Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 - 0 PCOV

NK in their first game of the season showed they still had a lot of rust to shake off. We were missing our sweeper and best striker but still managed to hold off a determined PCOV. They had a couple of close chances that just missed the net. . . their best chance probably a header right into our keepers hands. FCbytca also made a couple of great saves off his defense. :eek:
NK could have had a couple of goals but the ball decided to hit the posts instead (twice). Our only goal came from a corner kick that went into the mixer and then into the net. I still have no idea how it went in. PCOV are unlucky not to have a tie.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 3 Alemania 2

Kensington was no help to either team yesterday as the grass was as long as Dapotato's long winded account of the knights offseason happenings. We only had 10 to start and did quite well as the field seemed to play into our more sluggish and slow moving style of play. Thought we might have got a couple more goals with a few better bounces but then again they should have probably had a couple more themselves. Good game both ways ref was half decent and the heiny's were splended as always. Should be noted that the 4 o'clock game after ours was canceled because the field was deemed unplayable with the long grass. On to whoever next week and good to see some of the same old names in the div2 thread .... cheers , the rattler

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
in fact it was referee error that led to there third goal because he let a player back on the field after an injury when he was about 3 feet behind our defender that had the ball in the Green Devils end, needless to say he stole the ball ran down the field and scored. other then that his account of what happened was accurate i expect we will get better as time goes on since we are missing 4 or 5 players due to vacation

Hahaha.... here's some more excuses that you can use for later posts after losses .....

Poor field conditions
Weather
Hostile fans calling you bad names
Playing on turf
Food poisoning
Sun in your eyes in the second half
Keeper's wife having a baby that week
Striker woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Although I agree it was criminal for the ref to allow that guy to return to the field at that point, certainly you guys had time to figure out the defense on that one..... your post makes it seem like he stole the ball and went in uncontested.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my review is of PCOV vs HRVAT is: PCOV scored one more goal than we did....on their net. Mind you we could have added a few into our own net and when yomama says made a great save of our defence, I am sure he is speaking of his briliant clearance haha oh good times. Some side notes on the game. 4 yellows & 1 red for us, 3 yellows for PCOV, the game was not as bad as the cards show. I would say hard fought game with the field being slippery. PCOV could have, should have, would have, had this one if they didn't miss the net as much. IF they learn how to shoot from 20 yards out, they will be a very dangerous team (instead of dumping it on the side, trying for a cross). Couple of other things. Daps blazin purple mohawk was the only reason why I noticed him on the field :p the Watcher made an apprearance and I think he even made a run and not only that but I didn't see him lose the ball, plus he is looking better than ever. Looking forward to the next game, not forward to meeting YFC after yesterdays shoot out show

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with you too ballkicker..there is only so many excuses, but i can see how a call like that can outrage a team.....calls like that should not be made at ANY level of soccer...I agree the team had time to recover, but that play does not happen if that call is not made....bad break for PCOV Europa..

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 1- Shaheen 1

After waiting 45 mins for the ref to show and taking the wind out of both teams sails, we finally got under way at the Kensington Cow Pasture.
Both teams were evenly matched out of the gates. Some poor tackles by Shaheen set the tone early, and DPR carried the play in the scoreless first half.

Shaheen came out smoking in the 2nd 45, with their number 7 ripping a shot top of the net from 30 yards at 60 mins. It was one of those shots that was in from the moment it was struck.

Shaheen continued to press and hit 2 bars and were unlucky not to go up a couple.
DPR started attacking again with 20 mins left and were rewarded with an own-goal off a free kick from 25 yards.

Overall a close battle and should be fun to play Shaheen when we have our full roster, as 3 starters were missing with suspensions from last year, although it is possible Shaheen was missing players too.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got in the house following some apres game bevvies and pizza @ Taylors Crossing.
Tonight was an action packed evening with 5 goals scored between Aryana and Norvan. The game was punctuated with some questionable calls ( An incorrect offiside on a goal by Norvan 5mins into the game, A few offsides, and fouls that didn't quite make sense) This went both ways however so it was what it is or is what it was...Anyways. The highlight of the night came in the 2nd half when an Aryana player took offense to a specific foul called by the referee. He decided to open up his special dictionary for such occasions and dropped several expletives on the ref. When you are cussing out the ref at point blank range, you cannot expect anything less than red. The player was still not quite satisfied so he decided to end his season by launching several lugies at the aforementiond offical. I can't see him playing under his current name for a while. He made sure the ref remebered his name at the end of the game by taking a couple of runs at him and telling him how he really felt.
On to the soccer...
Norvan 3 - Aryana 2
Aryana have some decent skilled player and can move the ball but did not make good decisions in the final third of the field.
Norvan, like last week were able to make nice runs down the flanks and middle of the park although the ball was been sent up the park a bit too quickly at times.
Aryana scored 1st on a free kick that just cleared the wall and then bounced off our diving keepers hands.
We tied before half after I was clipped while going in on a breakaway(Little did the defender know, he should have let me shoot it with my scoring percentage). PK awarded, last man foul red issued to Aryana.
Just before the end of the half we get another after a great indiviual effort by one of our forwards.
2nd half starts and we are in a bit of trouble as the forward who has just scored pulled his hamstring. He stays on the field as a point man only and actually claims our 3rd goal(his 2nd) after collecting a poorly passed ball by Aryana's keeper.
By this point our 11man roster is beginning to tire and after our 11th man heads to the bench, a lot of room opens up for Aryana, and they start putting on a lot of pressure. It was for naught though as they were unable to pull level. Not for lack of effort. It was good to see Norvan dig down for the win but things are not going to get easier and we will have to work torwards playing a full 90min of soccer.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, nice writeup, but it's hard to keep track of all the cards and spittle. How many people were actually on the pitch by the end of that one?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, nice writeup, but it's hard to keep track of all the cards and spittle. How many people were actually on the pitch by the end of that one?
At the end of the game we had 10 and Aryna had 9. Not having subs, our 10 were very tired and we were unable to hammer a goal or two more to ease the pressure.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spitting at a ref is one of the most gutless things to do. I hope Azzi throws this cnut out of the league.
True. Beats attempting to kill him, though, as some Kosova players and fans did at the Battle of Clinton Park a couple of seasons back.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
  1. Rangers FC 'A' vs PCOV "A": MOTW Rangers are always tough at home. PCOV acquitted themselves well according to Match reports by NK of last weeks match. Rangers by 1
  2. Aryana FC vs UBC Metropolitan: Aryana have 2 players suspended from last weeks game. UBC struggled with Bosna. This game could go either way.
  3. Yaletown FC vs Bosna SC: Yaletown look to be firing on all cylinders. Can Bosna shutdown the "Big O". Yaletown by 2
  4. NK Hrvat vs Norvan JB's: After a year off, familiar rivals meet again. Unfortunately, personnel changes in the offseason will temper what have always been classic matches between these teams. Norvan by 1(Just).
  5. C-Lects vs Cliff Ave. Cobra: Cliff Ave appear to be an improved side but more results are needed before a good judgment can be made. C-Lects will need to bury the demons from the previous weeks drubbing if they want a chance. Cliff Ave by 1.

2B
  1. Cleo's FC vs Douglas Park: This match should be tightly contested with these 2 teams being familiar with each other. Douglas Park need a win to keep pace with the Div Leaders or face an uphill battle for a promotion spot. Douglas P. by 1
  2. Point Grey Rangers vs Signmaster SCPostponed
  3. "B" United vs West Van Royals: B-United appear to be picking up where they left off last season. Another loss will beg the question, Would Div 3 been a better option? Westvan by 2
  4. Kosova SC vs Squamish FC: Kosova failed to impress in their opening game. Squamish have 2 ties vs fair competition. Squamish by 2
  5. Shaheen FC "A" vs Bombastic SC "A": MOTW Shaheen will need to find their scoring touch but will in tough against Bombastic. Shaheen by 1

2C
  1. Green Devils FC vs KLM Alemania: Green Devils are focused and on a mission. Alemania are the next victims of the Diablos Verdes. GD's by 3
  2. Westside Knights vs Unicorns FC: MOTW These 2 veteran teams should provide an interesting matchup. Both teams have battled consistency over the last couple of years. Both are capable of stealing points on any given Sunday from teams at any place in the table. I see a draw with multiple goals.
  3. Meralomas SC vs PCOV Europa: Meralomas experience should prevail in their match up with upstart Europa. 'Lomas by 2
  4. Hellas FC vs GN Sporting Club: Hellas FC will be in tough against a competent GN Sporting team. GN should be getting settled in after switching leagues and this game should be close but I expect alot of goals.
  5. East Van Socceroos vs C-men Lions: C-Men are posting some good results. The Socceroos Mojo still appears to be on walkabout. C-men by 2

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with most of your picks. PCOV will definitely be in tough against City FC in Ladner. I'm extremely relieved to have gotten our trip to Holly Park behind us at the start of the season this year. It's a much longer drive home if you lose, as we discovered last season.

I'm not familiar with Aryana, but I watched UBC-Bosna last week, and UBC will continue to struggle against experienced teams until they settle down. The whole match took place between Bosna's 18-yard line and the halfway line, but UBC rushed everything and were unable to create many real chances. Bosna only got into the other half 3-4 times all game, and scored two, preferring to wait out the barrage and counter. I'd pick Aryana to win on grass, but UBCs youth might come through at Burnaby Lake.

The C-Lects were unfortunate last weekend, and I think they might be able to get something out of the Cobras. The league switched their kickoff time last week from 6:00 to 4:00 at the last minute, and I was told that this apparently played havoc with the C-Lects squad since the firefighters have 5:00 shift changes. I expect them to do better this week.

JB-Hrvat should be interesting, and if it wasn't up in North Van, I might check it out. I've never seen NK play, and JBs seem to be ironing out a few kinks, but looking at the standings I'd obviously prefer a JB victory.

As for YFC-Bosna, I find that predicting your own matches invariably comes back to bite you in the arse, so I'll leave that one alone.

At least it looks like we'll finally have some true footballing weather this weekend :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and if it wasn't up in North Van, I might check it out.
As far as I know, our game is at Beaconsfield (Italian Culture Center area in Vancouver). But I don't know if the grass has been tamed, or if the posts have been put up on this particular pitch or not.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I know, our game is at Beaconsfield (Italian Culture Center area in Vancouver). But I don't know if the grass has been tamed, or if the posts have been put up on this particular pitch or not.
I must've been thinking of last week's match. According to the Excellent Site, Hrvat played PCOV at Beaconsfield, so it should be playable. Good luck, and I might see you there (you won't see me, since I'll be in the bushes with binoculars and a clipboard as usual).

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with most of your picks. PCOV will definitely be in tough against City FC in Ladner.

We have dropped the City FC from our name thanks.

We are just Rangers FC these days or RFC if ou want to make it easy..

As for the Vancouver Parks Situation, David Lam was Wembley compared to Memorial NE where our u-21 played( David Lam was no cup of tea but ok to play on). They need to not play any games on these fields in the condition some of them are in. Teams may lose home games or what have you but it is a shambles trying o play on fields in terrible condition. Beach Grove is looking better than any field in Vancouver these days.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game got switched to David Lam last week Oggy.
Not surprising. Hence, I qualified my post with "according to The Excellent Site" to absolve myself of any responsibility regarding accuracy :D

David Lam is always a cow pasture, which is why Yaletown FC fled to Point Grey Turf. Not exactly in Yaletown, but at least our games get played. Many Yaletown-dwellers seem to think that David Lam is a huge communal sandbox for dogs/children to dig holes in, and I have always disliked playing there (except for a couple times in spring when the traffic along the seawall was most stunning).

Sorry about the moniker-mixup, Blaze. As someone pointed out earlier, the number of "Rangers" in the league makes things a bit confusing. We need more "Rovers", "Wanderers", and "Plodders".
We played at Memorial NW last week and it was alright. Probably the best shape I've ever seen that pitch in. I guess that didn't apply to NE.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It does not apply to NE at all. Diabolical. The goals aren't even square to each other.

David Lam had some stunning Scenery on the weekend though.

As for the name thing, there is just too many scotsmen locally here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0