Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Lomas 1

Played at Quilchena - a 90 X 60 pitch made up of mud and sand. Worst field in the Lower Mainland.
Lomas scored first 10 minutes in on an absolute fantastic strike which most of us, let alone that guy, could never duplicate again - out 35 yards on the touch line, he had a first time dipping rocket of a shot into the far corner. It started on a throw in 10 yards on their side of the field. He threw it 20 yards, bounced for 5 yards and "boom" full volley. That was their only chance until late in the game.
I really thought it wasn't going to be our day after we hit the cross bar and post and couldn't finish easy chances from even 2 yards out. But after Paul missed a couple sitters a brutal player (#13) started to chirp; calling Favs a plumber. Paul then scored 2 goals within 3 minutes and Gary Donald finished him off with a crushing check with 5 min to go. Got to hand it to the guy; he got up and played hard throughout. The Lomas worked and tacked extremely hard and it made for a tense flurry of back and forth soccer in added time.

A tight game, but if that game was on a regular sized pitch it would have been an easy Sapp victory.

We had 5 guys missing, thus we only had 17 guys.

Was the park worse than your Sapp home pitch?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tight game, but if that game was on a regular sized pitch it would have been an easy Sapp victory

Yeah, I think you guys used your own park to your advantage too a few years back....
SCK

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tight game, but if that game was on a regular sized pitch it would have been an easy Sapp victory

Yeah, I think you guys used your own park to your advantage too a few years back....
SCK

True enough. In fact the more "veteran" Sapp guys talk about that all the time. But it's now time for this team to get off Sapp; perhaps Queens Park Stadium come the new season. Joe Bell is coaching and we'll be changing our name to Queens Park Rangers.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it. The stadium is always a wonderful place to play especially under the lights. Good luck!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
W A B

Those Sapp roots are firmly placed pal.

Just checking out the free agency market and seeing who is available pal.;)

Gotta love that Sapperton Tadition!

Who knows......Maybe another Rangers vs Sapp b c tilt is shaping up here Bob.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, I don't think you understand your own posts sometimes?
First you said this,
"Remember, Sapp roots are deeper than Ranger roots."

Then you go and post only a few hours later this,
"Joe Bell is coaching and we'll be changing our name to Queens Park Rangers."

So it looks like Ranger roots are deeper!:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
W A B
Just checking out the free agency market and seeing who is available pal.;)
Who knows......Maybe another Rangers vs Sapp b c tilt is shaping up here Bob.

I think its called tampering. The penalty is 2 players for next year and a full cooler.

You want to play us again after we destroyed you 1-0 out at Hillcrest 6 years ago in the open?;) I hear you guys just can't let that one die.:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend:

Westside over Sapp. Too much firepower for Freddy's group. Sapp will battle though and should make it interesting...especially if WAB doesn't play.
Wickham over Van. Haven't see Van. United but I have seen Wickham. They play tough especially on their crappy home pitch.
22nd over Shaheen. Sir M. may disagree since these guys are his friends over on the North Shore?? If the Lions can beat mighty SU then they can take Shaheen also. Plus, I always go for the Italians...
Us and PCOV. Too close to call. But the party on Commercial will be fun. Hose will be close by at Fredricos but is on a diet. Low-fat pasta and salsice.
SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate Sapp, they have a lot of difficult and good players -- all a couple of years younger (and I know how that goes...)
Home field and incentive to Wickham.
Not sure about Shaheen, but Bobek and Shervin had an Open game and missed the WVFC game, if they are in the line-up they would be tough to bet against. (And Jason can be tough to score against inside the 30 M mark!)
Of course Inter... that tieing experience pays off now.

Will rely on SMEPR staff or Anti-Fan (from the tree house) for Griffin Reports, as will be in Italy tomorrow... buena fortuna!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grazie Colemanj. Buon viaggio...

" Crazie Coleman, you big vagina"

I am not a linguistics expert, but I am pretty sure SCK's italian message translates into: " Crazie Coleman, you big vagina" :D

recess is over back to my ESL class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0