Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we'll try to tread softly Trece and maybe the 2PM game will be playable...if you guys do the same the pitch should be in top form for the 2 o'clock game.

Not much input on here from the "B" side I know. It's been a pretty good year for us so far, our only loss coming from our "C" team. I'm looking forward to some cup play to see how the 2 sides match up.

All in all, I think this merging of the 2 divisions has been a flop, there's some pretty lopsided scores going on and I don't see any killer hot squads lining up ready to romp on the competition for only 2 years (instead of 3) to get to Premier...

Let's hope the snow holds off, Peter

3 in a row scheduled on Hastings North this Sunday, according to The Most Excellent Site. Don't know what kind of shape the pitch is going to be in for Sporting vs Westside's CAT game at 2, but I doubt it'll still be nice to play on...:rolleyes:

Also see 2 scheduled for "McClean," which must be just off Lonsdale.:rolleyes:

Good luck to all getting games in,

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All in all, I think this merging of the 2 divisions has been a flop, there's some pretty lopsided scores going on and I don't see any killer hot squads lining up ready to romp on the competition for only 2 years (instead of 3) to get to Premier...

I could not agree more. 3 years to get to Premier is not that bad. We rolled through our first year, stumbled last year and low and behold we are once again in the bottom division becasue we were merged with Div 3. With the old system of 2 teams up and 2 down I acutally think good teams would have found it easier to move up quickly, now if your season is not close to perfect and you win your group then you are stuck in 2.

This is exactly how the Open Div 2 is. Tough to get promoted and 2 or 3 teams in each group did not belong there......until........the went back to Div 2 & 3. Much better for all teams considered.

and last of all AAAGGHHHHHHH.......more snow forecsted for tonight. Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be forced to retire before we play again :(

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I could not agree more. 3 years to get to Premier is not that bad. We rolled through our first year, stumbled last year and low and behold we are once again in the bottom division becasue we were merged with Div 3. With the old system of 2 teams up and 2 down I acutally think good teams would have found it easier to move up quickly, now if your season is not close to perfect and you win your group then you are stuck in 2.

This is exactly how the Open Div 2 is. Tough to get promoted and 2 or 3 teams in each group did not belong there......until........the went back to Div 2 & 3. Much better for all teams considered.

and last of all AAAGGHHHHHHH.......more snow forecsted for tonight. Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be forced to retire before we play again :p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

What were you trying to say?
What were you trying to say? :D

Us 2 them :p

Not an auspicious start by any means; the field was still frozen enough when the ref was going through teamlists that he was having serious second thoughts about going through with the game. In the end, innate greed won out and he decided to go ahead.

CAI are having trouble getting bodies out regularly; they were able to field 10 yesterday. Partly due to the field conditions, but mostly to rust, play was gawdawfull to watch, and even more of a struggle to be a part of. Both our goals were scored from distance in the first half; catching their keeper out of position. He somehow managed to break one of his fingers (don't know if it was on a shot, the ground, post, or what) but had to leave the game and get hustled off to a clinic (bone was visible, not a good sign). That put them down to nine just before the end of the half, and our 2nd goal was scored on the last play.

Absolutely zero intensity in the second half, with a ludicrous number of botched chances to slam the door; the heart and fight kind of went out of their guys, and ours were playing like Saturday pickup ball at Willingdon.:rolleyes: Crossbar #20 on the year, if anybody is still counting besides us, and a couple off the posts rounded out the rest of the play.

Stayed to see Ajax v. Westside B; B-team much more dominant in possession although not finishing as strongly as they conceivably could have. To be fair, Ajax were missing their midfield general Tony, but didn't finish any of the chances they had, either. Nice to have a chat with Peter, Geoff, Offside Dave (thanks for the burger), and especially Mike (International Linesman's Day) Kalanj again.

Great fun when you can leave home for a game at 8 am and get back at 3:30 pm and not get yelled at by your significant other...:D

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside B 3-0 Coquitlam Ajax

Good to see you out there Stew, we had a full contingent of players and were one shy from pulling the 10-man sub after 22.5 minutes: "you all suck, get off!"...as it were we did 2, 9-man subs during the course of the game and left some bemused looks on the faces of the ref and the other team.

We thought we'd eventually wear them down and sure enough, all the scoring came in the last 22 with team #2. I think that the cup is going to be drawn from the existing standings now with the top 2 teams on each side seeded...but I could be wrong as it states the top 4 teams from Division 2 are seeded and, in typical fashion, there's ambiguity in them thar wordz.

Cheers, Peter

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: 20-0 win over Inter Steaua...did you guys miss a coverted point on your 3rd touchdown:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was actually 22-0, the other team wanted to get to an even 100 GA for the season. It was without a doubt the stupidest game I've ever been involved in...I played the first 30 or so and then got off the field.

They showed up with 9 guys and off the opening kickoff they worked the ball back into their end, coughed it up on the 18, our guy tried to beat a couple defenders and one of them stripped the ball off him and put it into his own net. After that the game went downhill, even after their 10th man showed.

But seriously, at about 12-0 they asked us to get to 22 before we call it to even out their season.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

That's awful. Mikey might have a collection of absolute plumbers playing for him, but even they don't deserve to get pounded that badly. Please tell me it wasn't fun. Peter, I'm glad you had the class not to take further part in something like that, but I'd question the ethics of some of your team mates in that kind of situation.:(

I'm sure we'll get to hear all about it Tuesday night (shared practice field)...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 1
PCOV 1

Good Match, deserved draw. First half was even but PCOV scored on pretty much on the half whistle. We thought the man that put it in was offside but very few refs would have been able to see the full width of the field to call it so really no major complaint.

Second half we had the bulk of the offensive play and finally got the equalizer from a very pretty play. Little floater chip touch pass over their defender for our right mid to pick up on the end line, perfect cross far post and header back over keeper accross goal. Really was a beauty to see. Just one of those that all passes and execution went perfectly.

We will take the point after being off since Dec 6th.:wa:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside B 1-3 Surrey Dynamo

Well we sucked the big one after our poor sportsmanship last week. We gave up too many breakaways and had little in the way of scoring opportunities. They took 5/6 points off us this year...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Utd 3 Us :eek:

Piss-poor showing by our guys in the 1st half; a couple of defensive brain farts led to too deep of a hole to dig our way out of. Our lot played much better in the 2nd, but couldn't buy one. Pain in the arse having to chase Trevor around again - fcuk, that guy can run.

Utd. were full value for the result; they won most of the hard challenges. Father John was Father John; for the most part consistent in his inconsistency.:p

Good to be able to razz Gurps and the Temple boys after. At least the beer was cold...

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods & Cenltic8..................I'm guessing you boys were pleased to see the result between us and PCOV?

On another note we are looking forward to playing you boys on Sunday................but wonder if their will be a field change as I heard McLean Park is still a little on the white side?????:mad:

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be doing a drive-by on Wednesday to survey the condition of McLean. I'm dying to get back playing........:mad:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be doing a drive-by on Wednesday to survey the condition of McLean. I'm dying to get back playing........:mad:

already did the drive by and Sunday will be a go!! Just a little patch of snow by one of the goals but it will be gone in a day I bet.

say as they say...GAME ON!!!!

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just hope the Celtic haven't been training...after two months of not playing I had the lungs of a mouse yesterday, and those Portuguese guys wouldn't stop running :eek:

Must be something in the water (in Lisbon)...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 1
Poco Celtic 0

This match was played as hard as it was important. Celtic Came out hard and took it to us for the first 10 munites and then things evened out but Celtic produced a chance that was begging to be put away. Ball over the top for their speedy number 18 to chace down. Our full back was running it down but their player picked the ball at the top of the 18 but our keeper manger to force him wide to the right. Our other defender did continue back to block some of the open goal but the opportunity was there only to see it hammered over the bar.

From that point on we settled down and started to knock the ball around quite well and definitely had celtic pressed into their own end. A few good chances but one oportunity should have been put away. Great cross in from the left after some patient pllay from our Bulgarian wonder:p to the back post and the header back accross goal and off the post back across the goal into the keepers hands while down.

The other great chance was off a free kick whipped in to the box with out centre back running onto it hitting a half hit low ball to the corner of the net but a terrific save getting down low quickly by the keeper.

Second half saw Celtic come out like first half with us not quite as flat as the beginning of the match. Nothing really created other than field position. We settled down and began to work the ball wide and get back to our passing game which seemed to keep celtic on their heels a little when we were doing this.

The goal came at around 65 mins from a poor back pass with our striker easily running onto the pass and left foot into the net past the keeper coming out.

We seem to have a spell where we lost our game plan right after the goal but only had one real opportunity given up. I woudl say we had a 55% to 45% edge in play but this was a well played match by both sides. Both teams had a possible penalty not called (although Celtic would say ours was a good tackle by their player- but from behind????)

Relly enjoyed playing this match and we got the result we needed to put a 5 point difference between us. Seems Roma Rangers have snuck up into 2nd though only 2 points behind. We do have a match in hand on them.

Job Done....bring on cup play or another league match next week.

Celtic8 & Redwoods.....thoughts on the match?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 1
Poco Celtic 0

This match was played as hard as it was important. Celtic Came out hard and took it to us for the first 10 munites and then things evened out but Celtic produced a chance that was begging to be put away. Ball over the top for their speedy number 18 to chace down. Our full back was running it down but their player picked the ball at the top of the 18 but our keeper manger to force him wide to the right. Our other defender did continue back to block some of the open goal but the opportunity was there only to see it hammered over the bar.

From that point on we settled down and started to knock the ball around quite well and definitely had celtic pressed into their own end. A few good chances but one oportunity should have been put away. Great cross in from the left after some patient pllay from our Bulgarian wonder:p to the back post and the header back accross goal and off the post back across the goal into the keepers hands while down.

The other great chance was off a free kick whipped in to the box with out centre back running onto it hitting a half hit low ball to the corner of the net but a terrific save getting down low quickly by the keeper.

Second half saw Celtic come out like first half with us not quite as flat as the beginning of the match. Nothing really created other than field position. We settled down and began to work the ball wide and get back to our passing game which seemed to keep celtic on their heels a little when we were doing this.

The goal came at around 65 mins from a poor back pass with our striker easily running onto the pass and left foot into the net past the keeper coming out.

We seem to have a spell where we lost our game plan right after the goal but only had one real opportunity given up. I woudl say we had a 55% to 45% edge in play but this was a well played match by both sides. Both teams had a possible penalty not called (although Celtic would say ours was a good tackle by their player- but from behind????)

Relly enjoyed playing this match and we got the result we needed to put a 5 point difference between us. Seems Roma Rangers have snuck up into 2nd though only 2 points behind. We do have a match in hand on them.

Job Done....bring on cup play or another league match next week.

Celtic8 & Redwoods.....thoughts on the match?

Thought that was a fairly accurate account...but also thought we could have been up 2 or 3 nothing in the first 30 minutes but didn't finish our chances at all. We didn't generate nearly enough offense in the second half to get the win. The goal was a gift as well and a tough way to give up 3 points considering it was a tough fought game.
No excuses...we didn't do enough to win. First game back after 2 months+ and you could see the rust.

Good luck to Bombastic the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0