Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1-0 WV. Richmond came out flying and took it to us in the first half. They got their goal on what looked like a shot cross and continued to press for the rest of the first. Their keeper made a huge save early before this to keep it at 0's. The second half we had a lot more of the ball and came close on a few counters but we couldn't finish. They also had some good chances that were squandered and this game could have been more that just 1-0. The Iranian music in the background was an inspiration to both teams i think. In two weeks we are going to have a very good semi final against each other.

P.s. 6-5, when i send you for shawerma's (sp) and extra rice, i expect you to come back with it. Bad form.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 VMSL and 1 PCSL.

1pt in their last 2 matches will guarantee Richmond the 7th spot. I'm not sure what the tie-breaker would be if they lose them both and end on 27 pts, tied with Croatia.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van's house DJ is terrible. Thanks for resting most your starters guys. Much appreciated. Although Croatia may not be very happy about that.

29... Your keeper had his name on the back of his shirt. Sort THAT out and I will work on your shwarma.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 VMSL and 1 PCSL.

1pt in their last 2 matches will guarantee Richmond the 7th spot. I'm not sure what the tie-breaker would be if they lose them both and end on 27 pts, tied with Croatia.

RCIU had the advantage in the head to head (1 win and 1 tie) so I assume that would push them through....

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU had the advantage in the head to head (1 win and 1 tie) so I assume that would push them through....

Pretty sure that if they end up tied it would be a one game playoff to make it to provincials.

So as it turns out with West Van losing last night, our miracle win vs Croatia on Sunday was moot? All that stress for nothing? lol

Keep in mind that Richmond is still on course for a treble: Imperial, Provincial and Pacific.

Good luck to all the rest of the way.

:cool:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific??? Did we not lost that to Surrey?!?! :confused::confused: Just the double will do thanks Reedie! LOL!!! :p

Holy crap, that's right...I honestly thought you guys were the inaugural Carlsberg Cup champions! Oh well, maybe next year...perhaps you should think about playing your B team from here on in to rest for the Pacific Cup opener next September?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi's weekly report....

ICST PEGASUS - CROATIA SC 2-1: Also on Sunday, at Vancouver Technical School, ICST Pegasus clinched first place in the VMSL Premier Division by edging Croatia SC by scoring two late goals to claim a hard-fought 2-1 victory. The Croatians took the early lead at about the 18th minute mark when Niko Marcina sent Cristian Tropeano on a breakaway with a deflected pass. Tropeano was originally flagged offside by the assistant referee, but the head official overruled the call and let play continue. Tropeano then proceeded to race in on goal uncontested, dribble by goalkeeper Didar Sandhu, and easily deposit the ball into the back of the net from close range. The goal seemed to stun the Pegasus team as they were unable to respond for much of the game, potentially placing their quest for the league title in jeopardy. Regardless, it was ICST Pegasus that had a couple of excellent opportunities to knot the score late in the first half as Reynold Stewart’s shot was saved by Didar Sandhu, while Chetan Jhooty narrowly missed the net with his shot. In the second half, both teams traded clear-cut chances to score with Pegasus coming close to tying things up on efforts by Sahil Sandhu, Carlos Dhaliwal, and Azad Palani. At the other end of the field, the Croatians almost doubled their lead when Chris Craveiro rang his shot off the crossbar while former Whitecap Jason Jordan also hit the woodwork with a shot from well inside the box. ICST Pegasus was finally able to knot the score at the 84th minute mark on a great individual effort by midfielder Chetan Jhooty as he collected the ball on the left flank, beat a couple of Croatian defenders, and fired a shot that Didar Sandhu was able to get a hand on, but not stop it from going into the net at the near post. The Croatians bounced back and almost regained the lead at the 87th minute mark when Goran Vitic raced by a couple of Pegasus defenders down the right wing and fired a shot towards the net from a wide angle. However, goalkeeper Andy Singh came up with a phenomenal save to keep his team in the match. Just before the full-time whistle, ICST Pegasus was able to clinch the dramatic victory—and thus the Premier Division title—when forward Sahil Sandhu squared a brilliant ball onto the path of a charging Adam Costley, who made no mistake in striking the ball firmly into the corner of the net. Pegasus’ goalkeeper Andy Singh came up with some big saves throughout the contest, particularly on dangerous goal-mouth scrambles. Midfielders Jag Gill, Chetan Jhooty, and Adam Costley also deserve special mention, as they led their team to victory with their tenacious and inspiring performances. For Croatia SC, defenders Matteo Agnoloni and Robin Hart were rock-solid throughout the match, while midfielder Lucas Sweda and forward Johnny Sulentic also played remarkably well, albeit in a losing cause. ICST Pegasus thus finishes the regular season with an impressive 15-5-2 record, while Croatia SC’s final record is a mediocre 8-3-11.

So Christian scored on his own goalie????

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
An interesting ruling for sure.

Croatian player plays the ball forward and it deflects off Peg player Marcina and goes directly to Croatian forward, who is at least 15 yards offside. Assistant referee puts flag up immediately but referee waves him off, insisting the play carries on. Croatian player proceeds to round the goalkeeper and then, shockingly, takes the piss by stopping on the goal line for several moments before tapping the ball into the empty net. All of which ocurred in the 19th minute. Yes, a very poor shout to be takin the piss like this at this juncture of the game, something I am quite sure he regrets at this time. Regardless, the referee decided to wave this play on because it was not a deflection in his opinion but rather a backward pass with intent. That's one hell of a terrible pass, although said player Marcina is, ironically, of Croatian descent.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was the ref Reedie?

The referee was Kevin. He is the official with the little Croatian colored contacts.

I think Kevin does a good job, especially when he starts yapping back at the players/fans (he has had some classic shouts), but this was a strange judgement call. There was no way the player had time to pass the ball. It deflected off him quickly, which means the attacker was sill offside. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0