Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Army,

How much snow did you get last night. Is a postponement of our game tonight a sure thing?

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish:

At 8am it was only raining in Richmond and usually it get better if you keep going South (Coming to Vancouver at that time it was a mess though), So 80% chances that your game tonight is ON.

Mr. Rempa

PS. AHHH... and is really WINDY around there...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet...(I say that now but will have a different song at game time when my night of Whistler Village Recreation[2hours sleep]/Day of Blackcomb Concrete Powder[Plus the bounce the backside off the rail move I threw down] catch up to me...)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Blaze Army,

How much snow did you get last night. Is a postponement of our game tonight a sure thing?

More chance of me marrying a supermodel than of our game being postponed tonight.

Zero snow in Ladner, windy,rainy and cold though. We don't have changerooms although there is a semi heated bathroom that may or may not be open. Going on past form, our field will have serious wind and rain hit right about 8:45pm tonight.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't sell yourself short big man. Dreams do come true. Was at Holly earlier today and while it was fukcing cold, there was no snow. The bathrooms were open though, and far warmer than the field.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OD,

i am not selling myself short. i would never marry a supermodel. they don't like to eat and as you well know i enjoy a wing or 64. Now if she owned a pub, i'd think about it.

:D

Also, why the hell were you at Holly earlier today??

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting a little exercise, having a run with the Club I girls and the school team. If it's not pissing rain tonight I might come out and watch the gimp Alikira hobble around the middle of the park.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blazearmy, just looked at the excellent site and it says that your game is postponed tonight, are you guys on?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We didn't cancel it. The field is ok. No idea why it was postponed. no snow or nothing on it. neither me nor Russ were called by anyone from the league.

Somebody playing sillybuggers.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Municipality says its open. Just talked to them.

Weird. Maybe they called all the friday games because of snow in burnaby???

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ruben made a mistake and cancelled wrong game.

But i like the TTP thing better.

It's on, windy and cold as hell. Beautiful Holly Park in the winter. :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC 2 - Norvan 1
A soccer game was never played on account of the gale force winds that beset the fools who decided to play on such a night of wind and rain. There was a game but it was hardly soccer. City had all the pressure early and were rewarded with a goal from a corner that was played out to a waiting FC player who shot it towards goal where it was back heeled just over the goal line. Norvan woke up somewhat after this and began to get a bit more possession. City FC with the wind coming mostly from their right to left seemed to have the better control and found the net again closer to halftime on a cross that bounced off our keeper as he tried to track the bending ball. It dropped at the feet of a City forward who slotted it home. Just before half( I think) one of our forwards took a ball to 20m from the City goal and blasted a shot at the winward corner. the ball bent by the wind eluded their keeper and found the opposite corner to pull us one back. The second half saw the JBs get some more play with the change of direction but tired legs, cramping calves, and hamstrings finally took their toll and the efforts on goal were not enough to pull even. One of our goals was disallowed as an offside kick well in our half was kicked towards their goal and it bounced twice and over the City keeper. Alikira held his whistle while we celeberated but his cold brain finally registered the correct call. I felt that it was an act of God that should have counted but oh well...

According to Blaze Army it was just a little bit of a blow that night but it was too much for us.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish said all that needed to be said.

Golfing at 8am in the winter while still drunk is dumb. don't ever do that.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 3 - 0 Belmont

Typical first game after the break for Belmont :) 9 guys, no goalie and about 90/10 possession for the Primos. Just tried to keep the scoreline respectable as we were not scoring on this day. Three 5'9" guys shared the keeping duties but if Primos actually shot from beyond the 18 they would have filled the net. Instead they played possession until it was well into the box but by that time one of our guys often got a foot to it.

Not a pretty game of football (although the Primos looked good) so on to RFC for another fun tilt this Saturday! Should have our team back for this one as the Seahawks are on the road.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah - the Primos possession game is very strong. They also do a very good job at pressuring the ball in all areas of the field. I thought the ref was pretty good for the game as well - I wish we could have that type of reffing every game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay said:
Yeah - the Primos possession game is very strong. They also do a very good job at pressuring the ball in all areas of the field. I thought the ref was pretty good for the game as well - I wish we could have that type of reffing every game.

Was thinking the same thing about the ref after the game. Didn't even notice him out there at all. It was a super clean game anyway and as mentioned, it was one-way traffic for Primos that day. It's too bad we couldn't give them a better game as we had so many regulars away that day. Not like we're fighting for promotion but we would make things pretty tough on them with a regular Belmont team. Maybe in the cup :)

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Maybe in the cup :)
Many of you may already know this, but the league is speaking of a reduced cup this year, since the weather has been complete bullshit, and they'll have enough problems just finishing the season. The current format being discussed is just the top four teams from each group in Div. 2, and two from each CAT group, for a total of 16 Div. 2 teams. Although I hope it won't happen, if this goes through, the league could get a lot more interesting, with some tight battles for fourth place going on in A, B, and C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0