Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January, 2006

Should the game miraculously go ahead, who will win, Real MacDonald or C-Men United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Watcher also had a good chance that he couldn't quite take. JB's keeper came way out to the sidelines, knocked the ball out for a throw-in then proceeded to walk back to the goal. NK tossed it in to Watcher for the 40 yard attempt on a gaping goal but he rushed it just a bit too much and JB's escaped.
yea i had a bit of a brain lapse there, its just a good thing that my magical powers directed the ball out for a goal kick:knvb:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

see now why couldn't my magical goalkeeping powers be workin like that that game.......gah i had an incredibly brainlapsed game as it took me 30mins to get into it :( so be happy u didn't end up just like me

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No magical powers needed for the D line. We were stellar................until subs happened.:(

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

you guys better be stellar again saturday cuz i dont wanna have to do sh*t all

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Therapist said:
No magical powers needed for the D line. We were stellar................until subs happened.:(

Yeah, Yeah you guys played well until I went in. Simple solution to that is start my fat ass and then sub yourself in:D At least we won't have to worry about hand ball boy this week;) G-Strang, I know you'll be ready to play and on the lovely Strathcona pitch...... anything can happen. Hope you're magical powers are once again in good form. If not, team up with Richie for some of his "wonder twin power... activate" pregame rituals:wa:

MOTW should be NK / Primos in the race for promo. Can the train get back on track with the return of their D line??

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[VMSL Division 2] January, 2006 Forum

My superpowers are flawed right now. I can't seem to get the correct thread title to stick. This is meant to be the Predictions, Results & Banter thread for March, 2057 but will have to use it as the January, 2006 thread instead. Proceed then.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] January, 2006 Forum

lets cancel some games for this weekend, how about it, cuz i can't play :(

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] January, 2006 Forum

Yomama will unfortunately miss the Primo game as well but the rest of the D line should be there. Go NK!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Help please - playing Saturday at Burnaby Lake West #3 at 4pm. The start time makes me think that this is on the turf at 8 Rinks but Burnaby Lake is different than 8 Rinks, no?

Have they built turf fields at Burnaby Lake recently or is this lit grass?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be careful Bandcamp, Regs always posts algebra questions for answers to other queries then won't give you the solution. For example, one time I asked how much he was going to be paying me for my services here and he answered, "If 800x=0 and x=your salary, find x". Still not sure about the answer but I'm sure it's a massive number.

Judging by the number of posts in here its pretty obvious everyone figures the games will be played this weekend. Personally though I think only the games scheduled on turf will proceed. It looks to me that there is one turf match for each group. Cobras v. Belmont, JB's v. Nomads and SPH v. MacDonald Realtors. Word on the street is that one of the Realtors recently sold a massive fcuking house on the West Van waterfront and will be pouring his huge commission into the club. Unfortunately it is the Capilano Golf Club and not his soccer team so I'll have to take SPH to win that one. I'll also pick the JB's to overrun and beat the Nomads but with G-strang being deked out of his g-string for a Nomad goal. I'll also take Belmont to do their best mongoose impression and wring a win out of the slitherers.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab Hurricanes 10 Real Macdonald 0

Good way to come back after the break. Let's hope this rain lets up so we can try to finish this season before the next one begins!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SB - Yeah, really good way to come back after the break. Was that the first goal of his career for the guy who got your 10th goal, or are you guys always that exciteable?

Good grief man, you were playing against a team that had a guy try to toepunt a free kick in from 20 yards out....:rolleyes:

Full credit to the Real guys for not getting pissed and resorting to hacking your fine group of sportsmen....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I'll also pick the JB's to overrun and beat the Nomads but with G-strang being deked out of his g-string for a Nomad goal.
There will be none of that, the g-string is fully reinforced with duct tape and contact cement

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV - first of all - lay off on the shots against us. We celebrated a couple of goals early on and then it was just another goal in our eyes. After the 10th - we specifically told everyone to ease up the rest of the way. Could we have done that after 3 or 4 - sure we could have but we got a 1-0 win the last time against Real and it was a statement game for our boys - there was NO disrespect intended.

I can't remember who got the 10th goal but I'm thinking it was the same guy who scored 4 earlier in the game so to answer your question - no - that was his 5th goal of the game. And the team was excited b/c he scored a great goal - can't take that away from him.

Real is a classy group if you ask our team - they have had some big losses the past couple of years but they always play and we haven't seen them complain once.

trece verde said:
SB - Yeah, really good way to come back after the break. Was that the first goal of his career for the guy who got your 10th goal, or are you guys always that exciteable?

Good grief man, you were playing against a team that had a guy try to toepunt a free kick in from 20 yards out....:rolleyes:

Full credit to the Real guys for not getting pissed and resorting to hacking your fine group of sportsmen....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Real is a classy group if you ask our team - they have had some big losses the past couple of years but they always play and we haven't seen them complain once.

I'll second that. Real loves to come out and just play. They don't complain and they seem to all get along, i.e. they don't swear at one another. The game was one-sided and wasn't chippy. I don't get where TV is getting this whole "unsportsmanlike" B.S. stuff from. The kid scored an awesome goal that deserved some credit.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
I can't remember who got the 10th goal but I'm thinking it was the same guy who scored 4 earlier in the game so to answer your question - no - that was his 5th goal of the game. And the team was excited b/c he scored a great goal - can't take that away from him.QUOTE]

Actually that was his 6th of the game, if it was who I think it was.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men played a friendly against the Green Devils Sunday. We wanted to shake some rust off from the layoff and they also had some new guys that they wanted to evaluate. First half was fairly even with us giving them two gifts on bad give aways, but we also were able to score one on a nice build up of 4-5 passes and a good finish-a rare occurence for us. Second half was all GDs as they started playing possession, stringing lots of passes together, and creating many scoring chances. I hope that at least some of the younger guys on our team picked up some pointers from their style of play. Though the scoreline was lopsided it was still a good run for us. We'll be in tough for a while as we still have 3/4 of our midfield serving suspensions-hope to have it sorted out by cup time. Good luck to the Green Devils the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0