Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm confused.....isn't it the first time you have played them? When were the points guaranteed prior to you playing them?

Yes it is our first time, however i was referring to teams that haven't played them yet.
Although i noticed you guys haven't played them yet so maybe "guaranteed" is a bit of a stretch. My bad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larry Dallas said:
Right. A couple shots right into the goalies hands means they were legitimate chances. And on a goalie who has never played goal before who had to go in net because the goalie got a concussion in the first half. All this talk all week about you guys struggling for players but you basically had your full team minus a few passengers. Mind games I guess. MF was missing most of their starters but never once moaned about it. Different result if those guys there. And most of your guys know that.

Yes, maybe the score would have been more indicative of the game had you fielded your full squad. But you didn't.

I was only referring to our lack of finish not your level of play.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croa......err 22nd Ave 2 Westside 2. Numerous chances at both ends. A good first result for us. More reinforcements coming for a big game Friday night against Metro Ford.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M
Premium Member
Re: [VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013
I will wade in...I will go with PCOV because they have the best defence in the league apparently

Sir M, it looks like the Conductor isn't always wrong as I see that your team couldn't break down your quote of PCOV! I would like to thank you for acknowledging me though from a few weeks back!;)

22nd Lions did well today against WS and were unlucky to not come away with all 3 points!

I feel sorry for CMF and WV as they will be in tough against the Lions!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco posting about Croatia vs. Westside match...now that brings back some memories!;)

Good match today, (finally my first league game this year). Obviously an entirely different opponent than we had anticipated. Plenty of premier, (of the master's variety...plus Darko), quality on display for Croatia. We were down 2-0 before we knew it, (and before the late arrival of the legend that is Wicksy). Game evened out as the 1st half progressed with Westside finding their feet, (not always the easiest).

Really can't agree with Conductor's statemement that Croatia were unlucky not to get the three points. I counted six stone cold sitters for Westside that the Croatia keeper somehow managed to keep out, not including Pettingale with a wide open net at his mercy at the death only to have a great desperation block by a Croatian defender to salvage the point. End of the day...i'll call it a fair result, and whatever this new team is called will be a challenge for their upcomig opponents.

I would say its' official....no off weeks this year. As for Westside, I think we might just have the pedigree and moxy to work our way up the table...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I am assuming this is a team that is coming out of Open Premier? I trust they are all of age? I know those central eastern types have facial hair in elementary school, and inside tracks for fake IDs so they can have their way with sexy women. Their looks can be deceiving.

This guy is only 17:
Borat learns how to date a woman - YouTube

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how much simpler I can make it. We took our Div 2 Master's team and transferred the players to premier Masters. Fake ID's were checked in Aug by the league! :rolleyes:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If 20 players went up and 20 players went down it would also be $600 in transfer fees(plus any concessions imposed by the Lions for the opportunity...If any were negotiated...)
tradingplaces.jpg

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also don't believe you can CAT in Masters (one Masters team to another) in the VMSL, no?

And you definitely cannot CAT if you are from different clubs.

PS F'ing Horses lol.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better than spending 2-3 years trying to get there like the F'ing Horses are doing.

Freddy ..... The F'ing Horses cannot play in the Premier Div. as we are in the same club as WVFC Masters. Most of us have played a bunch of years in Premier Masters, so Div 1 is what suits us best until we get into Cup. We have a few Premier Teams on the Cup Radar that we would like to draw. Also, if we were able to play in Masters Premier, we would want to earn it and not just buy a spot or 'trade spots' with another team. Btw, Bronco did we not beat you lot in the B Cup Final last year?!?!?!

JAGS

..... and the last 2-3 years have been some of the best Team Events a lot of the guys have been a part of. F'ing Horses don't have 'Games', they have 'Events'.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

That's a heart warming story. The team you beat last year was essentially our Div 3 team this year. We didn't feel it was doing anyone any good to lump teams 8 and 10 to 0 week in and week out. You may draw some gratification from that, and that's ok. I'm sure time will tell who belongs where.

:bronco:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also don't believe you can CAT in Masters (one Masters team to another) in the VMSL, no?

And you definitely cannot CAT if you are from different clubs.

PS F'ing Horses lol.

You can from O'40s. I had to chase Colbow around last Sunday, yet again. Man, that guy is still a force to be reckoned. He bagged two goals on us. Thankfully, we scored 4 crackers in return. I think he was the golden boot winner in both Premier and O'40s last year.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep you can over 40s...but not as you know within any of the over 35 spots so all the talk of calling guys up etc is, well, not accurate. I think he scored like 19 goals in over 35s last year.

Sir M

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

That's a heart warming story. The team you beat last year was essentially our Div 3 team this year. We didn't feel it was doing anyone any good to lump teams 8 and 10 to 0 week in and week out. You may draw some gratification from that, and that's ok. I'm sure time will tell who belongs where.

:bronco:

Hey Bronco!! Glad to see things are working out for your teams. I can tell you - the last few years have been a great time for the f'ing horses as Masters soccer is supposed to be about playing with your buddies and having some pints after!! I know you appreciate that.

For us, we did not seek gratification from beating teams 8 and 10 to 0 each week. Prior to last season in Masters Div 2 we did approach the league about the possibility of switching with a team in Masters Div 1, but it was not possible so we played in Div 2 and won promotion.

With you guys going to Masters Premier, it will make both divisions much more competitive. Good luck to all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0