Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – February 05’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Zaurrini said:
How the hell do you you know Zaurrini if the boys did not think these games were important.

This coming from a guy who bailed on Inter!!!!

Nice.

1) I am taking Regs' word that they didnt feel the regular season games had any importance.
2) I bailed :rolleyes: on Inter to save the Rangers.

Discuss.copyright Regs 2005

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Why is it embarassing when a bunch of boys retire after a big year?
They have now been there done that.
Obviously they did not want to get relegated, but the team is moving on.

Like it or not those are just the facts.
well coach I think the fvsl has boys & the metro has men ,,,you said it with your own mouth

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
To stay on topic, Club Ireland will be merging with Richmond United and the Blaze next year to form a 'Superteam', which will win first division and be promoted to premier. We will then win that but will have the whole league against us because we will be paying players. On top of that, we will start fights/brawls every second game and I fancy our chances against anybody. If we're really desperate, we might play the 'race' card, or the fact that most of us are from Richmond/Tsawwassen - the RT card.

shite Captain you were supposed to keep that one quiet. We still have uniforms and a name to discuss. Informaly i like the Blazing Irish Idiots but i don't think that will work as a club name. As for uniforms, i think a green, white and red hooped shirt would be nice. Socks and shorts to match the origins of the player. White shirts and hooped socks for CLub I, red socks and whatever the hell the Richmond boys wear and whatever doesn't match for the BLaze boys.

We also need to work on finding a trainer to get evryone in fighting shape. Dale Walters may be available but will need to confirm that. As for the race card i was talking to the local Grand Wizard and he said "race" support is no problem.

Until the cross burning, oops, i mean big meeting,

Blaze

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it would be great for soccer if these teams amalgomated. Blaze, the uniforms would look fantastic: Green, red, and yellow? AFC2!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7 said:
1) I am taking Regs' word that they didnt feel the regular season games had any importance.
What I said was that Peg has not lost a game that mattered in over a year. I've since qualified that statement by explaining that in the grande scheme of things, games that matter are cup games.

Peg barely avoided relegation last year if my memory serves me correctly and ended up finishing 5th on their side. Not so lucky this year, that much is apparent.

If they beat Clanbus in 2 weeks, they must be one of the favorites to win the BCs. Just getting there is obviously their focus right now but it would not surprise me in the least if they won the rest of their cup games...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True enough, Regs.

One thing Peg does well is win the big cup games. That is a proven-they know how to win in the clutch.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Just getting there is obviously their focus right now but it would not surprise me in the least if they won the rest of their cup games...

Hard to argue that...
In fact, I wouldnt be surprised either.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
Instead, they came back nearly a month into another VMSL premiership campaign. Without going too overboard on the comparisons, it's like playing regular season games a week after hoisting the Stanley Cup, or playing a three-game interleague set after winning the World Series. It is hard to get amped about the premiership's regular season when you don't have to be a competitive regular-season team to make provincials. Hell, you don't even have to be a premier team to make provincials. Just keep winning Imperial Cup games, which was already mentioned.

I completely agree with that analogy.
Not to mention, every team they play is gunning for them.

That is why I questioned the last 6-7 games, and not the entire season.
I didnt expect Peg to come from the thrill of winning the national championship, to mucking out a win against the Trollers in mid november.
But, come February and March....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0