Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier: Results and Banter, November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the NorVan vs Metro Ford game up at Confederation this afternoon. I thought that NorVan competed quite well (albeit not creating much) in the first half. But they increasingly resorted to a hump it, or, actually hump it out of bounds, very narrow, style which really empowered Metro Ford, who came on big time in the last hour. Norvan's goaltender was impressive, and so was the MF #14, and actually Kingsley at the back for them. But Norvan seemed to be bent on a 0-0 score at home, and then were unable to change gears after a very poorly marked MF goal on a set piece, where everyone could see that coming. Two or three NV players looked like this level has passed them by or is not attainable for them a bit. # 3 for Norvan was occasionally dangerous. Not a great game to watch though. But that goal, as far as organizing...pretty preventable, IMO.

Norvan must be disappointed about that slip-up.

Final score, 1-0 Metro Ford over Norvan.

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did Coach. Especially after last night. But I do not believe I saw and certainly did not post about anyone else that looked "old".

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the NorVan vs Metro Ford game up at Confederation this afternoon. I thought that NorVan competed quite well (albeit not creating much) in the first half. But they increasingly resorted to a hump it, or, actually hump it out of bounds, very narrow, style which really empowered Metro Ford, who came on big time in the last hour. Norvan's goaltender was impressive, and so was the MF #14, and actually Kingsley at the back for them. But Norvan seemed to be bent on a 0-0 score at home, and then were unable to change gears after a very poorly marked MF goal on a set piece, where everyone could see that coming. Two or three NV players looked like this level has passed them by or is not attainable for them a bit. # 3 for Norvan was occasionally dangerous. Not a great game to watch though. But that goal, as far as organizing...pretty preventable, IMO.

Norvan must be disappointed about that slip-up.

Final score, 1-0 Metro Ford over Norvan.

Sir M.
Great report

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 0 Metroford 1. I guess teams at the top of the league do have luck on their side, Norvan played well all over the park but could not finish ( well we did but into our own net).

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumour that it (the MF goal) was actually an own goal......Futbol..any truth to that??

Cheers!

Dink!!!! True, it hit one of the corners of my square head:( Still trying to find a groove after missing 6 weeks with the calf... I better find it soon........ On to next week....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whisle blower you shoud have watched todays game Croatia vs Richmond.Club has a lead. Coach makes the dumbest sub and the game goes south. Good for Richmond side.
Old man has to go. Zaharija has to be back on the team. Brothers have to be with the club. The league is tough you can not aford to drop points on bad subs. Nothing against the players that went in. It is stupid to change things while you have a lead.
I just can not balive that Johny and Darko would go for that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are a good guy he is and old guy in every form. I only like midrange tender. That is our guy from Richmond that bit his tongue. And how. What is with whisle blower he will bring heat on if he talks like that.Willy will have fun with this weeks post.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whisle blower you shoud have watched todays game Croatia vs Richmond.Club has a lead. Coach makes the dumbest sub and the game goes south. Good for Richmond side.
Old man has to go. Zaharija has to be back on the team. Brothers have to be with the club. The league is tough you can not aford to drop points on bad subs. Nothing against the players that went in. It is stupid to change things while you have a lead.
I just can not balive that Johny and Darko would go for that.
I don't understand this post... all these words. What is your rating of their coach, Mr. Base?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting WTF?

I haven't seen any Premier games. What the hell has happened to Sporting? Last year everything seemed to go their way, this year they are not even close in any games. Have they just got old fast? Did everyone leave? Can anyone give an opinion of their situation.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well are struggling, that is an understatement, but to say we haven't been close in any games is nonsense. We've lost four 1-0 games. I thought we played well against Surrey Firefighters last weekend and deserved a better fate. I was hoping that would give us some confidence, but we looked absolutely terrible last Friday. It's been a very frustrating year, hopefully we can right the ship fast!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is simple. There is four coaches. It just depends what one will show up. Golden rule of soccer is simple. Do not change things unles they are broken. Subing under two to one lead is simply fullish in all aspects. You bring in a cold guy and it all goes to shite. Team is a good team. Fitness is a facter and it shows in some situations player has a brain fart.
Skill is as good as any side or better.You can not depend on a one guy. They will close him down. Outside midfielders have to be free to take people on in the last third to make the game flow. Old guy is choking the team from playing attacking fast pace soccer. The do have the players. Only three thing have to change. Nuber one twin has to come back and play with his brother.Mandic boys come back and old man let Jonhy run the team. He get him self a golf cart and a goog pitching wedge and a good potter. He must be masacist to put up with all that crap.Hope he wins next game or standing will be tough on the side line. And the worse thing you can do is to warm up all the players before the game. Subs should never worm up till they get called to go in

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 West Van 0

Fairly even game. Jomo scored on a peno after Tempesta was fouled by the West Van goalie at the top of the box, probably a poor decision by him to commit to that challenge, but oh well, we took the peno and 3 points.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - WVFC 0

Well fought match on both sides. Inter had a couple more chances over the course of the match while WV were more dangerous on a few crosses. Goal came at the end of the first half off a stupid goalkeeper decision to try to take off Tempesta's head while running through to intercept a long ball going to the keeper, resulting in a PK that Jomo calmly converted. WV pushed at the end of the second half with a few good chances with the last one, a header from Baessatto cleared off the line by Spraklin. Well earned by Inter but unfortunate for WV to lose it on a PK.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 West Van 0

Fairly even game. Jomo scored on a peno after Tempesta was fouled by the West Van goalie at the top of the box, probably a poor decision by him to commit to that challenge, but oh well, we took the peno and 3 points.

Nice work Gilly ;)

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice to see the inter boys posting after a long break. i guess you only post when you win. probably was a bad decision on my part to take out your player but i still think that it was outside the box. If it was inside then i would have punched it for sure. Tempesta landed in the box, but i think that was after two or three roles, far short of the six roles that one of inter's strikers' rolled in the second half after a tackle. whatever, the ref called it and jomo slotted it nicely. as previously said, we had a couple of chances in the second but could not finish. Looking forward to our next game against inter.

romafan86

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, it was an even game. Lotta WV players got shuffled around due to some key players missing. You could tell there were times when the backline was unsure of what to do. Second half tho was better, lucky break when the ball got cleared off the line at the very end, it went off my face!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well are struggling, that is an understatement, but to say we haven't been close in any games is nonsense. We've lost four 1-0 games. I thought we played well against Surrey Firefighters last weekend and deserved a better fate. I was hoping that would give us some confidence, but we looked absolutely terrible last Friday. It's been a very frustrating year, hopefully we can right the ship fast!

Well, I admired the play of Sporting last year. You had flair and speed, and were physically tough when need be. A few games have gotten away on you and I've been around a long time to know; it usually doesn't go your way year-after-year. Last year bounces went your way at times - perhaps some luck and just creating the bounces due to skill and hard work. But the smallest changes can kill a team - fitness, new season, another year older, mental discipline, hence confidence - all these slight changes can have a profound effect on results. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to overcome and team spirit diminishes. Somehow you have to get out of the funk. Hopefully you win a game on a flukie bounce, or you score on every chance you get and massacre a team; something.
Good luck to you, I have always been a Gomes Bro fan, and I would hate to see Sporting get relegated like my beloved Sapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0