Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Undfeated Watch: Romania, Polonia, Primos(At least one of these teams should fall this weekend)

No Goals Against: Signmaster

Last time I checked, WE (6-0-1) were still undefeated, too. A little respect, please. Thanks.

TS

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sorry but for me, a truly undefeated team has not conceded any points. Last week you "lost out" on 2pts courtesy of RedNeckRanger and co. Its not about respect but my personal perspective. No offense meant brother!!

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
I am sorry but for me, a truly undefeated team has not conceded any points. Last week you "lost out" on 2pts courtesy of RedNeckRanger and co. Its not about respect but my personal perspective. No offense meant brother!!

TS ... have to agree with bonefish here as we did it to ourselves. It just means being hungry this weekend. Have to prove ourselves over the next two weeks. Just glad our coach will be there for the 9th and 10th most important games of the year.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:

To me, 'undefeated' means to 'have not been defeated,' but if you have another view on it, then it's all to the good. I guess those 7 years of University were of no use to me. But if you're gonna take the time to preview matches for us (ala Chris Berman of NFL Primetime), we can live with your definitions and interpretations.

I'll be happy to finish 17-0-1 instead of 18-0 if it means promo.

TS

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with bonefish you guys lost out on 2pts, Oh yeah wasnt that because you let your team down by getting two yellows in the biggest game of the season. Good luck on your promo TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter said:
I agree with bonefish you guys lost out on 2pts, Oh yeah wasnt that because you let your team down by getting two yellows in the biggest game of the season. Good luck on your promo TS

It was hardly the biggest game of the season, that's coming up next week vs Primo. We should've been up by 2-3 goals when I got sent off, so it shouldn't have made that much of an impact on the game. Unfortunately we weren't, and it made quite the impact. But I appreciate your opinion, muppet.

Stick around the site, and maybe we'll invite you to our promo party. maybe.

TS

Red Necked Rangers

Oct 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 2 B-UTD 0

good, clean game with no whinning. Nice change. B United are certainly a much better team than their record indicates and should n't be taken lightly. We had too many chances missed and could 've come out with a greater margin of victory, but credit to B Utd as they dictated the pace of the game...

Red Necked Rangers

Oct 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS: you guys KNOW you should n't have been up that many goals. It was a close game, well played by both sides on the field and I really think you are embellishing things with some of your comments. Sure, I made one dirty comment about your (player) dressed in yellow, but if you read through my posts, that was it! It wasn't a pretty game, but it surely deserved to be a tie. Let's leave it at that and look forward to a good game of soccer in round 2. Hope you guys have a good battle tomorrow with Belmont. I predict a tie.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 2-1 JBs

Good, hard game. In my opinion, the difference today was the goalkeeping. JBs were extremely dangerous on set pieces, as usual, and their goal came from a header. Our keeper was certainly the man of the match and stopped a few great shots and a couple of one-on-ones. The first YFC goal came a few minutes before half with a 35-yard strike that went right at the keeper, but knuckled and bobbed so much that he was only able to deflect it into his own net (gotta love the world cup ball). The second goal was a shot from about 18 yards at a tighter angle, again right at the JB keeper. He punched it up, but it just ended up floating into the far corner, making it 2-0. JBs then came at YFC in force, and were able to pull one back with about 20 to go, but the Yaletown keeper and defence were able to keep it at that and hang on for the win.
From my point of view, JBs had the bulk of the chances and probably deserved more than they got, while we seem to have gotten the bounces today and made the most of a couple of chances. I guess it all comes around after we had some pretty shocking luck in the last couple of games. On the whole, a good, hard game with little whining and no diving, and I look forward to the rematch in North Van. I think Bonefish should bring some RecSpecs to the next one, though, since a lost contact almost ended his game after only a couple of minutes...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Yaletown 2-1 JBs
Good, hard game. In my opinion,
Where do I begin...Well I don't think I will...Well I just might a little.

We did what we wanted when we wanted in the first half except finish. Unlucky(Bad) goal to give them the lead. Second half, we started getting off our game(frustration). We give up a second goal(Not a pretty one). Get one back. Yaletown keeper stood on his head on several occasions. We fail to level the game before the final whistle. Insert big sigh of relief from Yaletown.

Oggy,

The thumb to the eye was quite providential for your side as the ball actually bounced in a good spot for met but I had difficulty trying to focus on the ball(s). I hit the one in the middle but I should have hit the one on the right.

Yaletown did well to close the game but it was 3 points squandered by the boys in blue today.

Gigi_Becali

Oct 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another win for the “dirtiest bunch of diving whores”

Green Devils FC – FC Romania 0 – 1 (0 – 0)

1. Romania 24 p
………………………….
2. Devils FC 17 p
3. Norvan JB’s 16p
4. Yaletown 13 p

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy,

Good call on the game. We just could not finish for once.
I agree we did carry it. Your keep made some fantastic saves..............buy him a pint.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Necked Rangers said:
TS: you guys KNOW you should n't have been up that many goals. It was a close game, well played by both sides on the field and I really think you are embellishing things with some of your comments. Sure, I made one dirty comment about your (player) dressed in yellow, but if you read through my posts, that was it! It wasn't a pretty game, but it surely deserved to be a tie. Let's leave it at that and look forward to a good game of soccer in round 2. Hope you guys have a good battle tomorrow with Belmont. I predict a tie.

Listen 'neck, it's called 'takethepiss.com' not 'tellthetruth.com,' so I'm allowed to embellish things and stretch the truth as much as I fcukin want. But on a serious note, with a little bit of finshing (which wasn't there), we had you guys beat after 20 minutes. Round 2 will be a good rematch, looking forward to it.

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
machel said:
Belmont 2 - Richmond 1 from the excellent site:)

That's right: Belmont 2- RFC 1
Full marks to Belmont today, they played hard for the whole 90 mins. Not a very skillful team, but hard workers, and sometimes that's enough to beat a better team. We were our own worst enemy today. In the first half we had maybe 10 shots within 18 yds, including a couple breakaways and one-on-ones, with no shots hitting the net. NONE! Our GK commits an unneccessary foul in the box and they calmly slot the PK to go up 1-0 at the half. They had maybe 1-2 chances in the first, but were still up 1-0. Second half we came out flat and had some sloppy play in our end cost us another goal. Belmont attacked well and almost had a couple more when it was 2-0. We were then given a PK which our player nearly sent for a throw-in :D . With about 20 to play we turned up the intensity, made it 2-1 and took it to Belmont for the rest of the game. We had several glorious chances to tie the game, but just couldn't find the back of the net. I thought we deserve a tie, but nothing more. If we only played for 90 mins and not 20, we would've killed them. But they defended well and played hard the whole game and were fully deserving of the victory.

Now we've made it a bit hard on ourselves in our quest for promo. An absolute must-win game this weekend against Primo. A loss means we focus on the cup round and a potential roadtrip to provincials :D .

TS

Red Necked Rangers

Oct 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS:
the only way you guys are going to live up to your own expectations is to continually deceive yourselves and embellish each and every game anaylsis. you spouted off too early before you hit the 'tough' part of your schedule and a loss next week could see you in 3rd...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Necked Rangers said:
TS:
the only way you guys are going to live up to your own expectations is to continually deceive yourselves and embellish each and every game anaylsis. you spouted off too early before you hit the 'tough' part of your schedule and a loss next week could see you in 3rd...

or a win could see us 2 pts out of 1st. time will tell.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0