Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From a club perspective, I get quite disappointed when our youth players don't naturally and seamlessly transition into our senior team.I think Reedie is doing a great job trying to solidify this transition but it comes with challenges. The culture is not the same as "back in the day", but dare I state, that isn't entirely a bad thing. There were aspects of our old culture, many alcohol related, that have to be handled with sensitivity today.

Our society offers a plethora of choices from commodities, to restaurants, to services, to schools, to sports and to teams. So many choices that it diminishes a person's fortitude to appreciate what they have and simply relish the substance of it and make it work. The greatest aspects of playing on a team is overcoming adversity collectively and meeting the objectives. That is lost in translation today.

Funny enough, it is the leaders within these clubs that originate from "the old days" that facilitate much of what we complain.

Tell you what, you take the collection of posters on this page, put them on an executive together, and you have yourself a pretty damn good club.

Great insight all!!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will always be tough to get any sort of fans out for the majority of our season. Really who wants to stand in 5 degree weather pissing rain on a Friday or Saturday night in the months of November, December, January of feb.
We played a friendly over the weekend and the players barely wanted to finish the game. Called it 10 min early as it was ugly and cold as ever.
I have a young family and would easily go watch a ,Croatia vs ,inter game if it was a sunny Sunday night. Or Saturday game. Bring the family or my boys. But no Chance mid winter.

Only guys watching mid winter has passionate soccer blood in them mixed with a few drinks to stay warm.

Your telling me a Surrey United vs Westvan game Friday night in June wouldn't get 100 people?

Perfect soccer family Friday night in my eyes. If you appreciate the local game etc. this winter shite is wearing on me as well. Hard to stand there in the pissing rain some nights doing a thankless job. Coaching kids that don't all care as much and get offers from every team out there that they will be "taken care of".

Is there a line up to coach premier teams? Or to build clubs and teams properly through the club system?

12 team season. March through September. Long weekends off. So you can plan your life.
Must be a "club" attached to a youth system and have a u21 team to be in the league.

Kids finish college and or don't make pro. Then we have a high end local league to watch and enjoy.

Hastings bowl. Back to backs in the summer. Saturday night.
100's would go. Clubs in this league would send ball boys. And promote through the entire youth side of the club.
U21's would come watch. Or a group of the team that the coach invites out etc.

Time for a change folks.
I've talked to a few coaches about this and it seems its the next step.

Winter soccer is bullshit. If you can barely get your own family out to watch in our wet and cold winters what are you seriously expecting?

Any coaches seriously in to this needs to speak up. More enjoyable coaching from a sunny sideline as well. Am I right?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will always be tough to get any sort of fans out for the majority of our season. Really who wants to stand in 5 degree weather pissing rain on a Friday or Saturday night in the months of November, December, January of feb.
We played a friendly over the weekend and the players barely wanted to finish the game. Called it 10 min early as it was ugly and cold as ever.
I have a young family and would easily go watch a ,Croatia vs ,inter game if it was a sunny Sunday night. Or Saturday game. Bring the family or my boys. But no Chance mid winter.

Only guys watching mid winter has passionate soccer blood in them mixed with a few drinks to stay warm.

Your telling me a Surrey United vs Westvan game Friday night in June wouldn't get 100 people?

Perfect soccer family Friday night in my eyes. If you appreciate the local game etc. this winter shite is wearing on me as well. Hard to stand there in the pissing rain some nights doing a thankless job. Coaching kids that don't all care as much and get offers from every team out there that they will be "taken care of".

Is there a line up to coach premier teams? Or to build clubs and teams properly through the club system?

12 team season. March through September. Long weekends off. So you can plan your life.
Must be a "club" attached to a youth system and have a u21 team to be in the league.

Kids finish college and or don't make pro. Then we have a high end local league to watch and enjoy.

Hastings bowl. Back to backs in the summer. Saturday night.
100's would go. Clubs in this league would send ball boys. And promote through the entire youth side of the club.
U21's would come watch. Or a group of the team that the coach invites out etc.

Time for a change folks.
I've talked to a few coaches about this and it seems its the next step.

Winter soccer is bullshit. If you can barely get your own family out to watch in our wet and cold winters what are you seriously expecting?

Any coaches seriously in to this needs to speak up. More enjoyable coaching from a sunny sideline as well. Am I right?

Not to mention alignment with the rest of the country. Nationals sees teams in peak form stack up against BC's rep who often has barely started coalescing at the level that got them there to begin with. How many more National titles would BC have? Tough to answer to be sure however you approach it but it's a question worth asking.

Great points all around Lion - hope all is well

- Huskies4life #grad98

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza live for today and tomorrow ...Don't dwell in past because that you can't change.....look to future man... that you have a chance to make a statement

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekend Results

January 9, 2015West Van FC A2 - 0Columbus FC AAmbleside D turf - WVAN7:30 pm
January 9, 2015Croatia SC A1 - 1Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves AMemorial South Turf - VAN8:00 pm
January 9, 2015Vancouver Olympics "A"0 - 5CCBRT UnitedQueen s Park Turf- NW8:00 pmRevised Jan 9
January 9, 2015ICST Pegasus4 - 2Langley FC HurricanesNewton Athletic 2 - SRY8:45 pm
January 10, 2015Inter FC5 - 2Rich. FC Hibernians ATrillium Turf East - VAN4:00 pm
January 11, 2015Surrey Utd. Firefighters A0 - 1EDC FC Burnaby ACloverdale Athletic # 2-SRY2:00 pm

Not much movement in the standings at the top or bottom other than Chile making a big jump out of the relegation zone.

Surrey United is going to start sweating some bullets here soon... :eek:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure anyone would have thought saying that BOTH Firefighters and Columbus could go down this year would be a legitimate prediction this late in the season...

Yaggers

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league discipline committee is a joke. 3 yellows over the course of the season equals a 1 game suspension. Getting sent off, losing your mind, throwing your jersey, attacking the other teams fans and throwing a punch at one of their fans equals a 1 game suspension too? Makes a lot of sense.....

SANGHERA, Aniel Vancouver Olympics ‘A’ Premier 2015-01-22 1 Game $10

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting sent off, losing your mind, throwing your jersey, attacking the other teams fans and throwing a punch at one of their fans equals a 1 game suspension too? Makes a lot of sense..... SANGHERA, Aniel Vancouver Olympics ‘A’ Premier 2015-01-22 1 Game $10

This (modern) society avoids (in general) dealing with bullies. Fear!? "Do not care; not my business" approach!? Who knows? Instead of dealing with bullies (individuals) we (society, authorities, etc.) tend to punish a whole group around a bully (and it starts right in elementary school when teachers are afraid to punish a kid who behaves badly and then keep the whole class 10-15 minutes after school as punishment!!!)

You probably heard yesterday that Minor Hockey League Association (I think in Nanaimo) is planning to ban spectators watching minor league hockey games because of some obnoxious parents!!!??? So, instead of banning a few idiots, calling police, dealing directly with idiots, etc. they are going to prevent all people watching their kids!!!

Anyway, with all due respect (I did not witness what happened on Jan.22nd), maybe that guy was provoked and attacked by that fan (a bully) so he punched him in self-defense and maybe that Discipline Committee realized that and gave him one game (because of red card). If that is the case I actually applaud that Committee. But, based on your harsh wording, it could be something entirely different in which case... well, no need to comment.

Also, this comes as an addition to my previous comments about clubs being responsible for fans' behavior. If anyone asks me that is totally wrong. Again, with all those bullies and idiots out there - call police and do not expect that a coach or manager needs to deal with that bully because, again, there is police for something like that (or security, of course).

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL it's very simple. Send the young man to BC Soccer guys and they will throw book at the guy. In schools sure you have kids that are high strong. In lower schools teachers deal with not so bad, but in high school teacher should use school cops. That's the reason he or she is there. Three strikes and you are out is the best rule. When the young man hast go across town to to school he or she will get time to think. For most it's parents at fault. No time for kids. In any sport be loud and cheer the kids on to have fun is nothing wrong. But when you see ref's cheating in a under nine game some parents go nuts.
Checking does not start till U14, what is there to be mad about? If parent is attacking the ref than he or she should sit out. But at the same time all it take is v-tape of the game and a clear picture is there. I have coached both hockey and soccer for year. No parent ever last it with out a solid reason. In house most parents loose it when their kids do not equal playing time. In rep for most fight is against ref due to them living in the area of the game clearly are not equal.
In the old days ref's went from Burnaby to Surrey from Surrey to north Van. Never when Surrey teams played North Van. One has to look in to things before they blame parents. They are the ones paying for friggen ref and for their kid to play. They should be able to be heard. For most club presidents do not support the parents and here you are. Reporters love to shoot the crap and blame few parents.
When it costs three four thousand a year for a kid to play the sport than I do not see no reason why one a month club has meetings with ref's and club president. Through proper feed back things change but calling people idiot with out a solid reasons is no better than the crooked ref.
I development stage there should be no score posted. In rep programs from 9 on yes. The biggest problem here is player stealing players stacking the teams and the laughing at kids and parents from other clubs.
Sport has to be fun or you will for ever destroy all we work hard for. Ask the kid if he head fun that day when the stacked team beats the twenty to zero and you will know why parents go nuts.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could have sworn that this was the VMSL Premier Predictions, Results and Banter 2014/2015 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0