Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters November 2006 Banter/Results

My this week's VMSL Masters Premier predictions:

Surrey United hosting Inter at CAP...Such a tough place to play, especially in the winter at 10 on a Sunday, sorry SCK, but I pick Surrey United.

SFU hosting Firemen up at SFU on Friday evening (if Sir M had the VFF shift schedule he would be much more accurate in his predictions methinks)...but turf, up on the hill, 9 at night...tie game.

Wickham at home to Westside on Friday at William Griffin. Hmmm. Interesting game, another extremely tough place to visit, I am going again with a tie game.

Columbus hosting Richmond at BLSCW at 9 on Sunday. Turf: Columbus.

West Van FC hosting Metro Ford: Rain out.

Sapperton hosting PCOV (unless it gets switched from Sapperton Park): Rain out.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey over Inter
Firemen - its a good night
Westside- Wickham - tie
Columbus - Richmond - tie
West Van -MF - WV
Sapp - PCOV - tie

Rankings - Firemen to 4th with a convincing victory.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Sir M. No apologies needed. Hell, I'd pick them as well. First place and all. They score goals and also give up only a few. And, apparently they haven't had MUCH competition so far this year...

What's Cloverdale, turf or grass? I have heard of more crappy weather our way. After all, I wouldn't want to cross the bridge and not play.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said:
Hey Sir M. No apologies needed. Hell, I'd pick them as well. First place and all. They score goals and also give up only a few. And, apparently they haven't had MUCH competition so far this year...

What's Cloverdale, turf or grass? I have heard of more crappy weather our way. After all, I wouldn't want to cross the bridge and not play.

SCK:

It is grass, and if you look out the window at the moment, the weather out there when we were there was way worse. They are a team that fits their home field well, a team like VFF, or Wickham or Surrey Rangers would give them trouble out there in my view. But 10 AM way out there is so tough. If this keeps up, though, I dont think anyone will play anywhere on grass in this league this weekend.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said:

Park off of 168th past the tennis courts because there is a big football tourney there(relocated from the dome I hear due to the Stones concert.) + apparently no changerooms avail due to the football thang (before or after)

So you've got to drive to Surrey and you have shite parking and no changerooms...no pints...unlucky. Be sure to bring a sponge and a dishtowel:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aves said:
and you have shite parking and no changerooms...no pints...unlucky. Be sure to bring a sponge and a dishtowel:D

same for us by the way...unlucky.:eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great! Oh, the days of home field advantage... (It can't be worse than Sapp Park, right?)

We're used to not showering.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wasn't going to say anything SCK. But since you brought it up, that's the only reason you've been somewhat successful scoring over the last couple of years: no defenders want to get close to you...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Damn it, Peter. The secret's out... The wife doesn't even like me. I guess I'll have to REALLY start somewhat scoring goals. Afterall, we don't have that many.

What's the feeling out there for our games? Will they be cancelled once again? The thought of a day trip to the burbs sounds real inviting... Shower or no shower.

SCK

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think we may jut be snowed out on Friday night at SFU - at least we will have all 20 guys out.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 0- Wickam 0. It was a cold night in North Van on Friday, but fortunately the winds stayed at bay. Both teams obviously missing a lot of players (1-2 subs each). Westside held the control of the game with quite a few chances including one that rattled off the cross bar in the first half. Wickam came out stronger at the beginning of the second half with a sniff or two at net (one power shot that hit their own player). They hit the hail Mary ball for their forward to run onto, but without too much difficulty in defending. Westside put on the pressure through to the end of the game, but just couldn't convert a number of good chances. Is it just me, or does that field encourage you to lift the ball (shots over net were common). That is the second time I have played on that field and I have discovered that I am allergic to it - my old knees and back can't take the punishment of that hard undersurface. Hey Wickam - how about coming up with a grass field next year - even if it isn't in N.Van? Good game considering a 3 week hiatus.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vff 3 - SFU 1
Andy,Zac,Ralph with the goals
Unk for SFU
good game,cold beer,finally win #2

Cheers

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Wickam - how about coming up with a grass field next year - even if it isn't in N.Van? Good game considering a 3 week hiatus.

What's up with the time?? Our guys are usually in bed by that time... Who do you think we are Sir M. et SCP?? Rumour has it you can't play in daylight...

Are we on still for our North Van venture tomorrow. I heard there is no snow on Griffin. Please confirm.

SCK

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Hey Wickam - how about coming up with a grass field next year - even if it isn't in N.Van? Good game considering a 3 week hiatus.

What's up with the time?? Our guys are usually in bed by that time... Who do you think we are Sir M. et SCP?? Rumour has it you can't play in daylight...

Are we on still for our North Van venture tomorrow. I heard there is no snow on Griffin. Please confirm.

SCK

SCk... I know we are on for a huge poker game tomorrow. It will be played late though well into the night/morning. I hear West Van is looking at getting our home games played at 2:00Am... Seems to be the only time they can get everyone out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
0216 on a school night Dickens?

My picks for this weekend:

Metro Ford vs Columbus: Tie.

Wickham vs Inter: Tie.

Firefighters vs Surrey Utd: Surrey Utd.

Sapperton vs Richmond: Sapperton.

West Van vs PCOV: Danny will lose money at poker to SCP.

SFU vs Westside: Westside.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sir m...is it unlimited buy-ins for danny??? make sure he brings his bank card or else i will ask a lone shark to come with us on sunday...lone shark is from the drive and he has great rates with a family discounted rate...

scp

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that we've been around the league once, I can finally tell everyone all the outcomes with great certainty:

Metro Ford vs Columbus: Columbus -- not scared of the dark

Wickham vs Inter: dark swarthy organic Inter types prepared against pale artificial night crawlers? We will see at 9 -- bring your snowshoes!

Firefighters vs Surrey Utd: Surrey Utd seems to be able to score on us all

Sapperton vs Richmond: the Sapperton legions should prevail

West Van vs PCOV: West Van needs this one badly to curb hurt of possible financial losses later in the evening -- bonus prediction of a bear cub goal!

SFU vs Westside: Westside, please.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just typing this and thought I would check right before I sent it ..... great !!

I highly doubt the VFF/Ranger game will be played - Riverway had a lot of snow on it and would be ruined if we played - it is amazing how this has not been cancelled yet - I guess we have to show up at the park just like we did with Columbus only to be told that the VMSL website had been changed at 9AM to cancel the 10 AM game.... unbelieveable.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But if they cancel that game, wouldn't you guys need to walk straight over to the other pitch at Riverway and play BRM?

Nice to see Bigbag cokcing up VMSL schedules as well somehow :mad:

:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM/Rangers?? Aren't they the SAME thing? A few weeks back we were told very late Saturday about our cancelled game against BRM WAY out in Cloverdale. I don't know why though. There was only a foot of snow.

Imagine playing on a lousy turf field in the deep forest of N. Van at 9:00 p.m. on a very busy weekend of Christmas parties and Sir M.'s signature poker game...

We'll have to do something about Inter's priorities.

Good luck everyone who plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0