Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why was the Slurrey - West Van fixture PPD?

One assumes the rain, they do play on grass.

As for their relegation standing, sure there's only 2 pts between them and 5th place and it's very early, but they used to be a juggernaut and perennial Prov Cup threat. Last year they had a totally inauspicious finish to the season and that form appears to be continuing.

I don't know for sure, but before last season when was the last time that the Surrey/Vancouver Firefighters failed to qualify for the provincial tournament?? The Firefighters/Surrey Utd. franchise is the most decorated in the history of the VMSL 12 League titles according to the VMSL by far the most when you consider that Westside is second with 5. It just seems like the pedigree just hasn't there for whatever reason over the last 10 or so months.

Maybe I am off in my line of thinking here??? I'm sure someone can fact check me ;)

LHE

Nov 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tigers 1 - 1 Pacific United. Ruben in the middle and up to his old tricks. 6 yellows and 2 straight reds to Pacific United. Just 1 yellow for tigers

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tigers 1 - 1 Pacific United. Ruben in the middle and up to his old tricks. 6 yellows and 2 straight reds to Pacific United. Just 1 yellow for tigers

Hard to blame the ref for this one. Both reds were clear cut, denials of goalscoring opportunities, and I think max 2 yellows were for dissent. One incident right in front of our bench had the Pacific United player scream at the ref "what the fcuk was that," when a call went against him, and the old Ruben would have definitely carded him, but he actually showed leniency in not doing so.

I really thought we were finally going to put a W on the board, but credit to Pacifc United for lifting their game after the first sending off, and Taj with some kind of wonderstrike.
If our team keeps playing like they did today, we may finally get out of the basement of the illustrious TTP Power Rankings!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really thought we were finally going to put a W on the board, but credit to Pacifc United for lifting their game after the first sending off, and Taj with some kind of wonderstrike.
If our team keeps playing like they did today, we may finally get out of the basement of the illustrious TTP Power Rankings!

Sounds like you just drew 9 men...

Not sure exactly how Regs calculates his Power Rankings but I doubt performances like that are going to cut it in his mind...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see CJ playing so well. Honestly more then enough talent to have actually made it had he had his head in the right place when he was younger. What a talent.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW ends in a 2-2 stalemate.

Peg moves to within a point of the league leaders now as they thumped the seriously slumping BC Champions Chile 3-0... has a defending BC Champion ever gone winless after nationals and been relegated?

Don't answer that! :eek:

:)

In the other Friday nighter, the Croats moved up the table with a 3-0 win over Pacific United... PU now has 1 point to show from their last 4 games and could find themselves in the bottom half of the table by the end of the weekend.

Zima

Sep 17, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford's Carlo Basso scored a pk midway through the first half. From where I was standing, I am not sure if I would have called it but maybe the ref saw something else. Looked to me as though the player flopped as the ball was rolling off the pitch. The pk was against the run of play but overall, the first half was pretty evenly matched.

Early in the second half, West Van tied it up. Great through ball to a forward who finished nicely. Metro-Ford hit the post next and almost scored off of the rebound. Metro-Ford scored next off of another pk. A definite pk in my opinion. Goalie bringing down the Metro-Ford player on the edge of the box. The player was going away from goal so no card was given. West Van then tied it up on a free kick into the box that was flicked into the back of the net. With about 10-15 minutes left in the second half, Metro-Ford's right back acquired his second yellow and was sent off. In my opinion West Van had a slight edge in the second half, despite the shot off of the post and the second pk.

Pretty entertaining match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0