Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January, 2006

Should the game miraculously go ahead, who will win, Real MacDonald or C-Men United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 3 - 0 City FC

Pretty non-eventful. LOTS of rust and playing on turf is always interesting when you only see it once a year. One of the City defenders snapped at the end of the game and wanted to fight for some reason but the rest of the team were good guys. Couple of really quality players on City that are way past their best playing days but are a good influence on the younger guys.

BIG tilt this weekend with Signmaster...unless it's cancelled of course.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I'll also pick the JB's to overrun and beat the Nomads but with G-strang being deked out of his g-string for a Nomad goal.

G-Strang said:
There will be none of that, the g-string is fully reinforced with duct tape and contact cement

The word is that Nomads beat JB's 3-1 tonight

Therapist ?... Bonefish ?... Mickster ?...

Can you guys confirm this? or maybe it is just a rumour

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea its true, i didnt help our case out very much by being deked out of the g-string thrice, their keeper played very well however

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game never happened. I'm in denial.

Kudos to Nomads for the win, but we beat ourselves. The turf pitch was flooded so attempted ball movment through the middle was suicidal. We missed alot of chances. Probably rust from not playing in a month.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my vantage point on the not so warm bench(Brutal night), the JB's controlled most of the first half and had quite a few opportunties. The nomads scored first after a corner kick rebounded between defender and forward alike until it was colleceted by a nomad who made a nice turn and fired it in the corner. A garbage-esque goal but a goal none the less. JB's kept pressing and were rewarded with a nice goal later in the half. 2nd half saw the Nomads pick up thier game and get some more play. This partly due to the change in sides that decided who had to play in the lake that had formed in the east side of the field. The JB's still had the better chances and should have gone up a goal on a few occasions which would have probably have sealed the deal. The Nomad keeper made a couple of key saves to keep the score even and his crossbar helped him out some. When it came time for our garbage goal to come, the ball never seemed to bounce in our favor. On a turnover mid half, The nomads had a 2 on 2 which they were able to convert for the go ahead goal. JB's with some more luckless chances and with a bunch of players pressing another defensive turnover resulted in the third goal. Nomads were denied a 4 after a post.... An ugly night, an ugly game on an ugly pitch. The loss of 3 pts seals the deal on our season's hopes of finishing top of the table...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit of a suprising result on the turf for the JB's. Mathematically speaking they are not out of the promotion race yet, but realistically it looks over for them. NK and Primos would both have to simultaneously shite the bed. Maybe Therapist could arrange a Nancy Kerriganesque knee-piping to NK's and Primos' best players. He does look quite a bit like Tonya Harding after all.

Well, I'm not confident any games will be played this week but I'll fill out a prediction form anyway.

Group 2A's match of the week has Belmont taking on Signmaster at West Point Grey. Someone has got to beat the Signmasturbators, and soon, if they are to be caught, so it's a biggie for the Bellends. I'll pick them for the mild upset.

It looks like Group 2B has a couple of interesting matchups on Sunday. NK take on the Green Devils and Primos play the JB-slaying Nomads. Someone mentioned the Green Devils were trying out some new players, presumably to replace their departed latinos. Still, I think NK will be hungrier and I will take them to win a close game. In the other match, the Nomads are playing at home and and really seem to like fcuking up the program, so I'll pick a draw here. Plus, they must have about 1000 years of combined playing experience in Division 2 among just a couple of their veterans.

As for Group 2C, SPH take on Bombastic downtown at David Lam. Here's a chance for the Bombastards to prove they can play with the better Division 2 sides. Personally, I can't see them doing it though and will predict some Hurricane force winds blow their house down. On the side, Real MacDonald play C-men and have a chance to gain their first win with three-fourths of the C-words' midfield suspended. I'll predict a tie but am hoping, and no offense to any Spermers, that Real can pull of the win. Tell you what, I'll even post a poll for y'all.

Allright, those are my thoughts. Anyone else have any, besides Bonefish's predictable rainout, er, prediction?

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a win by the Socceroos over the Yaletowners......however I strongly believe the game will be postponed,which in turn makes my prediction pointless...which also makes me wonder why I still log on to this site while it rains....fukk, I am off to the pub.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Bit of a suprising result on the turf for the JB's.
Confederation Lake as it was that night was more like Champlain Park than the turf we are accustomed to. The Nomads were right at home :D .
This weekend looks done in already. I will save my predictions for February.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
however I strongly believe the game will be postponed,which in turn makes my prediction pointless...which also makes me wonder why I still log on to this site

Ah, maybe 'cause you're stalking me, you freak?!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Confederation Lake as it was that night was more like Champlain Park than the turf we are accustomed to. The Nomads were right at home :D .
This weekend looks done in already. I will save my predictions for February.

Wohwohwoh when Dap and I used to play at Champlain we didn't have a lake. The field held up pretty good for the piece of crap that it was. Now I don't get how the almighty North Van district or whatever it is called paid for a state of the art all weather field and got one that looks like Gates Park or MAP Oval when it rains but please keep good old Champlain Park out of this.;)

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless there is some kind of a miracle, looks like all Vancouver grass fields will be closed for the weekend. Its already on the Vcr Parks website.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell, I hate it when Bonefish is right.

Maybe we should just play out the season on the foosball table at the Soho while drinking pints. I'll be the JB's. I'll spill my beer all over the shop and when Termatofylakas drunkily flukes out and beats me I'll blame it on the lake of beer on the table. What do you guys think? Who's in?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I am the JB you love to hate, but i am O.K with that. There is no direct blame on the pitch for the loss cause the missed scoring opportunities were plentiful.(And before you start TTPing me for them, I did not play Mon). There were however, lots of times where our speed was negated by balls that went from 50 - 5 in a second. Any quick passes through the middle were difficult as you never knew how much weight to put on the ball.
Cup Draw is on Monday and here's hoping for a hard draw cause the last few years of relatively easy one's have saw JimBeam fail get beyond the round of 16.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Unless there is some kind of a miracle, looks like all Vancouver grass fields will be closed for the weekend. Its already on the Vcr Parks website.

Vcr Parks site updated every Friday around noon. What you are looking at is last Friday's report (see "updated January 13" part). Doesn't change the fact that things will be shut down again this weekend.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Vcr Parks site updated every Friday around noon. What you are looking at is last Friday's report (see "updated January 13" part). Doesn't change the fact that things will be shut down again this weekend.

It says closed for Sat. Jan.21 and Sun. Jan.22 on the website. And it does say that it was updated on Jan.13, which doesn't make sense. I think we should do a pool to predict when the season will end. I say April 22

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
I know I am the JB you love to hate, but i am O.K with that.

Hey, I have to take the piss out of someone, for something. There's not much material nowadays with one game a week being played.

As for when the season will end, I predict two-game weekends in the future for some teams, which is a laughable situation when the promo races are tight. Gotta get those goalposts down though so the baseball and ultimate leagues can start. Honestly, is there anything lamer than baseball or ultimate? Ungh.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Yaletownn will come to the East Side to play the mighty Roos at Kensington South....make sure to bring your Gum Boots. I Invite all the Yaletowners to come and visit our sponsor the E-walk for beers after the game....providing we win...if not you are invited to go to the Eldorado on Kingsway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0