Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone care...

Prediction - New West Reds will be the most improved team in the league this year. Of course, I have nothing to base this on - have only been to 1 practice - with 9 players present.

Comments, predictions...anyone

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Masters 2 a

Nope...retired a couple of years ago due to nagging injuries and two girls playing soccer on Saturday and Sunday morning. My oldest one is finished with Sunday's - so I figured I'd attempt the comeback.

Still playing with the VPD (under Sir M's guidance) in the summer.

Too many Friday night encounters in the FVSL, plus some arm twisting (and a hefty contract offer :)) from a work colleague...voila...welcome to VMSL Div 2 "A".

Looking forward to playing Sunday mornings again.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have two things to say: NW Reds will be exponentially better with Behemoth on their side. And I cannot remember the other one.

Sir M.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

After reading up on the archives from last year - not sure things could get worse. No offence to my new teammates (many of whom I've never met!)

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sigh...one practice and he's already slagging the team's history.

Hopefully he won't get knocked out with an errant clearance , get knocked out and blow his ACL in the fall....bring your helmet.....

That being said, the Reds will be on the move this year....and Behemoth is one of the man reasons with more to follow....there's only one direction we can go....up.....unless...

is sideways a direction?

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

"...Especially if he's "one of the man reasons....."

:eek: Note to self: proof read the post more closely before submitting

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

My apologies Azzurri..always thought the VMSL was a little thicker skinned than the posers in the FVSL...but sometimes you have to tear it down to build it back up again. Not unlike my ACL, or MCL, or rib cartilage, or calf, hamstring, groin - you get the picture.

Groin - I think thats where the Freudian slip came from...

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Azzurri (wtf?),

Apparently none of the opposition does care. Perhaps we can just use this forum for personal communication, or to start a lobbying campaign to be the first ever 2 "A" side included in the "excellent rankings".

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

behemoth - we'll see you first game at Queens Park.

Sorry to shatter your dreams about personal communication. I predict that we will be the least improved team in the division. If anything, we will hit fewer crossbars than last year...:rolleyes:

Trece

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes - hopefully, I won't just be spectating. Azzurri and I are off to the Nation's Capital for a little football tourney next week. Sir M is acutely aware of the importance of the season opener in Masters Division 2 "A"; so I'm sure he'll use us sparingly :).

If it's anything like the last 2 I've been in, I'll be nursing an injury for the next couple of weeks. Just hoping to survive...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, get yourself in a teddy bear stance and give yourself a Brazilian you hairy son of a biatch!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh Crap. If Sir M is "acutely aware" of the opening game's importance, he may even want to show up for it. Make sure you tell him it's just off Lonsdale...

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, I know it's 4:54 - and no, this isn't a drunken post! Have to get these training sessions in before the season starts :). Despite the significance of our early season encounter; I suspect that, at best, Sir M would send a member of his staff .

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M:

Don't worry about sending any staff members out to cover this epic tilt. Our lot are going to be far too short-handed to pose a threat to anyone - we've got 10.5 players at best available right now. Not sure what it is about the first couple of weeks in September, but we always seem to be short bodies for the first match, and it always seems to be against the Reds.:mad: What to do? Their shower of shite always seems to get better numbers out than our shower of shite do...

Trece

ps - we'll be gentle on Behemoth. Apparently he's supposed to be fragile...:rolleyes:

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

NewWest Reds 6 Killarney 0

Only 11 Killarney players made the journey to the 'burbs. Even game until I stepped off the field, then we quickly potted one; followed shortly thereafter by another. We scored a bunch in the 2nd half on the counterattack, and demonstrated some excellent finishing in the process - no posts that I can recall. :)

On a personal note...playing 5 soccer games in 3 days, drinking "lots" of beer, then flying from Ottawa to Vancouver the day before a game is not conducive to feeling "fresh" on the pitch. Hopefully next week is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0