Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
given the typical state of strathcona as pitch anyone is happy to get away with three points there, that pitch is sheit and should be bulldozed. any word on the green devils richmond game??

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From streaking midfielder is it by any chance the fastest white guy I've seen around here Phil?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it was Joe with the goal, but you're right about Phil's speed - crazy.

Figo76

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 0 Snot Devils 5

Unfortunate for us we had 7 players show up to play due to wedding and players leaving town for the weekend. It would probably have looked better if we defaulted. Anyways that won't be the case next week and hopefully produce our second win.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MacDonald 0-1 Punjab
Pretty shocking result. Punjab showed up with only one substitute and not much drive. MacDonald came out swinging and played by far the best game I've seen them play. The pitch was a complete disaster, which hurt Punjab more than MacDonald, and MacDonald were unlucky not to go ahead when their striker one-timed a shot past the post with acres of space and no defender around. The deciding goal was kind of a weak bobble on the part of the MacDonald player who drew the short straw and had to don the gloves this week, and pretty anticlimactic. Punjab certainly dominated, but they were unable to get close to the MacDonald goal, instead relying on the hope that the inexperienced keeper would let another one slip through his grasp.
This game certainly didn't look like the top team vs. the bottom, and I think Punjab were playing a dangerous game by taking MacDonald too lightly. They've added a couple of players, and while they certainly aren't contenders, they might be able to pull off a few more shock draws against teams that underestimate them. I predict they get their first win before the season is out.
I was fortunate enough to hear a fairly humorous exchange on the MacDonald sideline, though. One of the MacDonald players arrived at the field with 15 minutes left and asked what the score was. The coach replied: "it's 32-0, and one of their strikers has scored nine goals by himself." The player just kind of said "oh." and didn't seem at all surprised.
I think the days of 15-0 losses to Alemania are probably over, but they definitely need to sort out their goalkeeping situation, since it usually makes the scorelines far more unbalanced than the gameplay actually is. For example, they lost their first game 5-0 to Sandzak, but Sandzak only had five chances.
It seems like the ideal team for an aspiring goalkeeper; where on earth could you get more practice?

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
MacDonald 0-1 Punjab
Pretty shocking result. Punjab showed up with only one substitute and not much drive.

This game certainly didn't look like the top team vs. the bottom, and I think Punjab were playing a dangerous game by taking MacDonald too lightly.

Well said Oggy - I don't think it was SPH taking MacDonald too lightly - our team is up for every game regardless of the opponent but it came more down to a couple of players who had committed to playing the game not showing up. It put our team in a tough position but the guys who were there battled hard today. That field was absolutely brutal (for both teams) but we created chances - just didn't have the finish today.

Bottom line - another 3 points and the win.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B: Westside knights 2-1 over Unicorns. Knights finally have the sense to start a game with a half assed lineup and take it to the unicorns. Typical 2nd division finishing,or lack thereof, allowed Unicorns to stay in the game. Knights allow a softie free kick from outside the box and nearly let the unicorns back in it with a gift turnover outside the box minutes later.Good save by #2, keeper's bro. It might have been his only real save of the match, although he did well looking after the back end. Questionable substitutions at the half and a phantom offside (by John the czech ref...) call way after a goal was scored resulted in a scoreline much closer than was necessary. Knights might be finally getting their act together (read 60 minutes of not unattractive ball...) in time to play catch up with the rest of 2nds toughest bracket. Next week's M.o.t.w tussle in North Van should be a real indicator for both teams. Now about that refereeing...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Yaletown 0-1 Bombastic
Full credit to Bombastic for the win. They definitely looked much better than the side I watched lose to Kosova, especially at the back. Their keeper was definitely the man of the match, and I still can't believe a couple of the balls he kept out.

..........I don't think the ref left the center circle once, resulting in some absolutely shocking calls. I'm sure they went both ways, but the ones that went against me naturally stick in my mind.
It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top in the battle for runner-up behind Punjab...
Oggy, I would have to say that it was a pretty even 2nd half and your boys did have there chances but Mike was ready to play.

As for the refereeing I mentioned to yoru Coach at the begining of the game that it was a disgrace they would assign Ed the one legged donkey to your game. We played right before your game and had an excellent ref...asside from the poor calls he made;) and they easily could have reversed the assignments. My point is the league should look at the weekend match ups sometimes and assign accordingly. Your game was an important game to both sides and it would have been unfortunate to see a poor call effect the outcome. In this case it didn't happen but it could have. I think this is a good point for us to make to the league.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeam 3 Nomads 2

A closer game than it need to be but it was an entertaining affair that saw the winning goal come with just a couple of minutes remaining. Nomads took the lead on a counterattack made possible by yours truly after a missed opportunity on their goal(the second of such). The Nomads rely on long balls to "Charlie" who despite his odd gait is deceptively fast and possesses good skill. The goal scoring opportunities were definitively in our favor but we did not have much to show for it at halftime. We came out with good determination and kept pressing the Nomads and were rewarded with a tying goal. The Nomads found "Charlie" soon after, however, and he was able to catch our keeper in no mans land and chipped the ball into the twine. We kept our heads however and tyed the score with about 15mins left on a beauty curving shot from the top of the 18 that the keeper touched with the tips of his fingers. The winning goal came with 2mins left on a cross that was resoundingly headed in. A good victory, with nicely taken goals but had our(my) finishing been better, the path to the 3points would have been much easier.

Nomads worked hard for much of the match but were lacking near the end and did not have enough dimensional play to their game to keep us from executing our offense. Knights match on the turf next Monday should be a cracker.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
"or is it 2 in the morning and I am sitting in a Datacenter swapping out a Brocade Switch?

What's a brocade? Is it like an arcade where the brothers hang out?

bonefish said:
Nomads worked hard for much of the match but were lacking near the end and did not have enough dimensional play

What the fcuk, not enough dimensional play? What do you expect, Dr. fcuking Who to pop in from a parallel universe and lash a couple in for the Nomads?

bonefish said:
Knights match on the turf next Monday should be a cracker

Hey, watch the racial comments or I'll have to moderate your, er, ass. Don't like the way that sounds. Maybe I'll get Texas Tattleteller to do it as he seems to have a thing for the bigger lads.

Kudos to the four gents who correctly predicted the outcome of the Bombastic-Yaletown tilt:Angryman, Dr. J, Georgie's Best (soon to be Georgie's Dead according to the news) and Mickster. Rikashay and Sofakinggood tried to cheat their way into the clairvoyant club by voting after the game was over. Nice try but now you're karmically fcuked! Oh well, better than being one of the eight who had absolutely no idea on the result. No worries about one of them being selected by the cops to help with some unsolved mysteries, that's for certain. Christ, their girlfriends could probably go to Brazil on holiday, come back and give berth to a Ronaldinho look-alike and still not put two and two together. Sound familiar Watcher?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,
Brocade=FibreChannel Switch used in Storage Area Networks...Got home at 6 in bed at 7 up at 10:30(Work again)

As for dimensions, I was thinking if they had a not so young, not so golden locked, hothead like yourself to spur them on, that would be one....

Speaking of crackers, watch your step tonight as there will be lots of the fire-variety and you wouldnt want to put yourself in jeopardy. I am not ready to do full battle with Texas Tea Totaller as my bones are still healing...

Go easy on the Mick he may, in the next couple of hours, grappling with the Brazil trip-My what a nice tan he has, question....

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Rikashay and Sofakinggood tried to cheat their way into the clairvoyant club by voting after the game was over. Nice try but now you're karmically fcuked! Oh well, better than being one of the eight who had absolutely no idea on the result. QUOTE]

Yes I went back to the future and made a "late" prediction. I had no idead who won, and took a stab at it. Besides, who keeps a poll open when the results are in? :confused:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Besides, who keeps a poll open when the results are in? :confused:

Is this a trick question? I think the answer is...me?! These poll things are tricky you know. Unlike girls pole-dancing at the strip bar which is just plain awesome.

The month is about to end, once you've done your trick-or-treating go here for November's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0