Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January, 2006

Should the game miraculously go ahead, who will win, Real MacDonald or C-Men United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears as if a few games may get played this weekend after all (some of the fields are listed as user discretion) including the massive Real MacDonald v. C-Men match. Get your votes in quick!

Other games that might happen are the Belmont-Signmaster table-topper and the NK-Green Devils and Primos-Nomads tilts. The results of all three matches are important to the standings and should be pretty tough contests for all the squads involved. Anyone got predictions? I've already made mine.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
uhmmm i just rather not play this weekend...its been too long, this is shite, what did we play like 1 game in 3 months i mean , c'mon wtf.....either way chooooooo choooooooo

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 - 1 GD

Green Devils went up 1-0 in the second half and NK tied it with a penalty shot with about 15 minutes to go in the game. NK hit a crossbar in the first half and the wide-open net rebound was somehow missed by the same player who slotted the PK for us later (great shot). The goal would have changed the make-up of this game, but then in the second half the Green Devils hit a post too and had some other opportunities that were squandered. Sliding three feet every time you want to change directions didn't help either team. NK will be stronger next game when 3 key starters come back into the line-up.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 2 - Nomads 1

Primos down to 10 men within the first 15 minutes on a take-down by the last man. Correct call.

Nomads pushed hard in the 2nd, but 2 clinical finishes by Primos sealed the deal.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I predict a win by the Socceroos over the Yaletowners......however I strongly believe the game will be postponed,which in turn makes my prediction pointless...which also makes me wonder why I still log on to this site while it rains....fukk, I am off to the pub.
Socceroos 0-7 Latte Boyz

The rain was kind enough to let up for us to get this match played after waaaay too much downtime. The field was also in surprisingly good shape. YFC had the balance of chances in the first half, but didn't score until a few moments before half to go into the break 1-0 up. Socceroos held up well throughout the first half, but YFC came out blazing in the second, scoring four goals in the first fifteen minutes, and adding two later in the half.
It was a fairly clean, hard game, but there were a few unfortunate injuries, especially on the Socceroos side, including a twisted ankle, a twisted knee, and a dislocated/broken finger. Our sweeper also had his face stepped on (by a teammate) during a scramble in the box, but was fortunately able to continue despite a mangled lip.
I'm looking forward to the rematch, and I think Socceroos will give us a better game if they can field a full-strength side. They only had one or two subs, who were soon negated by injuries, and they faded quite a bit in the second half.

On to Zawisza...

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Socceroos 0-7 Latte Boyz

The rain was kind enough to let up for us to get this match played after waaaay too much downtime. The field was also in surprisingly good shape. YFC had the balance of chances in the first half, but didn't score until a few moments before half to go into the break 1-0 up. Socceroos held up well throughout the first half, but YFC came out blazing in the second, scoring four goals in the first fifteen minutes, and adding two later in the half.
It was a fairly clean, hard game, but there were a few unfortunate injuries, especially on the Socceroos side, including a twisted ankle, a twisted knee, and a dislocated/broken finger. Our sweeper also had his face stepped on (by a teammate) during a scramble in the box, but was fortunately able to continue despite a mangled lip.
I'm looking forward to the rematch, and I think Socceroos will give us a better game if they can field a full-strength side. They only had one or two subs, who were soon negated by injuries, and they faded quite a bit in the second half.

On to Zawisza...
Well spoken.....We will try and bring a Goalie when we meet again.
Hey Doc, the twisted ancle turned out to be a badly bruised foot....thanx for all your help out there.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to hear! I'm glad you got it checked out though. Just to keep in mind, if there is ever a possibility of having to deal with insurance, they want you to know that you went to the doc asap. And yeah, I knew it wasn't the ankle - the foot was pretty black and blue - i'm just glad (for your sake) that it isnt broken!!!
Take care out there. Always happy to help!

potstirrer

Jan 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
THis site is as almost as confusing as to the reason why this league is happy to keep things status quo. ie crap refs, no booking of turf fields, no linesemen for Div 2 or 1, crap website, blatant special attention to premier division while ignoring the rest. Maybe more confusing as to why no one has challenged this league to make itself better. now we can look forward to back to back cup/league games on what should be 24 hours notice.

DevilsDisciple

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
NK 1 - 1 GD

Green Devils went up 1-0 in the second half and NK tied it with a penalty shot with about 15 minutes to go in the game. NK hit a crossbar in the first half and the wide-open net rebound was somehow missed by the same player who slotted the PK for us later (great shot). The goal would have changed the make-up of this game, but then in the second half the Green Devils hit a post too and had some other opportunities that were squandered. Sliding three feet every time you want to change directions didn't help either team. NK will be stronger next game when 3 key starters come back into the line-up.

This game could of been easily 4 or 5 nothing. I think Yomama is missing the two break away's we had in the first half that our forward screwed. We watched the videotape after of the game we were kicking ourselves at the missed chances. NK has to admit that they were lucky to come away with a tie. To all those TTP's out there, how often does a referee award a penality shot from a free kick that hits a shoulder in the wall. Oh well, we can't cry because we should have finished our chances. Now that we have our new goalie expect more from the greendevils.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all those TTP's out there, how often does a referee award a penality shot from a free kick that hits a shoulder in the wall.
I'm just guessing here but at least once?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all those TTP's out there, how often does a referee award a penality shot from a free kick that hits a shoulder in the wall.

If it's john probably once a month.
If it's eddie it depends on how much beer you've bribed him with.

:D :D

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THis site is as almost as confusing as to the reason why this league is happy to keep things status quo. ie crap refs, no booking of turf fields, no linesemen for Div 2 or 1, crap website, blatant special attention to premier division while ignoring the rest. Maybe more confusing as to why no one has challenged this league to make itself better. now we can look forward to back to back cup/league games on what should be 24 hours notice.

I know you're trying to "stir the pot" as your name suggests, but if you are having trouble navigating this site, you must be bloody retarded.

potstirrer

Jan 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
or maybe azzi and co. have led you to believe the abstract way is the only way....like all his other cronies....or maybe drinking and posting is the only way to stay sane here and with the azzi way, next time i'll try

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the guy arguing about raising his arm to protect his face from the ball was actually hit in the shoulder? Wow. He must feel stupid now, huh? I've got some advice for him: If he doesn't want the chance of getting hit, then don't step into the wall.

4 or 5 to nothing? Please.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
potstirrer said:
or maybe azzi and co. have led you to believe the abstract way is the only way....like all his other cronies....or maybe drinking and posting is the only way to stay sane here and with the azzi way, next time i'll try

apparently i need to drink more as i don't understand what you mean. this site has nothing to with Azzi. although i am sure he is a big fan. :rolleyes:

As for the issues you brought up about the way the league is run.

Crap Ref's = On the whole the refs are fairly decent. there is not that many great ref's out there and tryong to find enugh people for all the games is a bit difficult. There is no way in hell they could find enough to have linesman at all the games and i don't think many teams outside of premier want to pay an extar $50 bucks fr them anyway. I believe you can request linesman from the league at any games and they will find them though.

Turf Fields = There is only so many turf fields out there and theleage only has so much access to them. What more do you want. My club has access to a turf field once a week for games but we pay 60 or 80 bucks an hour for that. I don't know if they can even book more but if they can they should. I think most teams would rather play on turf than not ply but getting access to turf time is not easy.

Crap Website= No shite. But iat least it gets the job done.

Premier over everyone else. = That's how it has always been and always will be. They are at the top of the ladder and everyone else is on different rungs. they are the "top" leage to play in so they should have a litlle more attention than everyone else.

The way the league is run is by no means perfect but if you want to chaneg it you need to try and join and executive and go to all the meetings. Most people don't care enough to do any of that so that 's why we are where we are.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
now here we go, i have to get into this, i was feeling the groove and shut you mothers out well, look FOO the chances were ok, but i saved them well, nothing dangerous really, as for that hand ball, IT WAS CLEAR F0CK I SAW IT FROM MY NET, the guy actually extended his arm to the side, it was not even close to his shoulder, unless his shoulder is by his mid-drift and one foot to the side of this body. Thanks, now leave it alone, it was a great game that saw a lot of action and it could have gone either way, its what i call a keepers game since both of us had a great one.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any fukcing idiot who goes by the name devils disciple needs to have his head examined. As for the 5-0 rant I think you have been spending to much time sucking the devils dikc. Despite this tool, the green team did play quite well. NK missing at least three key players and having a sick striker play 80 minutes definately took away from their game. The Watcher is also sad to see the Primos get three points from the Nomads but it sounds like they really earned it. Hope to see some better results down the stretch for the good train. On to Champlain Heights where the games are never easy and NK would be happy to match the Primos result and get out with the points.

GreenDevilsNumberElevenLooksLikeACrossDresser

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Punjab Hurricanes 3 PCOV 0

Good game for SPH - controlled most of the play and missed numerous chances. Next up - IFC Zawisza.
Congrats, StriBus. You guys have pretty amazing consistency for this league, and I think you'll definitely hold your own in Div. 1 next year. Unfortunately, we shat the be a couple of times earlier in the season which puts catching you guys out of our hands, and I don't see any other teams in 2C taking points off you this season.
I guess we'll just have to thrash you in the quarterfinals of the cup, instead ;)

Next up - IFC Zawisza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0