Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Sorry to hear about your game, Erion.

I noticed the Nomads beat the Green Devils 4-1. Anything to report on this game?

I guess if they do kick us out Erion will look for a team soon.....but who the hell wants an albanian in their team ...Who i say?Then again they might suspend me from any soccer activity

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
The guy that assaulted the ref wasn't a team member right?
Unfortunately, the worst offender was on the team. He came off the bench and took his shirt off, but seems to have forgotten the big #15 on his shorts, so identifying him shouldn't be too difficult.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Unfortunately, the worst offender was on the team. He came off the bench and took his shirt off, but seems to have forgotten the big #15 on his shorts, so identifying him shouldn't be too difficult.

Well that is unfortunate all around then.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
I guess if they do kick us out Erion will look for a team soon.....but who the hell wants an albanian in their team ...Who i say? The answer is... nobody

This is from the VMSL's notice dated Nov.2005:

4) Fans’, Officials’, and Players’ misbehaviour: It is the responsibility of the teams’ management to control their players and spectators. Often, however, it is the behaviour of the coach and/or manager that sets the tone for all others. Coaches and managers are, among other things, role models for their players and fans. If they behave negatively, rest assured that the players and fans will follow suit. Belligerent and abusive behaviour towards referees and other officials will not be tolerated whether the referee is officiating a game or whether he or she is a spectator at a game. Furthermore, VMSL players attending matches not involving their teams are also expected to behave in a gentlemanly fashion. Also, the drinking of alcoholic beverages on the sidelines is strictly prohibited. We all know that alcohol consumption plays a very important part in a person’s behaviour. We will continue to fine teams and suspend players for this type of misbehaviour.

Kosova has a track record in being pricks, in terms of following "common sense." Yes, we all get riled up when certain calls are made, but we don't try beating on a 60 year old man. This isn't the first time that Kosova has acted like a buch of cowards. A team is represented by its players, coaches, managers, and supporters. Look at Inter, they got raped in the Champions because of their supporters. And this isn't the first time that Kosova has done this, nor the last. The only reason the league should keep these "children" in is if they want to keep them as a "cash-cow" to collect money off of performance bonds and fines. Stop replying every 5 minutes star of Perfect Strangers.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
My guess is the league will deal with this in a very harsh manor..................good.

I guess the 2 factors are if the VMSL has kept a record of their previous dealings and the ref's report. The very least they should get is a major increase in their performance bond, points deducted, a fine, having retards banned, semi-retards severly suspended, and major retards given restarining orders to keep away 500 yards from any given soccer field. Or just kick them out and make them all cast in the remake of Perfect Strangers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion,

I don't know you, and by the comments of others, I can only assume that you are indeed a kind and pleasant fellow, but let me answer your earlier question:

I knew the argument of fairness would come up. Why should one member of team be punished for the actions of another? Well, unfortunately, life is not always fair. The fact of the matter is that your team -- with you as the captain -- has had a history of bad behaviour on the field. If you can't control your teammates/fans/etc. either leave the team or suffer the consequences.

It's called "guilty by association" and -- rightly or wrongly -- it happens all the time. Get used to it.

Furthermore, a punishment to innocent players may persuade them to create teams and sign players that can behave accordingly. Perhaps in the future you won't be a captain to a bunch of half-witted goons.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I certainly hope that things can get straightened out without Kosova being kicked out, not just for Erion's sake. It would probably mean that all their games with other teams would be annulled, so the six teams that lost to them would be laughing, and Yaletown would be docked six very hard-earned points.
That would not be cool.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
I guess if they do kick us out Erion will look for a team soon.....but who the hell wants an albanian in their team ...Who i say?Then again they might suspend me from any soccer activity

Albanian ,Australian,Austrian Euro Trash.....we will take Ya. We don't need another Captain though. Maybe we can use you as a hitman if we hate the Ref. , which happens quite a bit.
On a more serious note though. I did some shitty things, and said some nasty stuff to opposing players and Refs. alike, but even I have to draw the line at assault. I hope they kick the lot of you out of the league. We are fortunate to be living in a free,peace loving society, and hitting old men on soccer fields is not the Canadian or Australian way to solve disputes.
By the way we beat the Poles 3:1

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crazy, crazy shite.

Erion is obviously genuinely remorseful. Cut him some slack. He's not responsible. Only insofar as he should discourage violence, but doesn't that go without saying? These people know what NOT to do and have a good idea of what the consequences are. Yet that doesn't stop them. So what will...?

As for "Eurotrash", anyone who uses it should provide their ethnicity and be subject to a list of stereotypes. Thanks.

And yea, I'd also like to know what happened in the Nomads/GD game.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are a decent guy Erion, and this is very unfortunate for you and your more well adjusted teammates, but Keeper is right.

Suspend as many of the players that can be identified as the perpetrators for at least the rest of the season, if not forever, and if the team can finish out the season without another incident, fine, but one more problem and the team should be banned, even if the season is not complete. I know this would fcuk the Yalers but one must draw the line somewhere.

There is simply no room for this kind of behaviour...ever

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
C-men 1 SPH 3

I have to give credit to the C-Men. They are different team from the first time that we played them. They have added some decent players that can carry the ball well, especially the guy up front. We should have scored more goals, but it seems the lack of games in recent weeks has certainly affected our finishing and overall consistency in play.

I wouldn't be surprised if this C-Men side starts taking points off some of the top teams in 2C.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men 1 SPH 3 (nice prediction, Dap- did you ask Georgie's Best for that one?)..........
the 5th back said:
the 5th back said:
. Honestly, I thought it was a fun game-trying to track their speedy forwards was a challenge, especially on turf. They'll be a handful for any div. 2 defence. Hate losing though. We had too many giveaways and have some issues as far as style of play, tactics that need to be dealt with.
Hey hey....my predictions have been pretty good this year:) I love your "Hate losing" comment though. If this is the case then you will be more angry than Angryman by mid season....OH it is mid season.....a few more angry losses for you to come 5th

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the league will handle the Kosovo situation in either one of two ways:

1. The team will be kicked out of the league. (This will be unfortunate as there won't be much competiton left in 2C for SPH)

2. The team will have to pay a performance bond and certain players will banned for many years (that's guaranteed).

I feel bad for Erion as he seems to be stuck in a shitty position with all this stuff happening. But talking from experience (with a different team) if you can't control your sidelines you have to pay the price. And it's shitty for decent players that just want to play the game, when something like this happens.

At the end of the day you have take responsibility for the actions of team members and supporters. Kosovo have put themselves in this situation by allowing certain idiots to play on their team and by inviting supporters (or ex-cons) to their games. If you have people like this on your team you have to learn to simply keep them on a leash.

It's all about being SENSIBLE.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised nothing like this has happened to Sarajevo and their traveling band of first class A Holes. EASILY the worst team to play against and their sideline is classless.

5 for 5

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
This will be unfortunate as there won't be much competiton left in 2C for SPH
Frankly, Kosova's fate doesn't have much bearing on SPH's season. They were in second place because the way the schedule worked out so far they were only playing the bottom 5 teams and winning. They had three games against teams from the top half, and while they beat Bombastic, they dropped both games to us. Having played both, SPH is definitely the better side by far, and I don't see anyone catching them unless they self-destruct to an unimaginable degree. I still think YFC could have given you guys a run for the money, but as a new team, we don't have the consistency that you do, and we shat the bed against PCOV and Bombastic, so we're pretty much out of contention for first. If we can keep the team together, we should have a strong base to build on next year, and perhaps even have a decent cup run in the spring.
I'm quite happy playing for second, though, since it takes the pressure off a bit, and the LAST thing I want to do is get promoted.

On to the C-Men (is the loud-mouthed striker back yet? ;) )

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW...that is pretty much all I can say about what I'm reading.

First thing. Erion from what I personally know of you over the years you certainly are not represented fairly by the behaviour of your club and supporters this past weekend. I'd play along side you any day myself.

Secondly regarding how the league handles the issue. I'm not in the beleif your entire team should be removed form the league. This is what I do think should happen
1) The guy that pushed the referee. Gone for the season. You don't touch the ref. Yelling and so on is one thing but you don't touch a ref in an agressive manner.

2) The Choker and the guy who clocked the ref (same guy from what I'm reading); if he is a player..never plays agian in any organized league. If he is a fan........the team turns him in to police or identifies etc plus they are responsible for keeping him away from matches.

3) The team is docked 6pts in the league for the incident.

4) The team is on probation for the season.

5) This is also all subject to the Referees agreeing to ref Kosova Games........The reason I say this is two fold. One I have witnessed a few kosova games and really their side line behaviour is appauling. Peter....good on you for acknowledging your behaviour.....but these guys make Peter look like a pussy cat. They are way over the top and I'm not entirely surprised to read about the incident really. Secondly.....the refs really should be able to say they will not ref Kosova games if they feel their lives or safety is at risk. SORRY KOSOVA BUT AS A TEAM THIS IS GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION AS STATED EARLIER.

NOW THIS IS FOR ALL THE BANTER> This is take the piss and comments need to be taken with a grain of salt while keepign the humour and letting comments bounce off but we don't don't need to add fule to the fire by stereo typing every Eastern European and Kosova player for being like the few idiots so be real.......and trust me I'm as guilty as anyone for thinking it but lets try not to act like the wankers that coused the whole problem.

The other thing I can't believe is seeing anyone discussing the hand balls and other incidents in defense of what occured. Crap the ref could have made any mistake in the book and it is completely irrelevant other than to set the scene.

Anyway free speach and I'm not trying to preach. I just want to get my two bits in.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
This will be unfortunate as there won't be much competiton left in 2C for SPH)

1-0 against Real and 3-1 against C-Men tells us that each game is important and nothing is going to be easy in terms of competition.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Peter....good on you for acknowledging your behaviour.....but these guys make Peter look like a pussy

So, you think I look like a pussy....Not sure where you are hanging out these days, but all the pussy I have seen in my life looks way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0