Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters November 2006 Banter/Results

BRM 5
PCOV 3

Where to start other than the downpour endured for the full 90?

It was 2-2 after 15 minutes - defensive miscues, a PK, an OG - it was destined to be a long night :D

We didn't really play particularly well, but I think the Portugeuse can take some of that credit. Easily the fittest team we have faced and when they counter... holy fcuk... mighty ducks flying vee stuff.

Fortunately for us, they are not as good defending as they are going forward :D

Muzz with 2 and Marini with 1 in the second half sealed the deal. Fonseca got sent off with about 15 minutes to go.

The only other thing worth mentioning was that Skip kept mouthing off at Rene. Or maybe Skip was Aves' ventriloquist dummy :D

Hi Rene!

Attachments

• 4f_1_b.jpg
    4f_1_b.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 43

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

regs: just got home...we didn't beat you guys but i won the big poker match...we can't make mistakes because your team made us pay big time...sir m they deserve to be rank no.1 and danny v just left the club about 30 minutes and say thanx for me, he just made my car payment and paid for my family's winter vacation....good night

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

colemanj said:
Any word out there on Wickham/MF?

The excellent site is reporting a 2-1 MF victory if you havent already heard CJ...

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let me guess, another loss in the last five minutes... we've got to sack Roeder.

Let's hope we are back to battling after an off week, I predict we start peaking this next week. Cold nasty weather is maybe what we needed to get all hands out.

I'll bet it was feisty, will send a game report when Bob checks in with his weekly summary.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
The only other thing worth mentioning was that Skip kept mouthing off at Rene. Or maybe Skip was Aves' ventriloquist dummy :D

Hi Rene!

I feel I must respond.......:D

Here is the dialogue Regs makes reference to, after calling a foul on me:

Rene: In an emphatic voice "You know what you did"!!
Skip: Calmly "No....but let's move on"
Rene: Grabbing me on the shoulder, and in an angry voice "You know what you did"!!
Skip: "Please don't touch me"
Rene: Even more angry now "Oh, I'm sorry, do we have a problem"?!....slapping me on the shoulder as he smiles a psychotic smile
Skip: Whispering and smiling slightly "Cocky"

......at this point, with Chip in my face trying to goat me into giving him a reason to pull out some colour, I realized he might be going for another one year ban! The whisperings ceased, and I glanced over to see Regs giggling at me on the pitch.

The whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me Rene!

~S

P.S. Ave's ventriloquist dummy?! ......nice. :D

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

MF 2-1 over Wickham.

Wickham only had 12 guys I think to our 14. Pretty mellow game, nothing silly either way. They run alot but that is about it, actually thought they were better last year but that may be due to guys missing or guys packing it in from last year.

Could have been an ugly score if we finished half our chances and their keeper made some nice saves off Meers (should of had 5 or 6 goals, seriously) and Joe Billy. Pretty much one way traffic with them getting their goal on their only shot after we finished fcuking around with it in the back line.

Carry on......

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene is an idiot...he needs to be refereeing kids...someone on his own level...what's with the touching,he thinks it's funny,but touch him you're gone...what an idiot!

Cheers!

by the way Zac has 2 more goals from last week to be added to his 4..maybe more tomorrow as Sap is my fav team to play..just ask them.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

A few predictions for this upcoming week, assuming at this point that all games go ahead:

Wickham at home to West Van Friday at Griffin: Wickham fairly easily. Their A side plays Sunday at noon, WV's A side plays now out at Knarles Barkley turf Friday eve at the same time as the old boys...and just now ready to come back Stevie Mac did his calf again last night...give me strength.

And on Sunday:

Inter at home to PCOV. This will be an interesting game, but PCOV are without Tony Fonseca, have been a bit loose at the back of late, and Inter are at home: Inter, but in a one or two goal game.

Surrey United at home to Sapperton Rovers: Sapp may compete, their Premier side goes on Sat aft so if they are not too stiff a few of their A side guys could be available...SU seem to be at home a lot these days, and are very tough there, but, Sir M is calling a tie here.

Vancouver Firefighters at home to Richmond United: RU are improving, VFF are prone to tie, but...Firefighters by one or two, or three actually.

Westside at home to Metro-Ford. A great old rivalry. Because they are at home, Westside by one.

SFU Alumni at home to Columbus. Huge advantage to Columbus by not having to play up in the clouds on Friday at 9, and instead at a field they view as home on the turf in Burnaby on Sunday...and be done in time for the latest in a series of Baptisms. Columbus comfortably.

Any other thoughts?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Futbol
Someone has to toot.....shouldn't you be posting in your own thread?? I know..it's just as dull as playing out there.....how are things at 19? Almost had you coming to #1 on D shift.....almost.

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

West Van vs Wickham...West Van by 2
Columbus vs SFU...should be easy for columbus
Firefighters vs Richmond...FF by 1 in a close match
Surrey United vs Sapp...SU by 1
Westside vs Metro-Ford...i will take MF in this game
Inter vs PCOV...yes, we are missing fonseca but we will show up with the BBQ...SCK don't forget the buns and sausages..tie

scp

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stay strong, Sir M....

My picks:

Wickham/WVan -Are you kidding Sir M? WV will be up for this one no matter how they played last weekend in Surrey. WV by three or four

ICSF/PCOV -Will be close. Inter are still missing RZ in the pipes but will rely on their stellar D. Missing a couple of frontrunners as well... Hopefully a tie.

SU/Sapp -Easily MOTW. If Sapp get all of their guys out, they'll win a close one. Possibly SU's first loss.

FF/Richmond -FF will score...Many times. An easy win for Scottyshell's group

Westside/MF -Almost the MOTW. Merks will be better. Westside by one. However, is JC showing up before halftime??

SFU/Columbus - Some of the IT's are getting tired of losing. They'll come out on top this weekend on the turf. By Two.

Good luck to all in their matches this weekend.

SCK

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Futbol - this is for you :
It is much easier to grow a team when there are so many familes moving out there. Actually the Fireman were at the leading edge of trying to take advantage of this situation in terms of the over 35's.

A few years back we relocated our farm team out to Surrey to play in the FVSL with the hopes of attracting more talent. However, that didn't work and the team needed to merge with another struggling squad.... but as Sir M has observed this season and as indicated in the power rankings this is not proving successful.
I imagine the next move will be to Abbotsford.

:eek: :eek:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

West Van vs Wickham... 0-0 tie

Columbus vs SFU...Columbus by 3

Firefighters vs Richmond...FF by 3 - flood gates will open as >15 expected - sorry T-Idiot but Coach says we have to win to deserve our ranking

Surrey United vs Sapp...Sapp by 1

Westside vs Metro-Ford... Westside by 1 Fidds will miss a left footed sitter

Inter vs PCOV...Inter by 2

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

A sad week of picks, averaging only 1 tie over the weekend -- not what I like to see. Lots of close games out there, if everyone squeezes the stick I think we could squeeze three in again.

Back this Friday, so looking forward to seeing Sir M's squad, will have to check the schedule to see if he's sandbagging. With the proximity to the Lynnwood on a Friday night though, can't imagine that they'll muster a full 11.

Do we only cross-over once? Does this mean no Sunday afternoon game at Ambleside? Rats!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coleman, unfortunately we have been scheduled more crossover games away than at home this year.

We will wear white tomorrrow eve unless you guys have any strong objections. Let me know.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Coleman, unfortunately we have been scheduled more crossover games away than at home this year.

We will wear white tomorrrow eve unless you guys have any strong objections. Let me know.

Didn't Mrs Sir M, teach you anything? You never wear white after Labour Day. Unless you are the SCDMTD...

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good to hear back from Scootyshell,....# 1D, very interesting........ Tuff to keep up with those guys and anyways I still haven't finnished serving my punishment........................................
Taxman, now that your the official spokesman for the mighty F.F.'s, don't let the facts ruin a good story.............Your spoon will never be BIG enough!..........................................Give me strength.......

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman

Apologize not neccessary
See ya Sunday

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online