Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's a moderator when you need one? Someone needs to get this thread back on track!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe we can sign my avatar as 3 more players so we can field a full squad for once.

How is the tie breaker actually decided? Head to head?
PCOV is happy that Poco sh*t the bed, cause now they at least get to play a meaningful game before the Provincials start. After an early knock out in the Cup this playoff game will give the team a chance to finally get the guys out again. If West Van didn't choke yesterday there could have been a 3 team round robin to see who wins this year league cup. What's up with Poco and West Van of late?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They would have had a meaningful game........ Had they showed up.
1:00, Trillium, no PCOV.

Gonna be hard to shite this bed

Or it's the ultimate pisstake on the league championship.

Either way it's a nice day for an inter squad game.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Yoda? You change your avatar to the league trophy when obviously we weren't even told about the game? That's how you want to be named champs? How the hell was this game not even posted on the league website? A playoff game for the league title and the number one seed out of the VMSL for provincials and they don't even put it on the schedule? What a joke.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Yoda? You change your avatar to the league trophy when obviously we weren't even told about the game? That's how you want to be named champs? How the hell was this game not even posted on the league website? A playoff game for the league title and the number one seed out of the VMSL for provincials and they don't even put it on the schedule? What a joke.

Easy Gomesy, it was just a dig.
How not a single one of your team didn't know about the game is beyond me. Our whole team and a referee knew and showed up. As well as Conductor!! And nobody talks to him!
Not sure where the miscommunication was but it was unfortunate.

Besides, nobody gives a shite about the league. Just ask Dancin Bear

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And a side note, what the league decides to put on the page and not put on the page is obviously out of the Castilians control. You need to take that up with someone else. However, again, how is it that we get the original email scheduling the game, and you don't get a single email? Or a response to the original email cofirming the time? With no bouncing emails. It appears that technology is to blame, not Poco.

It is unfortunate and I have no clear answer to what has happened here somewhere someone has dropped the ball.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The original email was sent to Joe Rocchetta, Geoff Catliff and Angelo Pulice and myself. I replied all and confirmed that we had received the email. I did not receive any bounce backs. We had 16 players (most had close to an hour drive) show up ready to play. Some postponed their spring break family holidays to play in the game. This smells of a Pork Chop conspiracy to me. This is the last email we received:

Date: March 3, 2015 at 5:01:44 PM PST
To: Mark Slater, Joe Rocchetta, Geoff Catliff, Angelo Pulice
Subject: Remainder
Hi all,

This is to remind and confirm that the Masters Premier Division play off game for a 1st place will be played on Sunday March 8th at Trillium turf East 1 pm kick off.
There will be two 15 minutes periods of overtime an penalty kicks if needed.
Please note that this game will not appear on the League Weekly Schedule or the regular Division schedule.
Please confirm receipt of this email
Good luck
Ruben Tremarco

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Gomesy, it was just a dig.
How not a single one of your team didn't know about the game is beyond me. Our whole team and a referee knew and showed up. As well as Conductor!! And nobody talks to him!
Not sure where the miscommunication was but it was unfortunate.

Besides, nobody gives a shite about the league. Just ask Dancin Bear
Thanks Yoda as I'm having to go to marriage counselling this week as my wife was pissed off that again I missed out on family time on a Sunday. The worst part is I was looking forward to watching this game and having a few bevvies. What a complete waste of my Sunday. At least I got home sober and was able to cut my grass. Congrats to Poco for getting first place.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, In no way am I upset at anyone from Poco for this, I'm upset with the league and this situation in general. I just think it's a bit bizarre to put up the trophy naming yourselves champs when we didn't even play.

Jack The Lad, I'm sorry that some of your guys postponed vacations. Considering the email is dated March 3rd I know that must have been tough to change things on such short notice, but that doesn't change the fact that we didn't know about the game. When was the last time a game was scheduled without being on the league website? Especially one of this importance. You said yourself you 'replied all' to confirm the game time. Obviously we never did because we had no idea.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, In no way am I upset at anyone from Poco for this, I'm upset with the league and this situation in general. I just think it's a bit bizarre to put up the trophy naming yourselves champs when we didn't even play.

Jack The Lad, I'm sorry that some of your guys postponed vacations. Considering the email is dated March 3rd I know that must have been tough to change things on such short notice, but that doesn't change the fact that we didn't know about the game. When was the last time a game was scheduled without being on the league website? Especially one of this importance. You said yourself you 'replied all' to confirm the game time. Obviously we never did because we had no idea.

How can the biggest game of the year not be posted on the website not be discussed in this forum. Why would you want to keep secret a game with the weather it has been, an event that would draw out a big crowd.The fact that neither happened makes me think that PCOV truly had no clue this game was scheduled.

Really surprised

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no doubt that PCOV had no idea, I'm just not sure how that happened since Poco and the ref showed up as planned.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no doubt that PCOV had no idea, I'm just not sure how that happened since Poco and the ref showed up as planned.

From what I've heard...

Ruben did send the email out but put in the wrong email address for Joe Rochetta. It should have been (.ca) not (.com). Therefore, we never received the email and Ruben got 2 bounce back emails. Ruben never received a confirmation from us nor did he pick up the phone and call us. We will protest but who knows what this league will do.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can the biggest game of the year not be posted on the website not be discussed in this forum. Why would you want to keep secret a game with the weather it has been, an event that would draw out a big crowd.The fact that neither happened makes me think that PCOV truly had no clue this game was scheduled.

Really surprised
The original email was sent to Joe Rocchetta, Geoff Catliff and Angelo Pulice and myself. I replied all and confirmed that we had received the email. I did not receive any bounce backs. We had 16 players (most had close to an hour drive) show up ready to play. Some postponed their spring break family holidays to play in the game. This smells of a Pork Chop conspiracy to me. This is the last email we received:

Date: March 3, 2015 at 5:01:44 PM PST
To: Mark Slater, Joe Rocchetta, Geoff Catliff, Angelo Pulice
Subject: Remainder
Hi all,

This is to remind and confirm that the Masters Premier Division play off game for a 1st place will be played on Sunday March 8th at Trillium turf East 1 pm kick off.
There will be two 15 minutes periods of overtime an penalty kicks if needed.
Please note that this game will not appear on the League Weekly Schedule or the regular Division schedule.
Please confirm receipt of this email
Good luck
Ruben Tremarco

Joe Rocchetta called and spoke to Ruben today after we heard at 12:30 that PoCo was waiting to play us at Trillium and apparently Ruben said that the original email to Joe bounced back twice. There was no follow up phone call or even a message sent to our secondary contact with the league. No one from our club confirmed receipt of said email. Wouldn't that be a little concerning if you were organizing a game? Wouldn't you want confirmation from both teams?

Also, doesn't this league want to create excitement for it's higher profile games? It makes absolutely no sense that this game would not be on the website. This is a FINAL. Winner is crowned League Champs and #1 VMSL seed for the Provincials. They handed out a Trophy! Why keep it secret?

Here's the trophy PoCo. Shhhhhhh, don't tell anybody and do not change your avatar to this gorgeous trophy for at least a couple of weeks, ok Yoda? Wink wink, nudge nudge. :wa:

The only right thing to do is to reschedule the game.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From all I've heard from those who are important to the league, since we joined the VMSL, was that the league title means sweet fcuk all. Why such a wind up?

We are not trying to swindle anyone here. The fact that the league let us pick up our trophy early and put our name on it has nothing to do with this

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All we need to do now is in the fall, not tell Alberta, Manitoba and Sask when the games are and we can get that other trophy back here.
Now there's a guy with a plan!
My vote for league president

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me and Conductor were discussing it over a pickled egg and a glass of draft at the Ivanhoe this afternoon.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me and Conductor were discussing it over a pickled egg and a glass of draft at the Ivanhoe this afternoon.
I just wish this sh*t happened for Roma in the BC's so that we may actually win a game! LOL no doubt that this contest should be replayed, but after having that last glass of draft with Sir M, we figured that there is no way the League can take POCO's name off the trophy as it would be a considerable cost to do so.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens