Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier: Results and Banter, November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I admired the play of Sporting last year. You had flair and speed, and were physically tough when need be. A few games have gotten away on you and I've been around a long time to know; it usually doesn't go your way year-after-year. Last year bounces went your way at times - perhaps some luck and just creating the bounces due to skill and hard work. But the smallest changes can kill a team - fitness, new season, another year older, mental discipline, hence confidence - all these slight changes can have a profound effect on results. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to overcome and team spirit diminishes. Somehow you have to get out of the funk. Hopefully you win a game on a flukie bounce, or you score on every chance you get and massacre a team; something.
Good luck to you, I have always been a Gomes Bro fan, and I would hate to see Sporting get relegated like my beloved Sapp.

Read: When Sporting get relegated the Gomes Brothers are welcome to join the promoted Sapp team.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Me

I'm not a poacher like some guys who show up around Nations Cup and dog players all weekend and call them 10 - 20 times begging them to play for them. I wonder who that could be.......:rolleyes:
But if Sapp gets promoted AND Sporting stumbles, I'll be all over it!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hypothetically speaking....

That not that specifically happened to any of your players, though…

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, it was an even game. Lotta WV players got shuffled around due to some key players missing.

Yes, West Van were missing several players, for various reasons. The most noteworthy is the big WVFC wedding in Maui, where the COTY, the VMSL leading scorer (six goals in the last two games) plus several others from the club (including JAGS and Eagles, not that they would have helped the boys last night, but at least they would have livened things up on the Shore a bit) are over there celebrating. But we had some key veterans/players over there for the big wedding.

So good luck to the happy couple!

Sir M.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, it was an even game. Lotta WV players got shuffled around due to some key players missing.
Having key players happens a lot in this league. Injuries, suspensions and school commitments affect most teams in the league all year round. Its not until cup time when a team gets their full squad. All teams get better, even Westside does. Yes WVFC were missing some key players. Inter hasnt had their leading league goal scorer from last year yet and missing others due to injury. Its just a fact. From past posts when WVFC loses its always "missing key guys or bad ref" and we look forward to the rematch when everyone is back. So what are you saying then, that you arent good enough to be playing? That you dont have the depth? Teams should just admit it that they werent good enough on the night and didnt deserve to win. Stop making excuses!!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey tommy, i believe that the person that you quoted was an inter player. not sure but he said that he cleared the ball off the line with his face and inter did this in the second half. I think that our team was just posting what happened at our game and i don't think that they were excuses. We do have depth and we can field a team even if we are missing key players. It has happened before and like you said it happens to every team. Unlike a lot of other teams in two weeks we will not have any number problems for that rest of the season. I don't think that we are going to wait until cup time to turn it on. As for us whining about the refs or missing players every time we lose at least we post and give the ttp community something from our game, not like other teams who only post when they win or hide behind their ttp name when called out. Bottom line is inter scored and we didn't. No excuses! we should have done better on a few chances but we didn't. WE move on and focus on next week.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All teams get better, even Westside does.

WTF is it with you mate?? This is the second time I've read you giving Westside a hard time. Beginning of the season you said that we would be joining Serbia getting relegated because there was no AFC to beat. The standings show 5 teams below us and that's before we get better....'even'.

Seriously, whats the story with you? I respect a man's opinion on what he rates and what he doesn't rate, but your hard-on for Westside seems strong. Some Westsider piss in your cereal some morning?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentlemen,

Does anyone know where the fcuking $10 is going from the Serbia/Croatia game at Town Center? I'm sorry, but that is a FCUKING joke. It's bad enough it's out there but $10? If this money is going to charity, fair enough. Otherwise, the league can fcuk right off. :mad:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentlemen,

Does anyone know where the fcuking $10 is going from the Serbia/Croatia game at Town Center? I'm sorry, but that is a FCUKING joke. It's bad enough it's out there but $10? If this money is going to charity, fair enough. Otherwise, the league can fcuk right off. :mad:

CS... The money that is being charged is to cover the expenses for the game.. renting out the stadium cost alot because its considered a "special event" so they are not charging the normal rates for a turf field... security is the biggest expense for this game... its not a money making scheme... we tried to get Swangard Stadium but were told that they are closing it and will be unavailable for this game...

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
$10 to see star #1 in his little hotpants/shorts !!! I can get that for free at any one of the numerous Indo tourneys :p

Adanac would still be preferable IMO

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Town centre is fine. There is going to be lots of folks. Ten dollars in nothing to see the game like that. It will be nice to see pople sing and chent. Just like the old days.
There is few very good players on both sides. I think game might end up tie. That's how close the league is this year. This weekend we will get to see Bosna vs Nk Hrvat also lots of folks will show up to Beacansfield in behind Italian community centre. You will be see what a fourth div soccer is by the Europinan standard. Good fun.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentlemen,

its for strippers and roman candles:D

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its also a public park with lots of entrances;);)

Might have to get U6 game at the same time, DJones can you sort that out for us???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Town centre is fine. There is going to be lots of folks. Ten dollars in nothing to see the game like that. It will be nice to see pople sing and chent. Just like the old days.
There is few very good players on both sides. I think game might end up tie. That's how close the league is this year. This weekend we will get to see Bosna vs Nk Hrvat also lots of folks will show up to Beacansfield in behind Italian community centre. You will be see what a fourth div soccer is by the Europinan standard. Good fun.

$10 maybe for the Serbia vs. Croatia national teams, not VMSL teams.

Anyway, I still think it's fcuking bollocks........

RCIU needs to start fencing Minoru off for the game against Columbus on the weekend since they have some very good players too........

euro-11

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well captain shamrock if u wanna see a real european type of athmosphere , u should come to the game

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well captain shamrock if u wanna see a real european type of athmosphere , u should come to the game

That's not the point, Euro..........but you're right, it would be good to go to.....however an hour long drive from Steveston is not in the cards.

Well done to whoever is pocketing money from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0