Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home field and incentive to Wickham.
Not sure about Shaheen, but Bobek and Shervin had an Open game and missed the WVFC game, if they are in the line-up they would be tough to bet against. (And Jason can be tough to score against inside the 30 M mark!)

Will rely on SMEPR staff or Anti-Fan (from the tree house) for Griffin Reports, as will be in Italy tomorrow... buena fortuna!

Sir M knows very little about Shaheen other than he gets his hair cut every ten days at their founder's place, and has thus memorized, all in Italian, the entire Diego Maradona DVD. Plus there is a player of Iranain descent on their team who we picked up one year for the Osooyoos tournament who rented a jet ski and inadvertantly crossed into US waters whilst smoking a "marihuana cigarette", and brandishing a replica AK47.

That went over well with the American authorities.

In any event, it was a very tough personal decision whether to attend Griffin, Confederation or Ambleside this eve, but I am going to have to go watch the Imperial Cup game I am afraid (plus I hear there may be BBQ'd sausages on fresh Portuguese buns)...OK sorry for the cheap last ditch effort to get RF or SCP out to Ambleside... But hopefully staff members Anti-Fan, Bobby, or newly enlisted member "The Shah" can report back on the two Masters Cup games in NV...if they want to keep their jobs.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out at Bby Lake turf, Inter 1 PCOV nil. Shocking game really. I felt that PCOV had nothing to show tonight. From early on you could tell they were just praying for OT. Rob Z. had little action....few crosses and corner kicks. That's it! We scored with 3 to go and a great header from our defender who usually doesn't go up for them. That really set them back.
Second half things got interesting....Rob Z. got a clear elbow to the face. Straight red from Miro. After the mayhem, another two reds were given. What a shame! They really had an opportunity wasted by the reds...Once play resumed there wasn't much of a threat from them.
Team Starter: Your team will be happy to know that our player received a collapsed lung and possible broken rib from your number 14....the little dark guy....Complete wanker! If anyone has the opportunity to play him again they should take care of business. He has NO business being on the park. That should have been a straight red! We move on. They don't.
Next week its our CAT team, the lions who again surprised everyone by defeating Shaheen earlier tonight. I'd like to know if anyone has had their CAT team play for a provincial berth??
SCK

Calvin

Apr 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
....late report from North Vancouver......Wickham 6, Vancouver United 0.......result was never really in doubt.......not much to report other than not all black men look alike.....right Lane???

Pints flowed at Queens Cross Pub.......Aloha and Mahalo......

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out at Bby Lake turf, Inter 1 PCOV nil. Shocking game really. I felt that PCOV had nothing to show tonight. From early on you could tell they were just praying for OT. Rob Z. had little action....few crosses and corner kicks. That's it! We scored with 3 to go and a great header from our defender who usually doesn't go up for them. That really set them back.
Second half things got interesting....Rob Z. got a clear elbow to the face. Straight red from Miro. After the mayhem, another two reds were given. What a shame! They really had an opportunity wasted by the reds...Once play resumed there wasn't much of a threat from them.
Team Starter: Your team will be happy to know that our player received a collapsed lung and possible broken rib from your number 14....the little dark guy....Complete wanker! If anyone has the opportunity to play him again they should take care of business. He has NO business being on the park. That should have been a straight red! We move on. They don't.
Next week its our CAT team, the lions who again surprised everyone by defeating Shaheen earlier tonight. I'd like to know if anyone has had their CAT team play for a provincial berth??
SCK

What a load of shite, I never elbowed RZ in the face, what a frickin joke. That horrendous acting job by that NO CLASS piece of garbage, ruined the game when we were starting to take over. Miro appologized after the game for the incorrect call. Karma 's gonna get you guys thanks to RZ. I wouldn't talk about a 5"2 115Lb guy taking out tino who's tackling is quite suspect at the best of times. Whenever we meet again I suggest you sit out RZ as pay back will come over and over and over again.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with Team Starter about RZ taking it to a new level of sportsmanship!:eek: I honestly thought RZ was a school principal, not a classless acting teacher! Guy's on Inter where even embarassed about what he did, as they knew that he was full of sh*t rolling around complaining that he got slahed in the throat. This also led to the scrum and the 2 other red's handed out, all over a bullshit acting job! For a guy that supposedly got smashed in the throat, it sure didn't seem to shut up his piehole. PCOV was starting to press hard, until this fiasco happened! Inter won't go far in Provincials, if this is there tactic to win games! Good luck to the remaining teams in the Cup.:)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside A 3-1 Sapperton

Wilmsy with a brace. Sapperton missed a 1st half pk, but were awarded a second pk at about the 85min mark which they scored from.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miro missed many calls plain and simple. Rob Z. may have barely been hit....Why you would go after him after a simple cross is beyond me...You had little opportunities really. You defend all game and wonder why you lost. BTW: your little guy had no intention of playing the ball...that is why our guy(who is not always clean I will add) is spending the next little while with a collapsed lung, broken thumb, and three cracked ribs. He works like all of us on Monday!
Think about that while you guys are waiting for next season. We are not in the provincials yet. We'll need to defeat our CAT team who play fair and good soccer.
SCK

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
9:15 Sunday morning, I figured I would get an early jump on the warm up. Richey is lining the field and I am second to show. Sapp has 16 guys out already. I am not sure if they partied there the night before, but they were clearly there for the game. They definitely ran at us the first half, missing the spotter. In the second half, we finally woke up. Wilmsy with a brilliant chip for 1-0. Wilmsy again from the side with a brilliant top corner shot. 2-0. Lots of pressure and finally Ricky slots it. 3-0. With 2 minutes to go, a flurry in our 18, the ball hits Pat's tricept as he is looking the other way, picking up a guy and the ref gives a sympathy shot. 3:1, end of game.

Looking forward to an always tough match against Wickham.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the WS/Sapp game, and it was a good game. I thought that Sapperton severely took it to WS for about the first hour, and Merks was his usual brilliant self. Its funny, I had a chat with Peter near the end of the 1st half, and we commented that this was just the type of game WS might win: Merk standing on his head, and then WS counter-attacking. Wside's Wilms scored two first class goals, but after that wow did Sapp press. Unfortunately, the latter side started getting on eachother near the end. The PK on the WS player was a fair call. I was standing off at the NW end of the pitch and had a really good view: the WS player swatted the ball out of the air with his hand (although he may have been fouled first). And the WS goaltender almost saved the Peno.

All in all, WS were their usual gutsy selves and ground out the win. But watching Sapp (pre-meltdown at least) I agree with WAB that this is a team you do not want to play.

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just waiting for the complaints about the field from WAB........they could always have played at that excellent pitch...McBride Park!

Cheers!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i watched the pcov/inter game friday night... I have never seen a bunch of babies from the inter sideline. At the same time i was embarassed to see what the goalie of inter did. I watched the pcov player tap him as he was walking by... Next thing i noticed the inter goalie on the ground gasping for air, he was holding onto his neck and rolling around like he had been shot!!! It was horrible!!! Shocking to see that from a guy who has been playing soccer for many years!! Also i saw the whole play between the inter forward and the short brown guy from pcov.. If the pcov player did not put his shoulder out the inter forward would of demolished him cause he was going in sideways on the pcov player!!! i guess what comes around goes around! Good luck SCK next week... ( Next year i hope you get stamped by #14):bronco:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From your comments on the last post, sounds like you, Fantabulous, haven't played for awhile. Last time I checked a good tackle means that you get a piece of the ball. #14 made no attempt at the ball, he put his should down directly towards TP's chest...Any guy would have gone down..He also made a brutal tackle attempt at me..Half volley to my gut area...Could have received a yellow for that too! I don't come on here and make threats btw. We just try and play masters football. If I was too direct on the last one, blame it on the nightcaps after our victory. Just ask Coach about that. If he wants to play that way, I'll let the referees take care of things.
SCK

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9:15 Sunday morning, I figured I would get an early jump on the warm up. Richey is lining the field and I am second to show. Sapp has 16 guys out already. I am not sure if they partied there the night before, but they were clearly there for the game... and the ref gives a sympathy shot. 3:1, end of game.

We always show up 1 hour before game time. A sympathy call is when a ref feels sorry for a team that has been outclassed by an opponent. If you feel that's the case, well enjoy your dream land that also includes fast cars and faster women.

Wilms 2nd was a beaut, but the first was a clear foul on our defenseman. Wilms even admitted so; as Waechter went up for the header, Wilms shoved him from behind and thus put him on the break. As for the pitch, well a little small with the curling rink going in, but no big deal.

Missed PK, Arnie's header was over the line, we flat out missed a dozen chances. The ball was in your 18 for 1/4 of the game.

Say what you want, Sapp gave you that game. I have no problem saying that if we have a chance to play you again, we will win without question. The only thing in doubt will be the score. If it's our home draw in the BCs (if we get in), we will play on turf or a regular size field and we will run you in the ground. Stick this up on your dressing room board and get as motivated as you want, I really hope you do because I know there won't be a second Houdini act.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it:D There could be some interesting games in the BC's. And if not then, next season. Like someone said earlier.... " We all have to go to work the next day" Let's keep it real;)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missing all the Cup games being away, and now tonight, missing a UEFA Cup game here in Firenze -- Florentina and Everton battling tonight. My neice wanted to go with me, and only £10 Euros! But it was snowing earlier, and cold -- Flaimer and Umberto Conforti will kill me, I know. Much warmer inside with a macciato and a limoncello... few blue shirted louts trying some singing outside, pathetic scene after witnessing the English in Koln. Everything is pay TV here, so no Champions League or Uefa Cup games on the tube, suffering withdrawl here in the capital of calcio.

Wish I was back for the Westside v Wickham clash Sunday AM, I know the guys will be up for it. Hoping they can pull one out, looking forward to a meaningful game in April again!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination....from what I remember....we'll take the win though and move on into the finals. Congrats to the lions for making the semis.
Taxman: You'll have to go to Disneyland without me....I'll see about going later in the summer..hopefully.
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are just reporting in now, and are confirming both scores. Staff also report that out of the VMSL Masters, the following teams have now qualified for Provincial Cup competition (in alphabetical order):

Cliff Ave
Columbus
Inter
Westside
West Van

Which means a 1 game playoff for the final BCs spot between Sapperton and Surrey Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0