Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters Div 3 Results and Banter, 2010-2011

And Rainforest has a bunch of ex pros

pro whats?

Westside old farts 5 Trece & Co. 2.

Lessons learned and heavily applied during training were apparently forgotten as we spotted Bobby H. 2 far, far too easily. Down 4-1 at the half makes getting your head on straight a bit more difficult than it should have been. 2nd half was played much more evenly, with us getting one back that Peter forgot to dive for, and them sneaking one more in right before the end.

Beginning to think it's not only my calf that's shot but my eyes as well as I didn't recognize Peter with his new facial foliage.

Freddy: next time at least come over and introduce yourself, ya bum. There are always discounted beverages for other TTPers in our cooler.

At least our young'uns team acquitted themselves well on the pitch...:rolleyes:

Trece

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Trece - I was so sandy and sweaty after that game. The field was actually in the best shape I have seen it in, save the fresh sand. Fun game, and crap, I even bagged a couple (doesn't happen very often, if ever)! We'll tilt a pint on the rematch.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

with us getting one back that Peter forgot to dive for, and them sneaking one more in right before the end.

Your eyes must be going, your first was deflected right in front of me by old man Johnston...the second I could have maybe done something about but it was all muddy there...

Beginning to think it's not only my calf that's shot but my eyes as well as I didn't recognize Peter with his new facial foliage.

I got lazy during summer holidays and it grew on me...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lazy Boy:

Yes, your foliage is now not dissimilar to my own, except that mine seems to get like this every couple of weeks, although Señora Trece still likes mine better.

I WAS describing our second goal, not Tommy's shot that Johnston deflected; you dive about as well as I do. That's one of the reasons I'm not allowed to play in goal anymore.:D

I think your eyes are going too, judging by the way you read that sentence...

Good luck next week.

Need to get our poop in a pile for next week's game; we've already dropped too many points unnecessarily.

Trece

ps: Dave Monaghan is STILL offside.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe they have two Franks brothers and a Xausa if I am not mistaken...

:cool:

Big game this Saturday afternoon at Ambleside as the Horses are hosting the mighty NK Hrvat 1977. Should be a cracker.

Sir M

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like the rematch is the night before we go to Chile. Definitely need a road pop for that one :bronco:

But just one, after all with the new laws you don't want to get caught! :wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy:

Looking forward to it. Your home pitch for the rematch is more home for us than for you lot - I can crawl home from there.:D

Need a translator for the road trip?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

You'll just get yourself in trouble you old coot Trece......unlike the more mature version I've become...after all...our first home game last week started at 8pm and I got home at 1:30am....we ran out of liquid!!! Hey,I didn't even drive...might've been able to blow at least a .18:eek::bronco:

Cheers all you old farts to another fun season of dodging the wife and family for at least one day of the weekend!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who's calling who an old coot? Pot, meet kettle.

Played in two games today as we had to make up the numbers for the young'uns this afternoon.

Good comeback today after going down 1-0 to new guys HNK on a peno given after their big guy belly-flopped in our box. Came out cranky in the 2nd half and about 5 in, Levi hits a rocket from the right side - 1-1. About 10 minutes and several chances later, one of our guys gets helped to the grass by one of their fine gentlemen, and we have a free kick about 45 yards out, which Mischa steps up to and deposits into the far corner of their net. Their keeper didn't have a chance on it; this was goal of the year material. 2-1 us. 10 to go and we pressed hard again. Burnsie draws everyone to him and then knocks a square ball across the net and Nuno hammers it home. 3-1 to us final, and about time for a decent win like this.

HNK were decent guys for the most part; only their big guy really getting on Taki's bad side and earning himself a red while on the sideline (go figure) for not knowing when to shut up. Decent effort by the bhoys and looking forward to taking on the rest of the division.

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-1 Maplewood

Well we came out ok and played well in the first half but our lack of subs let us down in the second half. Luckily we outscored them. They probably deserved at least a point though. They won most of the 50/50's in the second half and were pressing hard but ran out of time.

90 minutes is a long time...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Luch I am not entirely sure of the score, but it was about 6 or 8 nil for the horses. John VD had 4 I think, making it 11 on the year, and he has caught this writer's attention.

Sir M

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch I am not entirely sure of the score, but it was about 6 or 8 nil for the horses. John VD had 4 I think, making it 11 on the year, and he has caught this writer's attention.

Sir M

Thanks for the update Sir M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-3 Rainforest

We came out a little slow and they bagged 2 quick ones against us. We stayed a little slow and they finally slowed down a little themselves and the game settled down a bit...I think it pretty much coincided with me coming off the park from the midfield where I hadn't played in a few years (wrong game to check out an old position).

Rainforest are not a 3rd division team, they've got some serious talent. We fought back and bagged one before the half. Got another to tie it up but their onslaught was too much for our old legs and they came storming down to finish us off.

Fun game to play in, but I'm glad we don't have to see these guys in league play again. It should be a good game: Rainforest against WV, who seem to be racking them up as well.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big Masters doubleheader this coming Saturday at Ambleside: WV Flying Horses will be up against Rainforest and some of their summer league team mates at 2PM, BBQ hosted by Eagles afterwards, and then WVFC M hosts Sapperton Rovers in a Masters Premier game at 6PM.

Sir M

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Should be a good weekend at Ambleside next Saturday. Rainforest guys make you stick around for BBQ after - I put a good one on!! Rainforest have some serious talent.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Us 1 Maplewood 1.

0-0 at the half on the postage stamp up at Cleveland. We finally cracked them on a free kick that our player in front of their net psyched out their keeper on. Had a great chance to go up 2-0 on one that will haunt me for a few nights that I fired a bit too close to their keeper, but he managed to parry it away. We lost one of our forwards to a 2nd yellow, and tried to play hang-on, but got burnt on it as they pulled back the tying goal with about a minute left.

Reffing was abysmal, as neither team really deserved the antics of the man in the middle...:mad:

2 abandoned games this weekend - WTF?:confused:

TAK next weekend - anyone know what they are about?

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0