Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – February 05’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, while you're communicating electronically with Sensei, why don't you ask him to explain the backpass rule to you?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Backpass Rule

Part 1 - As a goalkeeper, you should always be prepared to knife the opposition's goalie (your union brother) in the back by yelling out to the referee than any ball played back to your counterpart/nemesis is a back-pass. Like when the shitty left back cranks a 15-yarder off his shin pad, and watches it spin and twist back into his goalkeeper's hands. Good shouts include "I've seen that guy play before, and that was one of his better passes," and "if you let him get away with it now, he'll do it 10 more times."

Part 2 - You can actually confuse your netminding brethren and carve your garbage striker at the same time. When your frontrunner slips another harmless (read: useless) looking grassroller in on net, yell out "BACK PASS!!" and see what happens. Aside from letting your striker know what everybody else is loathe to say about his shooting ability, the opposing keeper might become confused and decide to play the thing with his feet, which opens up a whole new, fascinating can of worms. Pure comedy aside, you also have the wildcard of confusing the referee, who might award you a free kick if you're lucky. Chances of pulling the wool over a match official become infinitely higher if Walks is the man in the middle. Well, Walks or that ref with the eyepatch who reeks like gin. Either or.

Let me know if you need any more assistance. I also offer seminars in "How Standing Perfectly Still With Your Arm Raised Makes For An Effective Offside Trap" and "The Coerver Conspiracy: Why You Will Never Beat Anybody With That Bogus Step-Over Move"

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure that was a really funny reply but I'm afraid I didn't get it.

Hopefully bulljive will explain it. I hear he gets jokes.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was posting to you only, I would send you a pm.

In a public forum called Take The Piss, my post would be considered a piss-take.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - Firemen 0

We made some terrible mistakes today and played our worst game of the year! This will surely hurt our Provincial chances.......Time to re-group for next weekend.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word has it that the MF Wolves beat AFC 2-0. I think that makes things extremely tough for the defending Canadian Champs to stay up. Sad day for Peg, I'm sure. Who would have thunk it :( !

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones said:
Word has it that the MF Wolves beat AFC 2-0. I think that makes things extremely tough for the defending Canadian Champs to stay up. Sad day for Peg, I'm sure. Who would have thunk it :( !
I guess metro are lucky pegs are on there side I guessthere are no provs for metro ford but pegs are still alive,the provs are wher its at,metro ford are shite!what does that mean for pegs
regs????????????

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think Pegs is down to div 1, but Azzi loves to pull out his trump card: a 3 point deduction, anytime he wants against any team. My guess is Firemen could still be relegated......perhaps in May, possibly June, even July!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg is done in premier but at the end of the day, does it really matter?

Peg hasn't lost a game that mattered in over a year now...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad Peg

I completely and totally disagree and with all due respect to larrson and Rick Titus that is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. I think there is about 4 to 6 "important" league games Peg didn't win that wouldn't have made them the soccer equivalent of the Lou Bega and the mambo #5. I find it tough to believe that you can just brush off being relegated as to 'Eeeh, what-ever, we won the big one...'

A little bit of KNVB

:knvb:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

Really a lame-ass comment! Then why didn't they all just retire and go to rec. A total disrecpt for oneself if that is how peg feels. Better yet, shut down your entire club, after all, you won it all!

But I guess this is the way that Peg (and former Pegs) deal with this pathetic embarasment.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3
Firemen 0

The Gomes brothers with a goal each, and Steve Frazao - on a twice-taken peno - accounted for all the scoring. Big three points considering both teams are out of Imperial Cup qualification for Provincials. Seven points seperate 1st to 6th place in Side "B", should be a crazy finish to secure a spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation is done. But until one of you knobs wins your very last cup game, you've got nothing to say, especially you WAB.

:D

Peg has 3 league games that officially mean shite to them.

7 cup games to win, would you trade those wins for "important league games"?

Discuss.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
7 cup games to win, would you trade those wins for "important league games"?
Discuss.

Obviously winning it all is the all mighty, but it isn't an all or nothing senario. No team that has won the BC's, yet the Canadians (last team was 1992-93 Westside) has been relegated the next year. What Peg has "accomplished" IS is an embarassment. But at this particular juncture for Peg, winning Cup games is better than winning league games.....duh!

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

Why are you so worried about Pegasus, AFC, Polonia and other teams? The way Sapperton played yesterday :eek: with a Div. 1 team :eek: should be on your head.

Good luck to you in your next game.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it embarassing when a bunch of boys retire after a big year?
They have now been there done that.
Obviously they did not want to get relegated, but the team is moving on.

Like it or not those are just the facts.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Why is it embarassing when a bunch of boys retire after a big year?
They have now been there done that.
Obviously they did not want to get relegated, but the team is moving on.

Like it or not those are just the facts.

I think the embarassing part of it is...
why do they not consider league games (particularily the last 6 or 7, where they knew they were MUST wins)...dare I say "important Games"

Not showing an interest at staying in the Premier division shows a disrespect to the club.

Granted, this discussion will be MOOT when they lose to Clan.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0