Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes - 1-0 Westside in PK's. Wickham were tough all game long, running hard through the front and causing us grief. In the end, it was Merks who made the difference, stopping 2 PK's and scoring one. He also made a couple of key saves in the game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent, so us ad Sapp are into the BCs.

We just happen to start before everyone else :D

Sucks that the game will be during spring break, we have a few guys going outta town on vacation.

Word to wise today: don't play a game vs U18s with a referee who only refs youth games. You will lose it.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay I give ?

Who is in and who is out?

Oh yeah and why?

If you are in Regs.........Good Job!

Why do you play early?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, at a risk of being redundant, I will repeat myself here:

Staff are just reporting in now, and are confirming both scores. Staff also report that out of the VMSL Masters, the following teams have now qualified for Provincial Cup competition (in alphabetical order):

Cliff Ave
Columbus
Inter
Westside
West Van

Which means a 1 game playoff for the final BCs spot between Sapperton and Surrey Utd.

So SU has to play Sapp for the final spot, and Regs is posting about people being away for Spring Break which may be a hindrance for SU.

PS Sir M has it on good authority that Westside will be playing Columbus in a league make-up game this coming weekend for VMSL/SMEPR top spot bragging rights.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Sir M.

That match will be a cracker!

That's if Columbus get all of their shite together...they haven't played a serious game for awhile. I think they had a "friendly" against the Serbs?? Westside appears to be the team to beat since they are in the league cup final.
Sir M.: I missed you today at our barbecue...should have come over for one but knew you were discussing old times with some of the Croatians...
SCK

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Sir M.

That match will be a cracker!

That's if Columbus get all of their shite together...they haven't played a serious game for awhile. I think they had a "friendly" against the Serbs?? Westside appears to be the team to beat since they are in the league cup final.
Sir M.: I missed you today at our barbecue...should have come over for one but knew you were discussing old times with some of the Croatians...
SCK

Funny,

I do believe Coach was referring to the SU vs Sapperton game.:rolleyes:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
B: That should be a good one too if Regs gets most of his guys out unlike their last outing against the Lions....
SCK

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result yesterday SCK and thanks for the meal.
Columbus versus the Serbs tonight at Burnaby and then we play Aldergrove on Thursday before the long weekend. Columbus looking good with Benji and Romeo in the line up for Provincials.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty make sure you you return the wire baskets after hitting balls, I saw a couple hanging from your porch as hanging baskets.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are welcome Hose! Anything to further slow you down....which is very difficult to do I might add. When, btw, has Benji scored last?
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy:
Not sure if you've given much thought to the final yet. We are positioned to play this weekend for our last league game then we follow it up with the league cup final possibly at Town Centre. Can't see us fielding a team this weekend with spring break, Easter, etc.
SCK

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2 Inter 1 (in penos)

All round good game. JC with our lone goal. all penos were quality strikes and nice finishes. As RZ said after the game, "I didn't even touch a ball". Inter were tough and it was a good game.

I guess we see you again in 2 weeks.

Freddy.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game Freddy. You guys earned the victory. We couldn't muster much of an attack especially with Merks playing defense.... Thought we might get a late hand ball call which I thought occurred off my cross but they also hit the crossbar on a wonderful strike. Must say the penos were brilliant. Full credit to the spotters.. Every peno was a good one. I was hoping Westside would eventually miss but it was not to be. And it took seven spotters! We'll hopefully get the next big game. See you in two weeks on the "harder" turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0