Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Yeah, good luck to SPH next season, the ref made the game pretty much inconsecequencial. SPH must agree that YFC had the majority of both possession and territory but a goal is a goal albiet blatantly offside :)
The ref was appallling and 0-0 was a just result at best. Congrats to SPH for promotion but today they knew they got off with a very lucky result. Any (honest) comments on that SPH? (Bearing in mind that Bombastic were watching and may post thir 'neutral' opinions?)

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Any (honest) comments on that SPH? (Bearing in mind that Bombastic were watching and may post thir 'neutral' opinions?)[/QUOTE]

The game was back and forth for the most part. SPH held the advantage in the 1st half I thought (one missed breakaway, one post, one goal) and YFC picked it up in the 2nd half. But our team knew that was coming - they were desperate - we needed to win or tie for promo. We made some defensive subs early in the 2nd and held the lead for the win. The ref missed calls throughout the game for both sides - but I did think the red to oggy was harsh.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Yeah, good luck to SPH next season, the ref made the game pretty much inconsecequencial. SPH must agree that YFC had the majority of both possession and territory but a goal is a goal albiet blatantly offside :)
The ref was appallling and 0-0 was a just result at best. Congrats to SPH for promotion but today they knew they got off with a very lucky result. Any (honest) comments on that SPH? (Bearing in mind that Bombastic were watching and may post thir 'neutral' opinions?)[/QUOTE]

I would agree that the field was the shits and took the skill component out of the game, thus resulting in a hard nosed game. The ref wasn't a factor, he pretty much let the 2 teams play and decide the game. Their were "non-calls" for the both of us. You pretty much knew that whoever scored first was going to win, b/c the field was so bad. Our goal came off of a 2 on 1 breakaway that was slotted into the net. We also hit the post once and missed a breakaway. As for YFC's chances, they had what appeared to be a partial open net after a deflection, but it went wide. Other than that they only had 1 shot on goal, that I can remember. I wouldn't say they dominated, they worked the ball around from the half and as soon as they tried taking our D on, they would lose it everytime. They had a couple of guys that liked to carry the ball, but didn't like to give a give and go, which made it easy for our D. YFC is a decent team that has improved from last year, but are about 2-3 quality players of making a run for promo. Good luck in finishing 2nd this year and good luck to you guys next year. And it was good talking to Oggy for a few minutes after the game. Can somebody from YFC comment on after the red was given, if you guys were contimplating of walking off the field?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
Can somebody from YFC comment on after the red was given, if you guys were contimplating of walking off the field?
I don't think anyone was seriously contemplating leaving the game, although the ref did effectively kill it off by giving me the red card with fifteen minutes left. I'm interested to see exactly what he will write on his report, since I hadn't received a caution before that. I thought our boys did very well even with ten men, but it was definitely a shitty way to end the game.
I think the ref was just way the hell out his league in that match, and I can't understand why the vmsl cannot do a better job of matching competent officials to top games. The guy who reffed the CAT game before us did an excellent job, so it's not as though the tool we had was the only one available. I hope that NK and Primos are a bit more fortunate in their match today.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Primos 2 NK 2

Did I read that right? Things have now gotten very, very interesting in 2B.
Well done NK!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unless it finishes a 3 way tie, which is impossible...I'll let Dap do the math, then the JB's cannot win the div if you go by head to head so this didn't benefit you that much Therapist. At least you have the cup to look forward to.

Hopefully the train derails further down the tracks and the Primo's go up. A handful of ex teammates on that team. Well done boys from your former keeps.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There will be a playoff game it the top two teams are tied, I believe. If the JB's win all their games they'll force a clash against Primos. If NK wins all their games then they take it outright, but if they win three and tie one then they will be tied with Primos and have a playoff. Or if both JB's and NK falter then Primos take it. As they say in France, its still up in the air, amigo!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see, thanks big brain. Whatever happened to head to head records?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, that's a cheesy way to settle things when you could have a playoff game, no?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

if we win 3 and tie 1, there should not be a play off game as NK should move on by "normal" soccer standars, I don't see how there should be a playoff game since we tied once and won vs the primos, it should be head to head or on goals, in which case we would move on.
PS: it wuz a pretty darn good game today

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did you make any spectacular/breathtaking/supernatural saves today?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That would work out well for you but trust me, it'll be a playoff if there's a tie.

No, I didn't make any saves today. Thanks for asking though.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Playoff game is the best way to settle it, in my opinion.

Now, as long as we don't shite the bed.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Caught the 2nd half which had most of the action. Primos have the PK saved by the post of a Parente kick. A few kicks later the ball is up the field, DLo I believe, cracks one from 22m in the center of the pitch. The ball comes back of the crossbar and then is picked up by another Primo who takes 2 touches before the finish. Primos instantly circle the wagons with 11 players behind centre but a lack of urgency by a defender on a long ball cost them when a NK player running his guts out, gets a toe to the ball and sends a curving, bouncing ball past a shocked keeper. NK then have a goal called back for an offside. They get the go ahead goal on a play that I missed. As if there was not enough drama, NK give up a penalty with 10 or so to go. The Primo taking the shot does the Cha-Cha-Cha on the run up to throw off FCBytca but this keep is a big fan of LaBamba and dives the right way but "el tiro es desmasiado caliente" and burns his fingers on the way to the back of the net. Some half chances followed for both sides but a content contigent of 7 JimBeamers hurrahed the final whistle and the 2-2 scoreline.

Attachments

• Primo-Nk2006.jpg
    Primo-Nk2006.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 109

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCbytca said:
there should not be a play off game as NK should move on by "normal" soccer standars
What about defaulted games affecting goal totals? If you lose out because of a 1-0D result how would you feel then?
A playoff is, when considering all of the other possible solutions, is the best. Why would you not want to have the 2 best teams in a group go tete a tete for the title? You were wearing yellow today...but I got more faith in ya than that cause I have played between the pipes. It can be a thankless position.

Attachments

• Primo-Nk2006a.jpg
    Primo-Nk2006a.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Primo-Nk2006b.jpg
    Primo-Nk2006b.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 102

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Was there a fcuking sleep-over at this game?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

perhaps you are right on the goals situation, I forgot to realize it only happens in vmsl that teams default, but in any profesional league, if we ended up w/ Primos on top, we would have been first...if not on the goals, than on the games vs each other as i mensioned, anyways, this is all small talk as there is still a lot of good soccer left in this season.....I think its fair to say that JBs and NK have their destiny in their hands

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for the post Bonefish. So what was the story today ? I could not attend this monumental match up due to a really long round on the links. Could anyone else involved, except FCBytca who is incapable of doing so, please offer their "unbiased" opinions ? I hope that Keeper, or a reasonable facsimile, can post some photos. I agree that it is much more desirable to settle the division winner issue on the pitch. The 1-0 default result only serves to taint things. The Knights spent the first half of the year struggling to field an eleven man lineup in order to avoid the dreaded default result. This despite having way too many guys registered as it is. I would rather play with the minimum and suffer a stomping than default. It is a shame that other squads do not feel the same. It would seem that Primos will be at a disadvantage by having finished their schedule so soon should it come down to a playoff. Of course they still have that keeper who seems to keep them in games that, perhaps, they should not be in. Looking forward to a dramatic finish in the very competetive 2B. There could be a spoiler match up or two if the leaders are not careful. May the best squad earn their promotion.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, Bonefish, the gallery is for everyone. Even you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0