Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
If a ref is assaulted no less than 3 times and the police have to get called in after several attempts at calming the situation down, two things must occur: (1) the team must be immediately removed from the league, and (2) every player must be suspended for at least one full season (obviously more, if they can find out who the perpetrators are -- hopefully one of the teammates will do the right thing and turn him/them in).

Brutal.

Why should i be suspended for the acts of some one else?

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
wow - plain and simple.

sph - played on friday night and sofaking basically summed it up correctly. i think we are seeing cracks in some teams due to the lack of games being played the past few weeks - nevertheless - every team is in the same boat.

as for the kosova game - oggy - well done!

however more importantly - there is NO justification on what the kosovo team did to the ref. this team is a bunch of loose cannon's - the league should come down hard on them - and a 5 game suspension for one player is NOT enough. we all get on the refs on a regular basis but these guys allow us all to play in these leagues - no matter what they do one side is not going to be happy. but going after a 60 year old ref - come on now - that is gutless.

2 losses for kosovo and two major incidents involving the ref - these guys ought to grow the fcuk up - take a look in the mirror rather than blame everyone else. just brutal.

Nobody is blaming any one else you damn fukc.And not all of us are the way you picturing us in your empty head

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Fcuking disgraceful indeed. Why didn't the Kosovo players stop the lunatic from running off the bench? Surely enough of them knew it was wrong what he was doing? Anyway, NO ref deserves that kind of treatment, let alone a 60 year-old......:mad:

I tried man i tried to stop him.It's feels awful when you are just going to a soccer game and have fun and it turns out like that.I have no words.....

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
Nobody is blaming any one else you damn fukc.And not all of us are the way you picturing us in your empty head

Fact is that your team went nuts cause you felt the game was being lost on a couple of missed calls from the ref. If your team wasn't blaming anyone then why not just let it go and try to come back from 2-0 rather than get in the refs face/grab him by the throat/punch him/not let him get to his car.

If there are a few guys that are out of control from your side then it should be your teams responsibility to keep them in check - not let the guy get like the incredible hulk and go crazy.

I agree that not everyone should be penalized but your team should have done everything it could to stop this from happening - you had problems with the first game against YFC and some comments were made to the ref that time as well - that should have been stopped right there.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
Hey dummy i am just reading through and Erion is nr 9 not the one that kicked your defender you dum

Nice reply. Justifies everything that happened :rolleyes: . When is the league gonna wake up and kick these idiots out?! How are Erion and his 'comrades' gonna explain this. All broken English aside, eurotrash IS eurotrash, and this is another prime example. At least us 'cricket boys' know when to draw the line. Uh-oh, is that comment gonna spark 2 pages of useless diatribe?! Look it up, stiff. Shoving a ref, then grabbing him by the throat, and then assaulting him when he leaves for his car?! Are you fckuing kidding me?! What's next, finding out where he lives and waiting for him to get home. THIS IS DIVISION 2 SOCCER! NOBODY IS PAYING YOU (I HOPE) TO PLAY! SO FCUKING RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!
So Erion, tell 'cousin-Larry' to take it easy next-time, or else you guys are back to playing 'friendly' games at your semi-annual picnics.
Anyways, enough is enough and it's time for a change (anyone else have an Owen Hart flashabck?!). I know Figo76 did!

The league should make a statement here, set a precedent and make teams realize that assaulting a ref is gonna result in some serious disciplinary action.

TS

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
The ref was pretty good of course he was for you.Listen dummy i am the captian of Kosovo and feel terrible for what happened because it's very ridiculous but the ref did mess it up before all hell broke loose.In the second half when was still 1-0 and there was a scramble in front of your goal i shot with your goalie being out and your defender keept it out with his hand.The ref did see that and he did not award a PK and automatic red card because it was intentional to keep the ball out of the net.And when the second goal was scored the guy carried the ball with his hand and every 1 was shocked with the way he was calling the game.
I wasn't close enough to see our player handle the ball on the line, but I did see that play start with your right winger trapping the ball with his hand. Naturally, the calls that go against our own team are the ones we'll remember, like when I was hacked down in the box early in the first half. It's hard for me to judge since I was playing, but I have seen you guys play other matches where the referees were definitely biased against you, so you might well feel hard done by.
I hope the league just punishes the guys who got out of hand but lets your team keep playing, since you guys play well and hard, and there weren't really any problems between the two teams, just between your guys and the ref. You definitely have to do better to control the sidelines, though, since that is where the trouble usually seems to start and get fired up, with a couple supporters also trying to attack the ref.
As for the first red card, I put a ? by your name in my writeup since I wasn't sure it was you since I don't know what you look like, someone just shouted your name right after the play. I was at the other end of the pitch and couldn't be sure, so sorry about that.
Good luck with the league's High Command on Thursday night... :(

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Nice reply. Justifies everything that happened :rolleyes: . When is the league gonna wake up and kick these idiots out?! How are Erion and his 'comrades' gonna explain this. All broken English aside, eurotrash IS eurotrash, and this is another prime example. At least us 'cricket boys' know when to draw the line. Uh-oh, is that comment gonna spark 2 pages of useless diatribe?! Look it up, stiff. Shoving a ref, then grabbing him by the throat, and then assaulting him when he leaves for his car?! Are you fckuing kidding me?! What's next, finding out where he lives and waiting for him to get home. THIS IS DIVISION 2 SOCCER! NOBODY IS PAYING YOU (I HOPE) TO PLAY! SO FCUKING RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!
So Erion, tell 'cousin-Larry' to take it easy next-time, or else you guys are back to playing 'friendly' games at your semi-annual picnics.
Anyways, enough is enough and it's time for a change (anyone else have an Owen Hart flashabck?!). I know Figo76 did!

The league should make a statement here, set a precedent and make teams realize that assaulting a ref is gonna result in some serious disciplinary action.

TS

Ok what to fukc am i not telling you my side of the story.How the fukc can i be responsible for some lunatic's actions ....broken not broken english i am trying to explain something

millionaire

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
Why should i be suspended for the acts of some one else?

Didn't you say you were the captain of your team?

Wasn't the current passport photos on player ids and requiring driver licence numbers for registration put in place after previous ref harassment incidents? These guys get paid fcuk all and most ref because they love the game. No one deserves to get assaulted for some missed calls in Division 2. As seriously as everyone takes it, it is still sunday beer league soccer.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I wasn't close enough to see our player handle the ball on the line, but I did see that play start with your right winger trapping the ball with his hand. Naturally, the calls that go against our own team are the ones we'll remember, like when I was hacked down in the box early in the first half. It's hard for me to judge since I was playing, but I have seen you guys play other matches where the referees were definitely biased against you, so you might well feel hard done by.
I hope the league just punishes the guys who got out of hand but lets your team keep playing, since you guys play well and hard, and there weren't really any problems between the two teams, just between your guys and the ref. You definitely have to do better to control the sidelines, though, since that is where the trouble usually seems to start and get fired up, with a couple supporters also trying to attack the ref.
As for the first red card, I put a ? by your name in my writeup since I wasn't sure it was you since I don't know what you look like, someone just shouted your name right after the play. I was at the other end of the pitch and couldn't be sure, so sorry about that.
Good luck with the league's High Command on Thursday night... :(

I highly doubt they will let Kosovo play but hey we do deserve to get kicked out.I mean there is no escuse to do things like that.I'ts my first year with the team i wanted (want) the team to do well.But in the end it comes down to everybody not just 3 or 4 guys

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
millionaire said:
Didn't you say you were the captain of your team?

Wasn't the current passport photos on player ids and requiring driver licence numbers for registration put in place after previous ref harassment incidents? These guys get paid fcuk all and most ref because they love the game. No one deserves to get assaulted for some missed calls in Division 2. As seriously as everyone takes it, it is still sunday beer league soccer.

I agree with you but i can not stop ppl from coming to our games

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
The other players had already restrained him and quite a few minutes had passed, so I guess they must have thought he had chilled out, but then out of the blue he bolted free of them and cut the ref off as he was going to his car. The ref was good at ducking punches for his age, though. Is that part of the referee training course here? :confused:

No, we were taught if someone swings at you, you quickly duck and follow with a swift kick to the balls.

millionaire

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real MacDonald 0 - PCOV 1

Finally getting our defence sorted. It's about time for some goals. Field is a mess. The girls teams that play there all weekend have moved the sidelines in about 3 yards on both sides. Still can't throw the ball to the other side of the 18 like Jay-Jay.
In contrast to other game today, we had one of better refs we've had all year.
We must be starting to worry some of the other teams. Bombastic and Yaletown both sent scouts to our game versus the Hurricanes. ;)

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Fact is that your team went nuts cause you felt the game was being lost on a couple of missed calls from the ref. If your team wasn't blaming anyone then why not just let it go and try to come back from 2-0 rather than get in the refs face/grab him by the throat/punch him/not let him get to his car.

If there are a few guys that are out of control from your side then it should be your teams responsibility to keep them in check - not let the guy get like the incredible hulk and go crazy.

I agree that not everyone should be penalized but your team should have done everything it could to stop this from happening - you had problems with the first game against YFC and some comments were made to the ref that time as well - that should have been stopped right there.

I undestand that but how can you keep the fans in check it's impossible.Look i have no words for this but i have this to say...I DON'T WANT TO BE SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF SOME ONE ELSES ACTIONS AND ALSO I LOVE FOOTBALL (SOCCER) AND I WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE GAME

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
I agree with you but i can not stop ppl from coming to our games
I do feel for Erion on this one, since most of the shite that goes down does originate with the entourage on the sidelines, rather than on the pitch. It's nice to have supporters, but what the hell do you do when your supporters go overboard and incite themselves and the team to this kind of madness. It's also difficult for the referee since these people aren't directly affiliated with the team like a player or manager, so they are very hard to deal with.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
millionaire said:
Real MacDonald 0 - PCOV 1

Finally getting our defence sorted. It's about time for some goals. Field is a mess. The girls teams that play there all weekend have moved the sidelines in about 3 yards on both sides. Still can't throw the ball to the other side of the 18 like Jay-Jay.
In contrast to other game today, we had one of better refs we've had all year.
We must be starting to worry some of the other teams. Bombastic and Yaletown both sent scouts to our game versus the Hurricanes. ;)
You guys have been looking much better than last year; now it's time to get that first notch in the win column. The Bombastic lads turned out because they were supposed to play Punjab the following week, and I was there because I live three blocks away and was too hungover to do anything else :D

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I hope the league just punishes the guys who got out of hand but lets your team keep playing, since you guys play well and hard, and there weren't really any problems between the two teams, just between your guys and the ref. :(

From reading both of your accounts of what happened, and from pIaying against Kosova already this season, I would agree with this sentiment. The guy that assaulted the ref wasn't a team member right? Pretty hard on the players to shut down the season because of a nutcase on the sideline.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear about your game, Erion.

I noticed the Nomads beat the Green Devils 4-1. Anything to report on this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0