Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
Cliff Avenue Cobras vs Rangers FC 'A' - Cobras will be in tough against the Rangers if they have not made any substantial pickups over the summer. Prediction: Rangers fashion themselves some snakeskin boots and do the T town stomp on C.A.C
Yaletown FC vs C-Lects - The ole Firefighters were looking for players the week before. Yaletown is not Bosna and should take all 3pts
Bosna SC vs UBC Metropolitan - UBC is a young side but they can run all day. I expect that Bosna will be in trouble from the opening whistle.
PCOV "A" vs NK Hrvat - MOTW - The train is back but it has been oh so quiet from the NK Camp. PCOV had an up and down season last year but finished the year well. They should have the talent to match up NK and who knows what impact the up a div and down a div has had on the Hrvat warriors???
Norvan JB's vs Aryana FC - Norvan is still working out the new roster and despite last weeks loss, are confident coming into Monday's game. Aryana's previous 2 seasons were polar opposities as far a goal production. Have they refound that firepower from 2 years ago and resolved their defensive woes that have kept them in the bottom of the tables?

2B
West Van Royals vs Bombastic SC "A" - Bombastic were very good defensively last season and should be able to keep West Van at bay for the 3pts.
Douglas Park vs Shaheen FC "A" MOTW - Douglas Park did well last year but lost some key matchups. Shaheen just fell short of staying in Div 1. Even though this is the first game it can be considered a must win because of the promotion implications.
"B" United vs Point Grey RangersPGR did not impress themselves or Westvan. B United put some interesting results up in Summer leagues but have they solved their numbers issues once and for all?
Squamish FC vs Cleo's FC Hope Cleo's have the services of their sponsor for the lineups getting to Squamish. Squamish by 2.
Signmaster SC vs Kosova SC - Signmaster had some lapses last season but are facing a familar team who similarily has consistency issues. Prediction: 1-1 Tie

2C
GN Sporting Club vs East Van Socceroos - The Socceroos will be in tough but if they have kept some of their stronger players from last year have a chance to put a W up on the board.
PCOV Europa vs C-men Lions C-Men can take the points if they can stay out of the Referees black book. Europa look to be a team with size but will have trouble with the mobile Lions.
KLM Alemania vs Westside Knights - As with NK another TTP fan favorite, the Knights, have been silent. Hopefully it is but a dramtic pause and not an indication that the honey bee colony collapses have had any effect on their ability to produce the necessary apple crumble; A key to their onfield performances.
Meralomas SC vs Green Devils FC MOTW The much maligned Meralomas have returned to Div 2 after many years of confounding the first division with their ability to escape relegation. The GD's should prevail in what should be a tightly contested affair.
Unicorns FC vs Hellas FC - The Unicorns can string together wins but like most Div2 sides fight with consistency. I am not sure who Hella's is(Lobbans offshoot?) and don't know what to expect out of this match.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good summaries, B-fish.
All games seem to be ON this weekend, which I wouldn't have thought a week ago.
Huzzah!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hellas FC was Vancouver Olympics 'C' in 2CAT last year.

They should be evenly matched with the Unicorns and I predict both will finish mid-to-lower end of the 2C table this year.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the schedule shows the games as on but I have had a hard time believing it. Unless someone has surreptitiously cut the grass at Beaconsfield, the field is unplayable. Not only that, but we have city workers on the team and we won't be crossing any picket lines or playing on closed fields. Have I missed something? Is the strike over? Are the fields cut?

As far as NKH goes, the team itself is looking pretty sharpish. Up until about a month ago we had eleven players signed and no goalkeeper to speak of. Would have been no shortage of playing time. Things have changed though. We now have bodies, keepers and coaching. Not only that but I have a purple mohawk, Watcher has a drinking habit, Bellotti has voices in his head, FcBycta has Keeper's undying love and one of the lads has Gordon Campbell's hubcaps for sale in a pawn shop. Needless to say, we are ready to lay the funk down.

Who has retired or left the JB's Bonefish? Haven't heard from Mickster or Therapist, have they moved on to further their ice-dance career?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost Keeper(GMoney), Sweeper(Laner), Fullback(Therapist)the whole Center Mid(Senior,Creedence), Left Outside Mid(Ty), Forward(Bazzer) and Mickster played in 2 games last year and is probably lacing up the boots in the NCSL. We have some good pickups and a "real keeper" so despite the flux, things are not as bad as I thought they were going to be a month ago.

Rooney Sucks

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i would like to clear up a few things that i have been reading about Europa lately
first of all, yes we did play on 2 cat last year and yes we are a fairly young team, however as someone pointed out that we have nothing to do with anybody named Europa in the summer league. Now to further comment on synopsis offered by whoever it was that wrote about our game last week against the green devils, They are a very good team with lots of speed and lots of size, won almost every ball in the air and had a great team defence. However...I'm positive that if you ask any other person on that team besides whoever the comment before, they didn't out chance us by much and the referee was pure shite. in fact it was referee error that led to there third goal because he let a player back on the field after an injury when he was about 3 feet behind our defender that had the ball in the Green Devils end, needless to say he stole the ball ran down the field and scored. other then that his account of what happened was accurate i expect we will get better as time goes on since we are missing 4 or 5 players due to vacation and will be back by next game i think we might surprise some people even the Green Devils players themselves after the game came up and told us that we were tougher then they thought and we should do just fine in div 2. the green devils are a very classy team and show very good sportsmanship, i'm sure they'll be a force in div 2...best of luck

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to TTP Rooney Sucks and good luck. It's always good to have another team posting on here. Just remember not to be too nice though. This is Take The Piss after all.

As for the Westside Nighties, I heard some of their players were prohibited from internet time at the old folks home after they were caught conducting a panty raid in the (big word coming!) octogenarian wing. the Texas Tattletale was quoted in the paper as saying, "It was totally worth it. There's nothing I love more than smelling an 85-year old woman's soiled panties! Fcuk TTP, I am in heaven". No word on the length of the prohibition.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 feet behind our defender that had the ball in the Green Devils end, needless to say he stole the ball ran down the field and scored. other then that his account of what happened was accurate i expect we will get better as time goes on since we are missing 4 or 5 players due to vacation

Classic stuff, m8. Welcome to TTP.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
While letting the guy on the field in that particular position (5 feet from making a challenge on the ball) was a bad decision, what Rooneysucks fails to mention is that the goal was actually a 40 yard lob that the goalie flapped at. With talent like that, the only thing that the other teams will be surprised by is how easy it is to score. Shoot from anywhere lads!

See for yourselves.. http://greendevilsfc.com/Goals/2007-2008 Winter/1-3.wmv

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched that clip earlier in the week and I can understand the initial protest but the goal came after a relatively protracted possession by the GD's. Europa had time to come back and defend. And, as you said, the goal was a Lob, a Wish, and a Prayer.
Welcome to TTP Rooney Sucks.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, while I have to agree that was pretty poor on the keeper's part it was an unbelievable decision for the ref to wave the player on at that moment. Awful stuff by the ref.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a scottish accent - "Hey ref, what kinda fcukin show you runnin'?"

That is fcuking classic :D :D

Great vid, keep 'em coming!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, while I have to agree that was pretty poor on the keeper's part it was an unbelievable decision for the ref to wave the player on at that moment. Awful stuff by the ref.
Agreed. It's hard to tell from the video resolution how bad the keeper did, though. It was a long one, but Robbo has let in worse for England. Definitely an inopportune time to wave the player back on, but I assume the crazy sideline rant will ensure that he won't make that mistake again.

Rooney Sucks

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men 2 Europa 0... poor game on our part forwards did absolutely nothing one goal came off a pk (good decision) one in the last 5 minutes when all we were doing was attacking...i hate to sit here and whine about the referee's and its something i hate doing but theres ref's in div 2 cat that are better than this guy he lost complete control of the game when a C men player kicked our goalie in the face studs up and he did nothing about it he said "it was an accident so no foul or card." at that point the game turned very chippy and the ref was handing out yellows for no reason it seemed at times. one word of advice C-Men like going after ankles so make sure you protect them...and goalies should wear a mask

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG Rangers 4 - B United 0

Same old story with B United having 8 or 9 players for the game. If they managed to just once field a full squad, they may be a pretty good team as they have some guys who can play. We slotted one past them in the first 5 minutes, then sat back and shat the bed for the rest of the game, managing to slot 3 more past their keeper (who made some great saves to keep scoreline respectable). Definitely not a game where the intensity was there.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yalies 8-1 C-lects

The scoreline does not reflect the match. YFC was one goal up when the 11th player showed up for the C-lects, and it was a good, clean match. We certainly moved the ball around more efficiently, but C-lects played hard until the end and were able to create quite a few chances. Ultimately, everything seemed to find a corner of the net for us today, and the C-lects keeper can't really be faulted on any of the goals. 3-1 or 4-1 would have been a more representative scoreline. Shots and volleys from long distance and through traffic were finding holes and nicking the insides of posts. I only hope we didn't use up all of our good mojo for the season in this one game.

Full credit to C-lects for playing hard until the end in what must have been a frustrating match for them. Games can get a bit out of hand and disintegrate in these situations, but the C-lects focused on the football and pulled one back through a powerful headed corner. I expect a much closer contest in the replay.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men 2 Europa 0... poor game on our part forwards did absolutely nothing one goal came off a pk (good decision) one in the last 5 minutes when all we were doing was attacking...i hate to sit here and whine about the referee's and its something i hate doing but theres ref's in div 2 cat that are better than this guy he lost complete control of the game when a C men player kicked our goalie in the face studs up and he did nothing about it he said "it was an accident so no foul or card." at that point the game turned very chippy and the ref was handing out yellows for no reason it seemed at times. one word of advice C-Men like going after ankles so make sure you protect them...and goalies should wear a mask

No, we go for the ball. Just sometimes there's a foot in the way.:) I was quite a distance away from the incident with your keeper, but to me it looked like our player was trying to avoid him, and accidently clipped him when he was jumping out of the way. Your keeper went in awkwardly, anyways, and could have got hurt six different ways, or hurt our player. Unlucky that you've had bad reffing in your first two games, though.:rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D
i hate to sit here and whine about the referee's and its something i hate doing but theres ref's in div 2 cat that are better than this guy

We get the same refs,there aren't refs for CAT and then everyone else. You may feel that the referees you have had are not up to FIFA standards butt hat is what we get at he the lower divisions of recreational soccer. He saw it as an accident and then you said it got chippy. I doubt the C-men got chippy after a call seemingly went there way but i may be wrong. it would seem to make more sense that you thought it was a call that did not go your way and your team decided to take matters in your own hands. The C-men did not like it and started to retaliate and in the blink of an eye, you have a kickfest with 2 teams who don't really care what the ref is up to as they are both to inolved in taking pieces out of each other to listen to the ref. That leads to a yellow card dispensing Pez doll of a referee.

You guys need to learn to accept the fact that refs make mistakes and live with them. Refs will not always call the perfect game, if they did i highly doubt we would see them in Div 2.

I am not a referee, nor am i even playing in your Div 2 group. i am just making a comment that commom semse seems to dictate.

Good Luck the rest of the year and may you referee's always be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0