Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you were only giving one example. Now, that is one hell of a shot though...
Trece, thanks for the history lesson. You really know your stuff for an east end guy....
Maybe the visionaries will get it back on track some day, or not.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you go to the Firefighters Club, downstairs in the change room there used to be newspaper clippings for each decade starting in the 60's going to the 90's. Anyways, they were clippings of Vancouver FF soccer history and the players who played for them. There were also many pictures of Callister Park and games going on. Teams like Tottenham coming over to play BC Selects, with the likes of Ken Pears in goal, who had many offers from English teams, to Hutton, Les Wilson, and many more. I used to spend hours there after training just reading. It was actually quite inspiring.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
much like the open imperial cup draw, i have a hard time accepting that the division 1 teams get a bye past the "preliminary round". the worst div 1 team (lobbans at the bottom of the standings) gets a bye into the round of 16 againts another div 1 team...shite show.

I can't complain about the RCIU draw ...but I agree with Small's here.(....wha?)

what is the reasoning for div 1 teams getting the bye in the first round ?
it's no slag at them and i understand the picks must come out of a hat or something .... everybody all the same .....all fair happy nice nice ..

but Premier div teams have earned or maintained their position in the Premier Div .
shouldn't it work that div 1 teams have to playoff each other and then if Needed the premier teams get pooled together to have a team or teams drawn for the prelim round ....
(I would say the same thing if Div 2 teams were involved and they
got a bye over a Div 1 team )

if a translation is required ....cut and paste to MR Base please

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is tradition, look at the FA Cup, open draw, no excuses, still some a few non-Premier matchups late into the rounds... we live all year to play against the best in these games, what is the problem? Do you think Zanatta cared who he played against? Lobbans or Cosmos, they all had to test their shin strength, like it or not...

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is tradition, look at the FA Cup, open draw, no excuses, still some a few non-Premier matchups late into the rounds... we live all year to play against the best in these games, what is the problem? Do you think Zanatta cared who he played against? Lobbans or Cosmos, they all had to test their shin strength, like it or not...

Noted and well put

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
look at the FA Cup, open draw, no excuses, still some a few non-Premier matchups late into the rounds...

it is not an open draw for the entire FA Cup...lower division teams play "preliminary rounds" and are joined well into the "proper draw" competition by the div 3 teams for the 1st two rounds and championship and premier teams in the 3rd round on...from that point it is a random draw.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is not an open draw for the entire FA Cup...lower division teams play "preliminary rounds" and are joined well into the "proper draw" competition by the div 3 teams for the 1st two rounds and championship and premier teams in the 3rd round on...from that point it is a random draw.

Noted and well put

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been kicked in the shins by Zanatta. I've got the scars to prove it, and I'll only charge you $5 to see them.

Actually, I think I might have kicked him back once or twice as well...:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
File this under the WTF category:

MFFF vs Westside Bulldogs 1-0 Default

Why enter the bloody cup if you're going to default your first game?

Congrats to MFFF for moving on to the sweet 16.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were terrified to play us on "Friday the 13th".............:eek:

Of course anyone who believes this...I've got some Waterfront property in Florida I could sell:D

To the rest of you who have to play....Good Luck!

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the Bulldogs refused to play on a Friday night.
Sunday 10 am, no exceptions
11 am? no good! Sunday 10 am, no exceptions!

They better hope they never get to Premier, they'll lose 7 games by default.

Bull - ocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0