as well for the rest of the season.
No worries. Keep in touch and we can arrange friendlies during the summer.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
halfway into the season, any surprises?

Statistically the fact that there have be 0 draws in 3B to this point of the season is a surprise.

Surely Coquitlam's dominance is a surprise, I'm sure they expected to be a good team and likely the top team in the division prior to the season. But their GD is stunning, I don't think even they could have expected to be this dominant. Still, Westcoast Celts are in with a shout though, only 3 pts. back assuming they win their game in hand.

So at the moment it's a 3 horse race in 3A, a 2 horse race in 3B and a 1.5 horse race in 3C which should make the back half entertaining all the way through.

As for disappointing surprises, the lack of posts by @RickG is a bummer. The "Boners" insight into the league was always a fun read.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Richmond FC was going to be in a better position than they are right now.
My predictions for promotion:
Group A: Between America, Westside Royal City
Group B: Between Bosna and Cliff Cobra
Group C: Metroford

I think Group A is more competitive in terms of promotion there are 3 teams that are competing for promotion spot versus 2 teams in Group B and 1 team in Group C. Also, the almighty Campo is in group A so by default it means the strongest group in B.C. Metroford is the best team in Div. 3 just based on their record, 47 GF and 3 GA in 8 games is pretty outstanding.

@Soccer Coach what do you think of your team performance in Div.3? Could any of the Div.3 teams compete in Div.2 or even Div.1?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

The biggest surprise to me is that a team who was technically only 6-7 points behind the group leaders in 3A going into this past weekend admitted to throwing in the towel with more than half the season still to play. I don't know how it is possible for the players on the team to continue show up and compete or have any respect for that kind of leadership. If you want to work on development with a team in the CAT or U21 league that makes sense, but to be part of the main pyramid with promotion and relegation and start playing experimentally and using weaker players this early in the season is extremely disrespectful to the other teams of the division and ruins the competition.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest surprise to me is that a team who was technically only 6-7 points behind the group leaders in 3A going into this past weekend admitted to throwing in the towel with more than half the season still to play. I don't know how it is possible for the players on the team to continue show up and compete or have any respect for that kind of leadership. If you want to work on development with a team in the CAT or U21 league that makes sense, but to be part of the main pyramid with promotion and relegation and start playing experimentally and using weaker players this early in the season is extremely disrespectful to the other teams of the division and ruins the competition.

I smell collusion!!! Rinos must be behind the conspiracy!!

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you referring to Campo libre?
That's fine, the rest of the group can take the points and use it.
America had 3 draws in a row. Against #1 and #2 they were playing 5 defenders and 3 defensive mids to save a point, I doubt they will be close to top 2 by the end. My opinion.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you referring to Campo libre?
That's fine, the rest of the group can take the points and use it.
America had 3 draws in a row. Against #1 and #2 they were playing 5 defenders and 3 defensive mids to save a point, I doubt they will be close to top 2 by the end. My opinion.

Against which team were they playing in that formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0