Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 players available, league wouldn't allow a reschedule.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Surrey Default??? WTF

I remember last year when the big wheels of the VMSL were poking fun at the FVSL Masters regarding defaulted games....

Unless there is some explanation that is worthy how the hell can Surrey default a game when they are in the relegation zone.....SHOCKING!!!!

I know Surrey have had some serious discipline problems this year but wow this hits a low.....

Our team is loaded with thugs, immoral types, vagrants. Not only did we default our game this weekend, a couple of our guys "forgot" to take their dogs out and they crapped in the house. One guy left the front door unlocked overnight.

It's too bad we have to air our dirty laundry on this site and risk the scathing comments directed at us.

I am really sorry 4STGMP!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a bit more serious note, I have to admit that it's not fun being in the position we are right now. I have never been in a situation where so many guys are hurt and yes, suspended. More hurt than suspended for certain. We could have played the game on Sunday with 7 guys, but even among the seven, several of us aren't near 100% either. We didn't want to permanently put more players out for good. So, we hope to get everyone healthy and off suspension and make a run in the New Year. I think most of the teams in our league will agree that when we have everyone available and healthy we are a very good competitive team. We have played some very nice football this year and we have been extremely unlucky at times.

Our team is evolving into something, don't know which way we will go, but some of the comments coming our way are a bit ignorant. Our team has been around a long time with unprecedented success. We are getting much older now and the league is getting younger. Sometimes you need to compare apples to apples when you throw comments. We don't have the luxury of players from our Premier team transitioning to our team anymore, at least for now. They are too young and the older ones are still among the best in Premier. The success of SU Masters in the past had a steady stream coming from our Premier team and it blended so well with the Master's players. It's not quite like that right now.

Never mind all that. Still love being around my teammates. They are great guys with great morals. A few are frustrated at what we have been facing all year and although we have made our own bed, some of the stuff has been mind-boggling. The teams we are playing have been great on and off the field and the reality is that we haven't had any issues with any of them. Yet we have had more cards than ever. Strange.

Have a great Christmas and Holiday Season everyone. Looking forward to a great relegation battle and a fantastic Cup run.

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can feel your pain Ballbaby. MF went through a stint where the team average was closer to 45 than 35 and unless you have 22 + players available it is tough to compete consistently or for a full 90.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points. Inter and Cliff had same issue a few years ago. My guess teams like Sapp and PCOV will follow same pattern. It doesn't mean you can't compete with 11 quality guys but not for an entire 90. Teams that have won have always had 16 to 18 bodies who can interchange throughout the field.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points. Inter and Cliff had same issue a few years ago. My guess teams like Sapp and PCOV will follow same pattern. It doesn't mean you can't compete with 11 quality guys but not for an entire 90. Teams that have won have always had 16 to 18 bodies who can interchange throughout the field.

Sapp will be fine they keep snagging players from PCOV

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 3-1 22nd ave Lions. PCOV went up 1-0 and Lions tied things up at 1. Everyone looked rusty from the holidays but we got it together in the 2nd half and bagged 2 more for the 3-1 result. Good clean game. On to next week.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny game, WVFC did not play well at all as is their usual trait right after Christmas. In fact, they have not played well really since the Western Canadians. Lots of pressure but way to loose at the back on the counters which Columbus finished very well.

Sir M

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOT OFF THE PRESS: Sapperton Management and BOHICA had a big 1 hr meeting after practice yesterday. Sounds like this will be Bohica's last year at the helm. So if teams are insterested in him they can begin contacting him as of march 1, 2012. Bohica comes with a very good coaching record and just because you can see his belly button in his jersey, doesn t mean he can t give big minutes up front if need to be.

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOT OFF THE PRESS: Sapperton Management and BOHICA had a big 1 hr meeting after practice yesterday. Sounds like this will be Bohica's last year at the helm. So if teams are insterested in him they can begin contacting him as of march 1, 2012. Bohica comes with a very good coaching record and just because you can see his belly button in his jersey, doesn t mean he can t give big minutes up front if need to be.

I heard that you and Bohica made up!:shut-up: And I also heard you have made reservations in the summer to take in a cattle drive together!:shut-up: What better way to welcome in your newest member to the whining like a mule team! :wa::wa::wa:

From another mule

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Sapperton tied 22nd ave Lions 2-2, but the real story in this game was that B:Dohica made 3 snow angels all by himself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0