Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Nov/Dec, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of David Lam...played there yesterday and it is unplayable. Beyond the safety issue you can not even control a pass or even try to string 2-3 passes together. Makes for a joke of a game. Our ref told us he fills in a report after every game played there to let the league know it's unplayable. Nothing happens. Pity the teams calling it their home field...

You pity us? Is that why you gave up the 3 points? :)

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: We would spank Shaheen!

We took them to school in the preseason with like 9 guys and no goalie!Im standing by my predictions of either us or NKH winning the cup!Have fun trying to prove me wrong!

Why don't you just skip Div 1 and go straight to premier?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 0 - 4/5 UBC. Nice but cool night for a game of soccer. UBC, still in the hunt for first place and still upset with the 2points we stole from them earlier came out flying and were rewarded with a quick first goal that really shouldn't have happened. The next 40min saw UBC with most of the dangerous possession and chances but a strong performance from the Norvan keeper kept the score as is and just before half, Norvan were so unlucky not to tie the game. 2nd half began and UBC made some adjustments and Norvan made some poor positional changes and the field started to tilt much more in UBC's favor. The legs on Norvan began tiring(Bonefish played his first bit of soccer outside of keeper since Sept 20th) and the fitness disparity played itself out with several 2nd half goals. Had we been able to avoid the early goal or equalize on some good opportunities in the first half we may have been able to hang onto a tie but UBC is a good team, much better than last year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys stay where you are and injoy it. Premier will be cut down by two more clubs. You will have to have a power house to move up. Just look at East Indian community. They bring teams up and go right down. IT would take all of them together plus two or three high caleber player outside of their community to stay up. Div one or div two is good enough soccer for guys that will not or do not have a drive to go to higher levels.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weren't Temple the runners-up in the Imperial cup last year???

I could be wrong but I thought it was Indo. Temple was relegated to div. 2.[/QUOTE]

The Temple team we have in Div 2 is much different then the one that played in Div 1 last year.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weren't Temple the runners-up in the Imperial cup last year???

I could be wrong but I thought it was Indo. Temple was relegated to div. 2.[/quote]

It was Indo/Temple and that team only had 2 players from Indo and essentially were all Temple players. The team that got relegated to Div 2 last year was not Temple and only played under that banner/tream name for one year.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 2 Indo players and mostly Temple guys??

I caught one game last year and saw Kilo, Drew, Smiley, Jazzy, Karm, Shoker, and Bolina all playing while the Indo brass were behind the bench with the coach. :confused: While it's true there were quite a few ST players on Indo FC, you shouldn't diminish the contribution of other clubs.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You pity us? Is that why you gave up the 3 points? :)

Nice. Nope, you deserved the points as our attack disappeared in the second half. A 1-1 tie was about right as that foul call on your second goal was phantom...ref knew it too.

Regardless, two mucker div 2 teams playing on David Lam makes for a joke of a game.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 2 Indo players and mostly Temple guys??

I caught one game last year and saw Kilo, Drew, Smiley, Jazzy, Karm, Shoker, and Bolina all playing while the Indo brass were behind the bench with the coach. :confused: While it's true there were quite a few ST players on Indo FC, you shouldn't diminish the contribution of other clubs.

You must have caught a game very very early in the season and I am not diminishing Indo's contribution. My appologies as Kilo, Drew, Karm, and Bolina were all there thoughout the season, but only Kilo and Drew played significant time. After that it, it was majority of Temple players on the pitch and sideline.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must have caught a game very very early in the season and I am not diminishing Indo's contribution. My appologies as Kilo, Drew, Karm, and Bolina were all there thoughout the season, but only Kilo and Drew played significant time. After that it, it was majority of Temple players on the pitch and sideline.

Explains the dismal record and relegation :eek::p

Back to Div.2,

How different is NK Hrvat from the team that was promoted a couple years back?

McDirty, Mr. Base?

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations, so you've proven you're a good div. 1 team but not at the premier level (proof being 2 relegations in 2 years).

Your team's collective mindset needs to change. Playing premier shouldn't be an end unto itself. Winning trophies is the primary goal of all good Premier teams - not simply avoiding relegation.

And I think you mean ICSTFC Pegasus will be in Premier next year. Not Sikh Temple. Sikh Temple (B Side:rolleyes:) is a team in Div. 2. Once again, you're diminishing the contributions of other clubs in your hellbent quest to play Premier, i.e. Peg FC - 2004 National Champions.

99 Imperial Cup Champ :rolleyes:

Round and round we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0