Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Is this going to be a season long struggle or just taking some time to put things together?
Hopefully, it will be the latter. There will be at least one more signing for this weekend, and I am looking for one more possibly two more depending on people' ability to commit(and respond to a simple email). Since taking on Mgmt duties a few years back, this has definitely been the most trying season todate. Losing as many players as we did has set us back from where we were at the beginning of last season but we have the potential to do well.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...depending on people' ability to ... respond to a simple email.
Ha ha. I feel your pain. There are all these nifty team management programs and websites out there, but none of it is relevant if people won't even respond to emails, which is invariably the case with a good portion of any team. Running a football team is often like herding cats.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a website, I have an Exchange Server hosting a distribution list so nobody gets missed. All I need is a Homey the clown like sock to knock some sense into some people.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Losing as many players as we did has set us back from where we were at the beginning of last season....

Bonefish,

I know you mentioned the players that left in a previous post but you neglected to mention where they went. What's up with McGreggor these days?

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
* The PCOV warm-up

I suppose it depends on the group as to what works best. We've lately been doing a moderately intense 5-10 minute cone drill that starts about 15 minutes prior to the kickoff. Personally I find that gets me sweating and well warm, definitely more ready to go than the summer league warm-up that mostly involved shanking shots in the general direction of our keeper.

The warm-up is even better when you get the 8pm Holly Park coaching circle hogging the centre of the pitch until 10 minutes before the kickoff saying motivational things like 'Winning is important, but remember soccer isn't everything'. If I wanted to listen to garbage like that I'd download some Tony Robbins from the web and give it to Oggy to recite at our training sessions. :eek:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose it depends on the group as to what works best. We've lately been doing a moderately intense 5-10 minute cone drill that starts about 15 minutes prior to the kickoff. Personally I find that gets me sweating and well warm, definitely more ready to go than the summer league warm-up that mostly involved shanking shots in the general direction of our keeper.

The warm-up is even better when you get the 8pm Holly Park coaching circle hogging the centre of the pitch until 10 minutes before the kickoff saying motivational things like 'Winning is important, but remember soccer isn't everything'. If I wanted to listen to garbage like that I'd download some Tony Robbins from the web and give it to Oggy to recite at our training sessions. :eek:
In order to combat all this negativity, I'm putting you in charge of leading the pregame Kumbaya on Saturday. Thirty minutes of singing together will strengthen the bonds of camaraderie between team members and do far more good than any mere physical warmup. We can also wear the cones on our heads.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Ladner Soccer CLub has the field until 9pm. We get it right at 9.
A couple of out guys actually work for the Boys club in their player and coaching development so gthey are normally pretty good about being off their as soon as they can. This past week was a coaches 6 on 6 game that used the middle of field leaving both ends free for us and PCOV.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,
I know you mentioned the players that left in a previous post but you neglected to mention where they went. What's up with Mickster these days?
Mickster is beset with the busy life of Dad of 2 and a busy home life. He is hoping to start training soon perhaps we will see him for a cup run.
The other players: 2 out of province for school, 1 in province school. Mickster I mentioned. 1 player to NCSL O'30's, 3 players to VMSL Master's(Wickham), 1 player in rehab(Broken leg in summer ball). How you like dem apples?

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie / Dap / Watcher et al.

Made my first training session with the boys last night. First time I've touched a ball in what seems like years and boy did I look good. Better hope I don't get signed too quickly though to give some of the other teams in 2A a chance.....:D

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN vs Yaletown FC would be a good match it looks like, but too bad it wont ever happen unless they both win their divisions. Ive seen GN play and they can definetly move the ball around and have a really skilled team, how is Yaletown?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
  1. Cliff Avenue Cobra vs Yaletown FC - The Cobras have been playing tighter more defensive soccer than last year but against the Juggernaut of latte drinking, lap dog sporting Yaletown crew, they will be under fire. I expect Yaletown to dominate most aspects of this game including the scoreline.
  2. Bosna SC vs Aryana FC - Bosna do not appear to have turned the corner as previously thought. Aryana are playing better than average in the middle and offensive parts of the field and should not be threatened.
  3. PCOV "A" vs C-Lects - Reports indicate that the C-Lects have a so-so side this year and PCOV do not appear to filling the net like last year. I expect this game to be close
  4. UBC Metropolitan vs NK Hrvat - I think that the train could run into engine problems if they underestimate the "kidz" from UBC who are still learning their ABC's of mens league soccer. They will need to play better than they did last week for sure. NK by 1
  5. Norvan JB's vs Rangers FC 'A' - MOTW Two teams that know the turf and like to run are looking to make moves in the standings. Norvan should have a bench for a change so this should be a dogfight to the end. Bonefish is hoping that the bus ride home to Ladner is a quiet one.

2B
  1. West Van Royals vs Shaheen FC "A" - WV will need to score first against a Shaheen side that may have lost confidence with their Div2 showing thus far. I expect Shaheen to win this by a couple.
  2. Bombastic SC "A" vs Cleo's FC - Cleo's are not giving up goals thus far and Bombastic despite their 1st place ranking will be in tough to take all 3 points. 2-2tie
  3. Douglas Park vs Kosova SC - It is doubtful that Kosova have been thrown any lifeline's since last week and they should be just the ticket that DP needs to move up in the table
  4. Squamish FC vs Point Grey Rangers - MOTW PGR might be better off taking a boat to Squamish rather than the sea to sky. It might be faster. I haven't seen Squamish play personally but they look to be a true Top 10 Combined Rankings candidate. PGR will be in tough. 3-2 Squamish
  5. Signmaster SC vs "B" United - Even though Signmaster will be sporting some serious ring rust, they should have enough wherewithall to Box up B united and send them packing for yet another week. Signmaster by 3

2C
  1. GN Sporting Club vs Westside Knights - MOTW I am not sure of GN's history but there is always a team that is "the thorn in one's side" I predict that the Knights will be that for GN. The cagey Westside team love to play the David of Israel and aren't afraid to mix it up with anybody, anywhere. 2-2 Tie
  2. PCOV Europa vs East Van Socceroos - Europa hang on to their mid table spot by a thread. If they play to their potential they should win but I am betting on a Kangaroo resurgence of sorts to provide this weeks shocker. EW by 1
  3. KLM Alemania vs Meralomas SC - This should be a good battle between 2 clubs that have not played each other in eons. Not sure if any rivalry still exists but it should be a good battle between two veteran teams. Meralomas by 1.
  4. C-men Lions vs Hellas FC - The C-Men should be good for all 3 points. But they will need to keep their composure. They seem to have put the demons from seasons past to rest. C-Men mayonaise Hellas to the wall with a 3-0 win.
  5. Unicorns FC vs Green Devils FC - Unicorns should be ready for the glue factory by the end of this match. GD's by 3 as they bounce back from their tie last week.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thorn in side of GN Westside knights 0 GN 0

Not much to report here as we pretty much played an italian 10 behind the ball 1 up front all game as once again our team sporting 11 *&^%ing guys for the match. GN passed the ball at will and moved wherever they pleased except for inside our 18. All of their shots were of the EPL variety 20 yards + trying to score that brilliant goal which never materialized. Man of the match was definately Mikey "Luongo" who made several excellent saves and did well to smother all rebounds. Man of the match for them was the punter that kicked me in the leg to get a red card after the rattler had succeeded in puttin' some venom under his skin. All in all a good game both ways as we were fairly lucky they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn , looking forward to the return match on a grass field with more subs for us. Bonefish excellent prediction my friend the only thing wrong was the score but predicting the tie was brilliant.
cheers , the rattler

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dr. J is still a knight but on the long term disability list with a bad knee I do believe , i'm sure he could enlighten you on the injury. He did have a good showing last night however coming all the way to mackie park to help support the lads and lend his usual uplifting comments to the lads on the field. But most importantly always a strong presence around our heineken box :D:D
cheers 5th back , the rattler

Rooney Sucks

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Europa 4 EV 3

Europa came out in the first half and dominated the game scoring 4 goals we new we had to since one of our players was leaving at halftime and we had no subs...what we weren't expecting was another player going down due to injury and having to play the entire second half with 9 men...EV capitalized on all there chances in the second half due to shaky defending on our part thankfully after the third goal everyone got there act together and we won the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0