Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I saw that earlier this morning as well - must be either just that game or if Chile squeezes into the mix, that's the first game of the 3.

That being said though - Extra time and PKs for all playoff matches I presume?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I saw that earlier this morning as well - must be either just that game or if Chile squeezes into the mix, that's the first game of the 3.

Dunno. Maybe just PKs as a head-to-head tiebreaker in case of teams level on pts after RR play??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe it's straight to pks in case of a draw. At least that's how it was last time there was a 3-way which was between TSA Royals, Sarajevo, and UBC Metropolitan to determine which 2 of 3 would be promoted to Div 1 in 2011.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see posted on the Excellent site:
  • In case of a tie at the end of regulation time – two 15-minute halves of overtime will be played. If the game is still tied after overtime, the result will be decided by penalty kicks.
The Inter vs Langley playoff match is scheduled to follow right after the Imperial Cup final on Saturday April 2nd... awesome!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's like pulling teeth to get interest in here this year :rolleyes:

West Van 2-0 Chile

The defending BC Champs will not have the opportunity to repeat now and the Inter vs Langley game is the only playoff game to get the last VMSL spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter is off to the BCs with a 2-1 win... not too sure if anyone saw it as Burnaby Lake emptied out drastically after the Imperial Cup final...

Anyways, there you go, VMSL Premier season done, worst ever on TTP probably - correlation with the skill level of the league now? I have my concerns...

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greg, I can understand your concerns which may also be the same some other members may have regarding the administrative part of the VMSL which is planned to be changed for next season.

Unfortunately two weeks before the start of the 2015/16 season and with most of the updates ready to go the person in charge of making these changes, for unexpected reasons, had to step down from his position.

Due to this situation the rest of the directors where put in the difficult position of having to take charge of finalizing the schedule, upload it on the website and other tasks related with the start of the season.

We all know that there is always a reason behind a problem and this was very unfortunate and uncomfortable for everyone.

I personally have a lot of confidence in this Board and hope that all these necessary changes will be implemented and ready to be used on the upcoming 2016/17 season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be clear, I was only speaking of the apparent interest in the premier division here on TTP this year.

Yesterday was maybe the 3rd or 4th VMSL Premier league game I've seen since 2004 - the tactics and skill level just seemed blah... chalk it up to a cup game I guess with so much on the line but others I talked to who have seen way more than I have over the past decade said the same.

#runonsentenceFTW

Cheers,

Greg.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greg, thank you for clarifying the content of your post. I was a little confused with it.
Anyways my post may clarify some doubts that some members may have about the events that occurred in the VMSL at the beginning of the season.
Have a good day.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking to an oldtimer yesterday at t he game, and 100 per cent what has now developed is the result of on turf. Thats why Canada dominates other countries when they get them on their home field.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greg, what we need is Soccer Coach to get his team to VMSL premier. Other teams will be forced to try and keep up tactically. Apparently Ice Cream isn't the answer for motivation. After learning this detail coaches across the division are scrambling to try and figure out what the new age methods are.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, players today in the VMSL are actually technically superior than those in Greg's era. This is likely the result of some progress being made at the grassroots level of the game with more of a focus being placed on skills and technique than on "booting the ball hard", as it rightly should be. There is still a lot of work to do at the grassroots level but that's another topic for another day. Back to the VMSL where the disappointing thing continues to be the makeup of the league in terms of true "club" teams. That's where Greg's era wins out big time. Again in my opinion, the majority of the teams in today's VMSL are lacking the camaraderie, commitment, loyalty, and spirit of VMSL teams in the past. In an odd coincidence, Sunday evening revenues at the Roxy have declined over the same time period.

Best of luck to all in the Prov Cup.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@reedie , your 100% right.
The players come out of youth now with much more skill and pace even. But the room isn't how it used to be. Which maybe transfers on to the pitch as a "team".

they always have somewhere to race off too, or have some excuse of school, work etc.

Perhaps it is tougher on this next generation when it comes to financials etc. I know most the young guys struggle to get their finances straight and just don't seem to have the money to enjoy post games as much as a decade ago. Good jobs for the young guys are impossible to come by. Where a decade or so ago the young guys had some coin and were not afraid to drop a hundred at the Roxy.

These days they just don't have it.
That's my take at least. I'm sure different geographical areas might have more money with the young twenties.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey @Ballbaby,

Didn't know if you heard...

I didn't know were to put this here or in the FVSL section..;)

After knocking out my son's Sounders U23 PDL team in the second round of the US Open Cup, Surrey United and Trinity Western University player Joel Waterman (now playing for Kitsap Pumas PDL) just knocked out Sacramento Republic of the USL and are now off to play the Seattle Sounders of the MLS in the 4th round.

Joel is in a very good vane of form right now and has started both of the last two US Open Cup games. Here's hoping he continues to do well and pulls off a huge upset when they play the Sounders on June 15th at the Starfire Complex! Good kid and nice family!

Also playing for Kitsap is BC product and Trinity Western University Kalem Scott from the island. I believe Kalem played for CCB?

Good luck to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0