Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After this last weekend, there are 104 games in Div2(ABC) that have been postponed. That translates to 3 and 1/2 weekends worth of games to be made up. Overall in the league(Premier Thru Masters, CAT included) there are 470 potential games to be made up. Wow.

This weekend is not looking good for grass fields. I wonder if the parks board gives the league a credit for unused time on Grass fields. This money could be used to secure more turf time. The North Van Turf fields are booked on per game basis. I am not sure about other venues.

The league has already officially cancelled 2 rounds of cup(Preliminary and Round of 32). The next cut would be to 8? That would be Top 2 teams from 2ABC and Group leaders from CAT A and B

Made a error in the calculation of missed games. 104 Games 30Teams. Games involve 2 teams so 104/15 is almost 7weeks

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am guessing it will go to 8 as bonefish as said. The weather this year has screwed things up royally but nothing anyone can do about it. On the plus side we hae had one guy not miss a game and he was not allowed to play for 8 weeks. Solid.

I am expecting at best the turf games will be going ahead this weekend. Maybe a few random grass games as well bbut am expecting most if not all fields to be closed. Was talking at indoor game last night and our CAT team has not played since before Halloween.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea. I assume it will be clear of snow as everything else seems clear in Ladner.

Ask sixfyv, he lives and drives by there every day.

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
The league has already officially cancelled 2 rounds of cup(Preliminary and Round of 32). The next cut would be to 8? That would be Top 2 teams from 2ABC and Group leaders from CAT A and B

How is the league going to determine the top two teams when some teams haven't played the same amount of games? RFC is safe (and we have a couple of games in hand) but it's going to hurt good teams like Douglas Park and Belmont. If the league has gone this far then they might as well just take the top teams from the divisions, screw the CAT teams also and just go straight to the semi-finals.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking best uniforms should decide it. We're obviously in...and we beat RFC so I guess it's us and Primos from 2B :)

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
I'm thinking best uniforms should decide it. We're obviously in...and we beat RFC so I guess it's us and Primos from 2B :)

Can't beat the logic there bandcamp. I think the Primos are the class of our division but your team, us and Douglas Park are always a good game.

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamponlypostswhenhewins said:
Sorry folks, CLEOS win the best uniforms competition, hands down...

All I know is that RFC doesn't win the best uniform competition. We started out with the ugly, piece of crap, looks like shite manchester united uniforms and now we have these XXXL white ones. Cleo's have a nice uniform also but Primos win it because they always look like a team. Before and after a game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Primos who have officially clinched promotion already with a 4 - 0 win over Richmond F.C. It was ****ing cold out there.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-0 is an emphatic scoreline for the normaly defensive minded Primos. Were cards a factor in this one?

P.S.
Congrats to the Primos who worked hard this year... They do dress a little bit too pretty though... :D

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't at the game cuz of a groin injury, but heard that we were badly outplayed for most of it. I think we were missing about 3-4 starters due to suspensions and injuries. But it probably wouldn't have mattered much as Primo is definitely the class of our division.
It will be interesting to see what the league decides in terms of makeup games and cup games. I'm thinking that they shouldn't play games that don't have a direct impact on promo, to make sure they can get enough cup rounds in. For instance, Primo still has to play B Utd, WV Royals and Cleo's. Is there a point?!
Anyways, I hope the cup rounds start soon and we can make a run like we did a few years back.

TS

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
tss1970 said:
bonefish said:

How is the league going to determine the top two teams when some teams haven't played the same amount of games? RFC is safe (and we have a couple of games in hand) but it's going to hurt good teams like Douglas Park and Belmont. If the league has gone this far then they might as well just take the top teams from the divisions, screw the CAT teams also and just go straight to the semi-finals.
thank you for screw the cat teams .there are four good teams in cat div A and one in cat div B who are very able to win . we won div 2 cup last year and provincial B cup . i like to see is vmsl teams that get to provincial cup repeat our win as no othere vmsl has ever won it .we get very little respect from the richmond soccer league premier teams which have won 6 times . vancouver island always enters good fit teams so does north delta of fvsl

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 - YaleTown 0
Rangers 3 - Yaletown 0

Missing a bunch of guys on saturday due to work, vacation and someone who has decided to take 3 months off so he can be baked and snowboard.

We need to play the last 10 minutes of the first game before the second game started. We looked awful during the 10 minute stretch and were lucky to not concede a goal on one of the mant corners Yaletown had. Our keeper looked terrible and the evryone else was not much better. Yaletown had all the play and the final whislte blew. Time for a quick coin toss and a bit of a talking too.

Game 2 starts with them taking a shot off the kickoff. Our keeps looked awful in the frst game but after some words from me and this shot he was fine. Play was fairly even for the first 15 minutes yuntil their forward makes a bad challenge on one of our defenders in our box. Down our guy goes, next thing i know, our guy has picked the ball up and thrown it at their guy. Red card. Down to 10 men after 15 minutes. That seemed to wake our guys up and put a spell on the Yaletown guys. We left the formation with the 3 in th back and the rest of the half seemed to be one way traffic into their end with the occasional counterattack by them. Our first comes of a free kick at the top of the box that was clattered in after a shoddy wall placement and the second was put in at the far post after a miskick in the centre of the box. We have a 3rd called back for offside after the goalie got way out of his box and hit the clearance right to our midfielder who mishit it tou our forward who swung a leg in and popped it into the goal.

2-0 halftime.

They start the second half better but aren't getting many clearccut chances and in the end we knock a 3rd in 8 minutes from the end after our keeper has made some great saves.

This gets us back in the cup picture i guess if there are 16 teams enetetred into it. Need to keep winning our ganes before they cup draw is finaliand we may get in.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Rangers 2 - YaleTown 0
Rangers 3 - Yaletown 0
Pretty much sums it up. I think the 10-minute game before hurt us psychologically and physically, since we were unable to convert any of our many chances. During the actual game, we were fairly dominant in the back and midfield, but had absolutely no ideas going forward. We still ended up with about a dozen corners and half that many dangerous free kicks, but couldn't do better than hitting the post. City's keep made a few good saves at the end to preserve the shutout.
On the City side, they were pretty poor until their lunatic threw the ball at our player (not even at the one who fouled him), but going down to 10 men galvanized them. They were only able to create about 5-6 chances in the game, but put 3 of them away. Excellent effort on City's part, their sweeper had an especially solid game, and their forwards came through for them when they needed it.
I thought the game was much cleaner than our first meeting, but that might just be down to the lunatic getting dismissed early on, since he is just a hazard on the field. While the rest of the squad play hard but fair, that guy just seems to be out to maim people.

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
tss1970 said:
thank you for screw the cat teams .there are four good teams in cat div A and one in cat div B who are very able to win . we won div 2 cup last year and provincial B cup . i like to see is vmsl teams that get to provincial cup repeat our win as no othere vmsl has ever won it .we get very little respect from the richmond soccer league premier teams which have won 6 times . vancouver island always enters good fit teams so does north delta of fvsl

SmartCoach ... I was trying to make a point about the stupid league cancelling games and not disrespecting the CAT teams. I'm positive you have teams that are very capable of winning. This RFC team gives you respect coach. I've played both Island soccer and VMSL and I prefer the VMSL over the island.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 0 Knights 0

Shite pitch. Terrible finishing...................yes I am trashing my own team. The Knights had no business tying this one. Some horrendous finishing kept the knights in it. Seriously, I was in net and had one.............1.........one shot the whole game, it was right at me. it was a gay day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0