Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier: Results and Banter, November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
its a shame the loudest fan is hitting that he wont be attending there was a private VIP reserved for the captain shamrock.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A SHOC-KING performance by the referee last night, for both sides.
I wasn't going to post anything about this but as you've brought it up CIC, I have to agree with your comment and now feel obligated to vent...Alain was terrible last night. I became one of his biggest fans last year, but so far this year, his officiating performances have deteriorated from the excellent levels he achieved last year. I think the one thing that bugs me the most is the manner in which last nights game was so one-sided with his calls in favor of Sporting...what makes this even worse is knowing his personal friendships/relationships, and those of his missus, with some of the Sporting players. Whichever Dormer is #16 should have been shown a yellow for flying in studs up on Salty after he cleared the ball, but nothing was shown. Our striker goes shoulder to shoulder with Gomesy Jr off the sidelines, Gomesy falls, and our guy gets a yellow??? Alain was terrible too with his ghost call on CIC when he beat a sprawling Brum to the ball and somehow gets called for kicking Brum to get the ball??? Fcuking awful officiating!!! :eek::eek: The icing on the cake was with a minute to go in the game, CIC and Gomesy Jr both run into the same bouncing ball and Gomesy Jr theatrically dives after both players had equal contact on the ball and then Alain gives CIC a 2nd yellow to send him off.

Needless to say, Alain's performance last night was an embarrassment to both squads and the league and he should be strictly supervised in his next few matches to ensure he can recover his officiating form of last year.

Having said all that, at least we came away with all 3-points and a shutout, even if we were robbed a player for our upcoming match with Columbus.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
its a shame the loudest fan is hitting that he wont be attending there was a private VIP reserved for the captain shamrock.

Hmmm, sounds interesting...............:)

Loudest fan? Come to think of it, I think I have been rather loud the last two Club Ireland/RCIU Serbia matches. Once again, good luck to everyone involved, especially the people making money from this battle.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't going to post anything about this but as you've brought it up CIC, I have to agree with your comment and now feel obligated to vent...Alain was terrible last night. I became one of his biggest fans last year, but so far this year, his officiating performances have deteriorated from the excellent levels he achieved last year. I think the one thing that bugs me the most is the manner in which last nights game was so one-sided with his calls in favor of Sporting...what makes this even worse is knowing his personal friendships/relationships, and those of his missus, with some of the Sporting players. Whichever Dormer is #16 should have been shown a yellow for flying in studs up on Salty after he cleared the ball, but nothing was shown. Our striker goes shoulder to shoulder with Gomesy Jr off the sidelines, Gomesy falls, and our guy gets a yellow??? Alain was terrible too with his ghost call on CIC when he beat a sprawling Brum to the ball and somehow gets called for kicking Brum to get the ball??? Fcuking awful officiating!!! :eek::eek: The icing on the cake was with a minute to go in the game, CIC and Gomesy Jr both run into the same bouncing ball and Gomesy Jr theatrically dives after both players had equal contact on the ball and then Alain gives CIC a 2nd yellow to send him off.

Needless to say, Alain's performance last night was an embarrassment to both squads and the league and he should be strictly supervised in his next few matches to ensure he can recover his officiating form of last year.

Having said all that, at least we came away with all 3-points and a shutout, even if we were robbed a player for our upcoming match with Columbus.

I think Alan is one of the best referees in the league. At times I have been disappointed with his calls this year but he is approachable and will explain his perspective after the fact.

I am not part of his social circle but I think it is inappropriate to suggest that a referee would bend his calls because of "friendships." If anything, he would likely try harder to be objective.

Dragging the "missus" into it is offside. She was not involved and should not be associated with your criticism. Criticize the merits of the calls all you want, but don't question their integrity.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It has to be made clear that the above comments are one person's opinion and do not represent our club, RCIU.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has to be made clear that the above comments are one person's opinion and do not represent our club, RCIU.
You're becoming tiresome and boring CS...are your still on the Peg-Indo-ST payroll??? And you're our club president??? Can't be easy being dedicated to both equally mate.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Alan is one of the best referees in the league. At times I have been disappointed with his calls this year but he is approachable and will explain his perspective after the fact.
Alain usually is approachable, but I think that's what disappointed me after the game the most is that he wouldn't even look at us, he just grabbed his gear and took off with the linesmen as quick as he could.

I am not part of his social circle but I think it is inappropriate to suggest that a referee would bend his calls because of "friendships." If anything, he would likely try harder to be objective.
Believe me, I know most referees in this league with friendships, i.e. Walks, Branco, Rene do their utmost to be professional and objective when officiating games with known friendships, but Alain is relatively new to our local soccer scene and his recent performances have been way off his normal level of excellence I witnessed several times last season. I'm not downright accusing him of making biased decisions, but the calls I'm referring to did involve the Gomes brothers, whom I have been told are social friends with Alain.

Alain usually is approachable, but I think that's what disappointed me after the game the most is that he wouldn't even look at us, he just grabbed his gear and took off with the linesmen as quick as he could.

Dragging the "missus" into it is offside. She was not involved and should not be associated with your criticism. Criticize the merits of the calls all you want, but don't question their integrity.
I wasn't dragging his missus into my comments maliciously or with any disrespect; she is a fine referee and again, because of the nature of specific calls in our game and knowing their social circle, it only makes it tougher for Alain to be fully objective.

At the end of the day, Alain has been a great addition to our pool of referees. My comments were not intended to come across as malicious or disrespectful; it was my frustrated criticism directed at an individual who I have great respect for as a referee, but whom I believe has been far off his game so far this season, based on 5 different games I've watched, or parts of games, him officiate. Just like players, perhaps he is in a slump and will return to the high level I'm sure he holds himself to every game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're becoming tiresome and boring CS...are your still on the Peg-Indo-ST payroll??? And you're our club president??? Can't be easy being dedicated to both equally mate.

Wow.........when you're called out for making an ass of yourself, you sure know how to get out of it. :rolleyes:

As mentioned, the comments of one COACH within our club does not represent the club as a whole.

To Alan and Michelle, on behalf of RCIU, we're sorry for the comments which were made. We neither support them and know that you will continue to be good officials.

Reedie, do you care to comment on Burnro's sad but petty 'rant'?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.........when you're called out for making an ass of yourself, you sure know how to get out of it. :rolleyes:

As mentioned, the comments of one COACH within our club does not represent the club as a whole.

To Alan and Michelle, on behalf of RCIU, we're sorry for the comments which were made. We neither support them and know that you will continue to be good officials.

How much crack did you smoke this morning El Presidente?!:confused::eek: I just fininshed posting above that my comments were out of frustration and surprise as to Alan's performance the other night, but that I still believe him to be one of our better officials who perhaps had an off night.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe the RCIU club would make such statements about a ref's bird shagging players on another team.

Maybe that's why Sporting is sucking so bad this year? I dunno, just throwing it out there.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes CS, I will comment, as follows:

It has to be made clear that the comments made by Burnro are one person's opinion and do not represent my club, ICST Pegasus. Moving forward, any ICST Pegasus player or staff that comments negatively on the officiating of RCIU and/or Sporting matches will be docked a week's wages and they may also lose access to their company vehicle and gas card. Per diem and family allowance will continue, as negotiated by the union.

On another note, I wonder how much they are charging for tickets at Cloverdale tonight for Millar's return to Surrey United. I will pay up to $50 for this game.

Prediction:

3-2 SU!

2 x red cards...Thomo and Millar :D

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey tommy, i believe that the person that you quoted was an inter player. not sure but he said that he cleared the ball off the line with his face and inter did this in the second half. quote]
Well I believe looking back at the quote, it said the ball was going in off his face. I can see how it could be misleading, but Im pretty sure it was a WVFC player. He is definately one player who was lucky to be playing with suspensions and players away or he wouldnt be dressing. If he kept his eyes open, the game is tied, but he was probably blinded by his mom taking a photo of him actually playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0