Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see PCOV thumped Cliff. There are a lot of teams on 6 points presently. SU REALLY needs a result tomorrow.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 3 Cliff 0

CLiff avenue sure came out with an army today! First the first time this year i say benches were full...

First 20-25 minutes play was pretty even. PCOv with more possession but cliff avenue with a few close range chances but were never able to capatilize. One partial breakaway early for cliff but no cigar! Last 20 minutes of half pcov started the assault but nothing going in the back of the net... Cliff frustated as they could not contain the onslaught...

Second half was a different story! One way action the whole way! CLiff had one free kick about 40 yards out late in the second half...and no shots on net! other than that the pork chops took the game over... Possession and more possession! We finally converted on 3 chances. The score could of been a lot worse if we capitalized! Cliff goalie played well on what he saw. Cliff definately a lot better team than last year but came upon a very strong portuguese side!

The porks best player wasn t there once again cause he could not find a babysitter! If he happens to get his babysitting situation all figured out the porks are gonna be a team to be recognized!!

PS: Richmond is sure turning it on... taking pts from WEstvan, Columbus and Wickham!! :rolleyes:

Congrats to Coach Roger who has been inspirational in the changing rooms and at half with his speeches.. (Obama would be proud):)

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some quality 6:00 am posting. :rolleyes:

Timing was a little off and can't walk today. Now I know why I retired six years ago.

Capt. I thought you looked 5 yrs. younger last night( it could have been the hair cut), I was also glad to see the physio and rehab of the last three months paid off, that Cellebreni guy really does know what he is doing, to get you back on the pitch so quickly, what did he do ? you must have lost 5- 10 lbs, and you look like you where a few steps quicker , all I can say is wow.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still can't walk today......groin feels like I've been shagging for a week straight.......unfortunately, it couldn't be further from the truth. :mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose summed it up well I thought :(

Hose with the winner 5 minutes in, still don't know how he managed to be free on the edge of our 6 like that.

25-30 minutes in, Hose takes his 2nd yellow and we play the next hour up a man.

Lots of possession from that point forward (to be expected) but nothing really generated in the final third.

We did hit the post on a bit of a shanked cross.

3 doughnuts in a row now and we find ourselves in the basement :(

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
what ... Hose with a second yellow ... I guess that means he sits out against us - I think he did it on purpose :)

N

NDU Alumni

The question is how is Sharky dealing with being in the basement?? Maybe time for a new blazzer in Surrey

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks, you are very diplomatic, did you ever play for MF by the way? West Van actually scored at about the eight minute mark, and Steve was sent off at the 17 minute mark, so we had to play with 10 for the last 75 minutes of so. MFFF was short of players, but so was West Van. I do not agree with the straight red, but I do think the officiating was good in this one.

Sir M.

not that it matters but MFFF started with 10 and ended with 10 - you don't have to be a cop to notice that ;) - we were so confident that we rested our injuries and left a few players home to babysit (yes hard to believe) .... I think we had PCOVitis - a few too many of our corners went too far to the back of the net. Sorry Regs - I wasn't there early enough to get a count on posts/crossbars hit - but I am sure we hit one or two - wondering why Steve hasn't figured out that trying wrestling moves on a soccer pitch just gets you cards - did he have a vacation planned and was going to be away for a week or two anyways ?

Planks - your game report was good but you do need to find a better color for your kit - it looked like the whites got mixed in with the colors - perhaps the same day as your wife's birthday ?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not think your team hit a bar or a post, at least on the field. I think Planks made one or two stops, max. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God forbid someone reports here they had any chances against West Van, that is just a huge TTP no-no.

Apparently.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman:
Can't comment on your chances the other night as I wasn't there but if I remember correctly the old Firemen were guilty of a few tackles etc. as well in their heyday. I was on the receiving end of them too if I recall....

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman:
Can't comment on your chances the other night as I wasn't there but if I remember correctly the old Firemen were guilty of a few tackles etc. as well in their heyday. I was on the receiving end of them too if I recall....

No ..... you were obviously diving :)
Unfortunately I was injured and didn't play either - we are down to 8 or 9 this Friday versus Columbus ....

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably not as grumpy as the "coach" heading up SU:D Have a good weekend lads...it's VIVA LAS VEGAS:wa:...if only it wasn't for a kids tourney:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman,
thanks for noticing the kit I will take that into consideration next Sir M decides to white shorts. Maybe the flash of brightness was a little too much for your strikers to handle. On second thought I won't change anything.
Regs
making comments about chances sure beats making comments about goal scored on me. I will take it. I will be the first to admit when I have been beat and I was against MFFF. Thankfully I had my defender on the post. That is what they are for. Win as a team lose as a team. When you guys figure that out you may have some success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0