Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough game on the turf tonight. Especially after the three week layoff for us. We were a depleted bunch with few guys showing up. The brits made a go of it especially in the first fifteen until we seemed to get our legs. They hit the bar on a nice crack and we did the same off their goalies hands. Would he do that again?? We put one away at the 30th mark on a beautiful ball by MC to yours truly. One nil.

Missed chances after that and we let them come at us again. We really defended well especially against their big guy up front who held the ball well.

Can't say they defended well though since we really should have put it away earlier in the first fifty minutes.

Sorry to ruin your prediction Sir M. Hope you had better luck in the cards especially against SCP. He'll gladly take your money.

On to Westside next week...Probably not.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCk good result for you.... ColemanJ you guys are always tuff at home and are probably unlucky to not have a few more points from your home games...at least from the ones i have seen. Any ways..... poker is just about over for tonight. Brolly and ginger are going head to head.... Dany is off to borrow some money, and sir M is placing bets at coliseum (yes it is open) Fungi vs Spicy potatoe..... Fungi running away with it right now. JAGs is on route.......Yawn and look to the left. Bro wins Poker, on a Penalty shot, Glen suter is still sipping his Jagr Bomb. Fungi takes top Pizza and sapperton still has the worst home field.

Bear cub!

Put an egg in your shoe.....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
0439 for this one. Up early to watch the Manchester Derby?

Have fun on your daytrip to (yawn look to the left) Kamloops.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3 - SFU 3. It was early, wet, on turf, we didn't have our whole squad out, the ball wasn't inflated properly, we didn't finish our chances because the sun was in our eyes . . . yes excuses are like a$$holes. Everyone has one and they all smell. We took it to them, with a ton of opportunities. They responded and finished 3 of their first 4-5 opportunities . . .and really could have had another one or two. Their goalie stood on his head, and Steve up front ripped a 38 yarder with a postage stamp on it. Well played SFU. I think we need to wait for the new year so we can all make some new year's resolutions.
A tough 2 points to give up.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out at Ambleside today it was West Van 4, PCOV 2. Both sides missing lots of players. The PCOV goaltender made in my estimation 4 absolutely blinder saves in the first half. WV goal scorers were Brolly and Danny with one each, and Dickens with one, and Stevie Mac who hammered one home in his first game this year, actually in a few years, and after watching him today, this is Sir M...:)

Jua was out to watch after yesterday's successful knee surgery as well.

Guys will bitch about Paul Ward today, but even if we were not fond of his performance, if this was a poor day, I will take that performance every game, it is at a different, and superior, level.

Seriously.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ColemanJ..."West Van vs PCOV: West Van needs this one badly to curb hurt of possible financial losses later in the evening -- bonus prediction of a bear cub goal!"

ColemanJ, can you please tell me what Lotto numbers to play this week as well?:knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice first goal since July 7, 2004 Chort. Actually it was. I am serious. But anyway here are my picks for this weeks games, assuming they all go ahead (NOT), but it is between the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Canucks game...so here are my picks:

Metro Ford at Home to Sapperton on the turf: Sapp, because I figure their Prem team will not play.

PCOV at home at TBA to Richmond...SCP what happened did you get bumped off of Bby turf? Anyway, PCOV.

Westside at home to Inter. Lets just imagine that this one goes ahead: tie.

Firefighters at home to Wickham at Riverway: let us speculate that this one goes ahead: VFF.

West Van at home to Columbus: We will fantasize that this goes ahead, Ollies first game since summer: could go either way, or not.

SFU hosting Surrey: Surrey Utd, but Friday Dec 15 on the hill at 9 sucks for the Surrey guys. Really.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it is time for my predictions (certainties) then...

4 10 22 35 42 47

a tie

no Bear Cub goals

and no panties Wed night

I await the results...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
I guess it is time for my predictions (certainties) then...

4 10 22 35 42 47

a tie

no Bear Cub goals

and no panties Wed night

I await the results...

the bear cub is a bit of a streaker, I mean streaky player. I would bet he scores this weekend again. After the long bear Cub drought, he will again be like ole Faithful! :wa:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Sir M...we're not playing...Burnaby has already closed the park...see you all in the New Year...feast feast feast...but we're back early in Jan...oh well..little running ..back and forth to the fridge for beer...

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see our game going ahead tonight up on the hill with this storm.

Unless someone has a chainsaw to cut through the trees :confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey SCP, I see you are at home this evening to Richmond out in Richmond.

Whats with that?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I can't see our game going ahead tonight up on the hill with this storm.

Unless someone has a chainsaw to cut through the trees :confused:

~regs~ me old radish....with all the firefighters on The BRM there should be no reason for games to be cancelled because of a little shrubbery and debris:confused:.... chainsaws should be the least of your concerns:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up on the frozen tundra tonite:

BRM 4
SFU 0

Muzz with 3 and Farqs with the other. Some nice stuff at times but the looong layoff showed a few times with that final touch just not quite there (except for Muzz I suppose :D )

Good luck to those playing this weekend still and Happy Holidays to the lot of ya!

Cheers,

~Regs.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC 3 Inter 2

Not a pretty game at all today at Hastings. We had two leads before giving a terrible third goal in the last ten. Give them credit. They countered and scored their three chances on the day. Three goals doesn't seem too bad there Freddie.... I might add their pick up in goal faired well in the pipes after B. went down with an ankle injury. Also, Colin in the middle of the park played well with lots of composure. Nice to see him out in the Masters at least for now.

Overall, not a good result but we're on a break. Maybe we'll get a regular keeper back plus a few missing bodies next year. Sir M, too bad you left early. The sausages were rather good...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if I knew SCK... I would not have left! I am sure you are disappointed with the result (not as disappointed as I am to find out that I missed out on sausages...actually I am sure probably not)... but from a completely not rooting for either team (I like them both) to win perspective it was as a very entertaining game to watch, right to the end.

Cold comfort for Inter I suppose though.

I thought that Walks had another in a series of quality games, although he should have dropped by Seymours afterwards.

PS: Is RZ going to play this year?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M: With him, you never know....After all, he is forty soon.
More importantly, guys are concerned with the Power Rankings. Will we drop significantly? Only you know I guess.

SCK

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK - I couldn't make the game, but got the brief from a few that were there. Sounds like a tough fought game but a nice finish from our 50 year old vetran, Doug, scoring the winner with a couple minutes to go. Wish I had been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0