Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February/March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February Results and Banter

here's a idea ....when you overlap.- tape a 40 box of timbits to your back with a hole big enough for one timbit at a time to fall out ... to get back into position
just eat the trail and have a Double double .. you should be good to go .

thanks on the Promotion congrats ... we have a friendly againest Delta Metro FVSL in Twas this Friday .. so we'll get a good test for premier level soccer
then wait out the Fireman ICSF cup this Sunday ....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bearcubs,

I just had to opportunity now to see by your various posts how you are both focusing on our big cup tie tomorrow.

Give me strength.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

here's a idea ....when you overlap.- tape a 40 box of timbits to your back with a hole big enough for one timbit at a time to fall out ... to get back into position
just eat the trail and have a Double double .. you should be good to go .

thanks on the Promotion congrats ... we have a friendly againest Delta Metro FVSL in Twas this Friday .. so we'll get a good test for premier level soccer
then wait out the Fireman ICSF cup this Sunday ....

Very loose use of the word "Idea".

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Cliff Ave beat Wickham today 3-0 putting them tied with WV at the top of our side and potentially forcing a playoff game to see who gets into the league championship game vs Columbus (Westside can still make it a 3-way at the top).

It looks like we are going to finish 5th on our side and 6th overall - un-fricken-believeable :(

The pressure is on for a very very good cup run (make the final)... missing about 7 guys for the first game (Vegas stag) doesn't help matters too much :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Correct you are Smallsy, I forgot the point you just got from us :(

In any event, if we don't make the cup final, odds are we will not make the BCs unless you guys lose both your remaining games.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs, do you boys have a B C spot yet or are you saying you need to make the cup final to get in? (really i have no idea who is in and who needs what)

Who's stag in Vegas?

Good luck!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Cliff Ave beat Wickham today 3-0 putting them tied with WV at the top of our side and potentially forcing a playoff game to see who gets into the league championship game vs Columbus (Westside can still make it a 3-way at the top).

It looks like we are going to finish 5th on our side and 6th overall - un-fricken-believeable :(

The pressure is on for a very very good cup run (make the final)... missing about 7 guys for the first game (Vegas stag) doesn't help matters too much :(

Regs is very correct. I don't like to see my teammmate post with one of these..:(.... but on the bright side, we have a team with great depth that will still do the job. Funny enough, we have been playing very well of late, even with those ties, and look like a team that could win it all if we qualify.

You start thinking back to several games that went wrong for various reasons. We would love to get those back. :mad:

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let me guess. Those teams owe you points>:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach,

We do not have a spot and need to make our cup final to get in. It's Skip's stag in Vegas.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

VMSL gets 6 spots in the BCs.

As I understand it, the top 4 point getters in Masters Premier get spots and thus that leaves the 2 cup finalists getting the remaining 2.

Cheers,

Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unless of course the two cup finalists are also in the top four in point standings, yes? Thus making # 5 and # 6 in points now in?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That is correct however we will more than likely have the 6th most points in league and we are the highest point-total team on our side of the cup draw... Unless Azzi does something weird and orders a playoff between teams tied (as we are now with Sapperton and potential can be as well with Westside - any other tie-breaker we would "lose" out)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

VMSL gets 6 spots in the BCs.

As I understand it, the top 4 point getters in Masters Premier get spots and thus that leaves the 2 cup finalists getting the remaining 2.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs, do you know if they look at both sides combined for the top 4 point getters? If that is the case, then ..........

Columbus - 38 pts (one remaining league game, but it is 'moot' to them)
Cliff - 29 pts (league done)
WVFC - 29 pts (league done)
Sapp - 27 pts (league done)
BRM - 27 pts (league done)
Westside - 24 pts (2 games left and can finish as high as 30 pts)
PCOV - 23 pts (league done)
Inter - 18 pts (2 games left and can finish as high as 24 pts)

If it is the top 4 point getters with both sides combined, then I see it as Columbus, Cliff and WVFC with guaranteed spots for the Provincials as we sit right now. Westside controls it's own destiny via league, and a whole bunch of other teams (except WVFC :mad::mad::mad:) can control their own destiny by reaching the league cup final. If I am totally wrong on this and it is the top two point getters on each side, then I have no idea what is going to happen.

If Westside does win its final two league games to secure Side B (and I am correct on the above as to who has secured Provincial spots), then WVFC will not play a meaningful game until the weekend of April 4th. Only 47 sleeps until then and lots of time to rest up for what we always hope to be a first round match in Victoria (Strathcona/Sticky Wicket, here we come). However, as is usually the case we will probably draw a VMSL team and play at Hastings Bowl.

JAGS

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Or worse, face a FVSL team and get knocked out first round.
There's always the Nations Cup Jags. ;)

Skip's stag in Vegas?
Suh-weet. :D
Who's the 'best' man that arranged that one?

PS - Don't go near the Rhino. :eek: :D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Or worse, face a FVSL team and get knocked out first round.
There's always the Nations Cup Jags. ;)

Apparently, we mastered getting knocked out the first round in the league cup this year, so that has been checked off the list.:mad::mad: Facing a FVSL team would be a dream match-up for us. Especially one certain team, who will remain nameless, but their name does rhyme with 'Dangers'. :D

JAGS

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

From Sir M.

Master's pre-BC Provincial Cup Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot off of the press from the VMSL Office:

VMSL Masters, a league with some 40 teams, will get 6 spots again in the Provincials this year:

Two spots will go to the top two Premier Div. teams, based on points, regardless of which side they play on. (Right now just off the top of my head I think that may be SU and Westside I am not sure though).

The other four spots for VMSL will go to the 4 Master's Cup semi-finalists. The Master's Cup though has had entries cut back by quite a bit because of weather etc.

Similar to last year, the Master's Cup will have more weight than league results it could be argued. And despite adding teams, including a perennial qualifier from the FVSL SU, the allotment of spots to the to the VMSL stays at 6. It follows (unconfirmed at this point but staff are working on it) that FVSL and NSCL will again get three each and 4 will go to the VISL.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow - Good job Eagle Eye.
For a blind man Stevie Oneder, not bad.

So if I read this right, Columbus are the only confirmed berth out of the VMSL?

That first round knock out Jagsy could be costly based on this revelation? :confused:
Gawd...

New life for you Regs/Ballbaby/Skip?

Wow is right...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The other four spots for VMSL will go to the 4 Master's Cup semi-finalists. The Master's Cup though has had entries cut back by quite a bit because of weather etc.

that line makes it seems like it would be last years info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0