Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters] Banter/Results January 2007

Thanks. I do not see there is any way that the Wickham game is going to go ahead this eve, there is about 4 inches of snow on Griffin and it isn't melting.

Which means the under 2.5 is the winner!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs..who took that nice photo of you..in your "older" age? Have fun tomorrow!

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-1 SU

And then there were none...undefeated teams that is.

SU went up early outmanning us in our 18 on a corner (or cross ball?) and then GC scored what he called one of his "top 3" to equalize 10 minutes later: a 35 yarder that gave the keeper the spins in the high wind and then a late corner went in for the good guys courtesy of TB, the ever-gracious host and webmaster, on an OG finished nicely I understand tucked upstairs, top-shelf where Grandma keeps the KY Warming Liquid.

I heard it was a pretty even game with the SU boys maybe still digesting a little turkey post-festivus...all heresay though as I wasn't there to cheer on the boys in deepest, darkest Surrey.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter if you were there we may at least have had a New Years nip of Scotch in the gale (is it always that windy out in Cloverdale?)

It was a very good game to watch, WS taking it to Surrey in the 1st half and SU very much taking it to WS in the 2nd. Merkel was MOTM in my opinion.

Bit of a cruel result for Surrey I thought, a tie would have been just, but WS are churning out late results recently.

What will happen in this week's rankings I wonder?

PS: GC's goal was from about 23 yards.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, that's Kerrisdale arena beside Pt. Grey turf, not Killarney. George Thoroughgood rocked it pretty good circa '81,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I really wished I closed my eyes on that one :(

Of all times to hit a ball squarely :(

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter my apologies, I meant to reply to your post and I somehow deleted the first part of it...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
I really wished I closed my eyes on that one :(

Of all times to hit a ball squarely :(

Oh yes, you hit it pure. If I could have someone come out and demo to my U-15 team how to hit a volley, inside of the foot, carefully and meticulously placed, that would be it. :D :D

In all fairness, a tie would be a decent and fair result, but Westside are a bunch of smart players who are clever enough to pull a win out of a probable draw.

Merkel will not be beat on any typical shot, it has to be a good one, kinda like Reg's shot. :D

No worries, and just having fun with Regs because on a day like today, it could have been anyone, and it just happened to be the webmaster, who otherwise had a very good game.

I just got home from the clubhouse by the way. That's a long day!:knvb:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, I understand that you were there? Why did you not join us for a pint after the game?

And how do you keep your hair from blowing away in the wind? :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was there BB. After about 20 minutes, I couldn't stand the cold any longer and went and grabbed a coif so as to be even be more incognito, also an excellent way to keep the heavily gelled 'do in place I have learned recently from Jua. Thanks for the offer but I am not built for that cold wind, so I booked it as soon as the final whistle blew...

PS your club's A team was up one bagel with about 20 to go up here in the hills when I left so as to not be exposed to the Mrs when I said I was going to drop by London Drugs for some pathway salt for a few minutes and had actually snuck by the park...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, you managed to delete the beginning and the end of my post, wtf? It was a particularly clever one too...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know it was, I was trying to reply and hit the wrong button. I am sorry it was a mistake. Post it again.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I note that we have not heard much at all from SCP or from SCK for that matter lately. Anyway, I am willing to toss out my predictions for this week, although looking out the window at the moment there is a blizzard going on in North Van. (And just by coincidence Mrs Sir M is out for the evening).

PCOV at home to Metro Ford Friday eve: I am going to go out on a limb here a bit and call for a tie.

Richmond at home to West Van also on Friday eve: Hard to say at this point if more then about 8 WV players can make the trek to Minoru by 7 PM.

Inter at home to SFU: Inter.

Surrey at home to Wickham on Sunday: Sir M will not be wrong again in predicting SU this weekend. SU.

Westside at home to VFF. West side were quite impressive last week. But VFF are famous at grinding out draws, so I will say a tie.

Columbus at home to Sapperton. I note that the Sapp Prem side plays on Sat, but are fighting a relegation battle, but may have a couple of helpers out on Sunday. Columbus now on form...another tie I predict.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sir m: scp vactioning in Maui with Mrs.Scp...i need the brownie points in order for the big scottsdale golf tournament in May...

aloha

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I predict no one playing this weekend..want do you think..am I going out on that frctured limb or what? Weather is just not agreeing with us is it...maybe we should all get together for snow touch football the kind those high priced CFL(haha)players play in Winterpeg..good for some beers afterward anyway. Have fun shovelling.......

Cheers!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M
I think you can untie the Dogs from the Sled for the game Friday @ Minoru
I live two Blocks from the pitch and can't see it being played
I think we are all going to be running into make up games during the week

somebody phone "Rankin and Bass" and get the Heat -Miser out of retirement
T

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shame about the snow, I was going to ask about borrowing the Audi for the Eastern road trip...

Looks like the Saturday game at Willingdon is the only one going ahead (the snow brings out the best in us.) To stay in form, I predict that the Reds take out the Colours this week 4 - 3 in a closely fought game.

Trece, I'm expecting the post-game plinking contest to be especially intense on an icy-parking lot.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

They have posted this week's schedule on the Excellent site.

And it is identical to last week's schedule.

The over/under line on games being played this weekend is .5

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking at the forecast for the week weather wise...we'll be playing by late Febuary if we're lucky....or are we going to play two a week to catch up..the "we" being us guys who have only played 8 games...fun fun...another week to get rid of the turkey gut..or the bowl games beer belly..or the nfl couch stomach...could keep going...nah..enjoy the time with your families...it'll make them appreciate the Sundays you "AREN'T" there...

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
The over/under line on games being played this weekend is .5

OK no fair, the PCOV/MF is now on turf on Sunday morning.

Line is moved to 1.5. We get one free move before Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0