Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you will need to worry about them getting to premier WAB....I think Restricted plays for them and he ain't getting any younger...

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK - I must confess - I offered them some free tax advice for throwing the game - they thought TFSA meant The Footbal Soccer Association and not Tax Free Savings Account ... go figure - we are now in the midst of determining what night is not good for Wickham to play.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2 - Romania 0. Could have been quite a few more. They were actually pretty good, but not in great shape.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 2
Cliff Ave 1

2-0 at the half, could have been more.

Sat back a bit to start the second half, but they didn't generate anything... they then started to push and we had about 16 odd man rushes but couldn't put that third one in.

PK with 5 to go (and me having a bit of a coniption as a result of) but that was it.

Cliff had no subs... must be disappointing for them.

Onto Sapp, can't wait!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 2
Cliff Ave 1

Cliff had no subs... must be disappointing for them.

Onto Sapp, can't wait!
You look at the inconsistent play by a lot of Master teams, as well as the wild swings in scores, and it usually comes down to the commitment of players on the day. The most consistent team is RCIU - 20 players every game. We haven't been that bad, either - usually 14 -16. Westside & Cliff has been all over the map. Even when we were down a man against Cliff, GT went off due to an injury and we played 10 v.10 the rest of the way.

So we have to play you 2 times over the next few weeks - could get nasty!:) Do you prefer turf or grass, Regs? :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't matter, we are equally inconsistent on either surface, pick your poison.

:D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You look at the inconsistent play by a lot of Master teams, as well as the wild swings in scores, and it usually comes down to the commitment of players on the day. The most consistent team is RCIU - 20 players every game. We haven't been that bad, either - usually 14 -16. Westside & Cliff has been all over the map. :

There seems to be a linear relationship between the standard deviation of performance and aging. I suppose that could be a true statement in a lot of things :eek: The only thing that is inverse to this is the rationalizations on why the performance is poor. That just gets better with age;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Freddy's saying......the older you are,the more inconsistent(incontinent:eek:).....No?:confused:

Cheers!

Is the next round this weekend?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Scotty. You must have been the product of a Burnaby edjificashun.:D

He said: "the older we get, the better our excuses get." What he should have said was: "the older we get, the better we were."

Cheers bruddah,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The West Van/Alemania game has finally been sorted out. It will go on Saturday at 2PM on Ambleside B grass. If it is a nice day, it is hard to beat that venue, BBQ and total sausage party afterwards potentially.

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
total sausage party afterwards potentially.

Sir M

Okay...in some circles...the above phrase has a totally different meaning:eek:

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB Predictions
(Round of 16)

Sapperton Rovers vs. Surrey United - 2-1: All scoring in the 2nd half 1-0, 1-1, 2-1

Wickham FC vs. Metro-Ford Firefighters - 2-4: MFFF finally fills the net. I was going to go with Wickham due to MFFF always missing easy chances, but then I got this sense that every time they shoot this week, they'll score.

PCOV “A” vs. Westside FC “A” - 3-2 OT: Tough one. This depends on the Westside roster. Can go either way.

Meraloma SC vs. RCIU Athletics - 0-3: Ugly, ugly game at Connaught. 1 in the 1st, 2 in the last 15 min.

West Van FC vs. KLM Alemania - 4-0: Danny with 2. 2 in each half.

SFU Royals vs. Lobbans FC - 2-1. Rubber match. SFU is higher in the standings.

Columbus FC vs. ICSF Inter - 2-0: I will not predict an upset. Thus it will probably happen.

22nd. Avenue Lions vs Shaheen FC 1-2 PK: 1 win, 1 tie vs 22 Ave. Shaheen keeps it going.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU over Sapperton in OT, SU needs this more than Sapp!
Wickham over MFFF by 2
RCIU in a cakewalk over Meraloma
Westvan takes the piss all over the park on KLM Alemania, how's that for a POWER RANKING!:eek:
Lobbans over SFU
In an all ITAL derby Columbus gets past Inter by a spaghetti noodle!
Shaheen will show their Persian Pride and knock off the Lions.

Game of the week has the Pork Chops taking revenge from their big let down two weeks ago against Westside. With Marcus out for WS, PCOV turns up the heat on a chilly friday night and wins by 2!:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what colours (esp shirts and socks) Alemania wears?

It will be a 2PM kickoff at Ambleside grass Saturday, it is supposed to be sunny and at least 12 degress Celsius and there will be beverages and potentially BBQ'd "sausages"/etc available outside our clubhouse. All are invited.

Sir M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0