Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2-0 Sapperton - Good game for the most part for us as we competed for 90 but WV deserved the win, they are a big strong bunch that don't let you play. I was a bit surprised that they never put the ball on the deck, mostly long balls for 90. Works for them I guess!

For those wondering about the ball cafuffle, The Prez and VP were in attendance and I'm working on them to do as the FVSL does and have the same ball for all Premier games (each Premier team brings 2 of the same to all games), the bonus was getting the Coach and/or BACK UP keeper to call me names, temper boys! How will you react when we're beating you?:cool:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp was better last night than last year but they still weren't that good. Not too sure how many shots they got on net. We did hump the ball too much last night probably because we had a completely different line up last night, as a lot there was a lot of injuries and people away last night I don't think that you will beat us next time. As for the rise out of me, everyone gets that and seeing as you are knew to the vmsl, i thought i would make it memorable. Welcome and your welcome. Next time we'll see you at queens park.

p.s. Same ball? Is that really necessary?

p.s.s Westside what? Another win, wow!!

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
cloughie,

I don't think anybody was wondering about the "ball kerfuffle". One of the two game balls that we provided, as per our League rules, was stolen as it crossed Marine Drive. Not the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last time. (the locals clearly are short on funds) We offered up a practice ball when the second game ball was again booted off the park by your left back, but the linesmen said he wanted a more "expensive" ball. Not much more we can do.

Rest assured, that if you are still with Sapperton next year, and Sapperton are still in Premier, I will have a bountiful of game balls for our match. In the end, referee Miro, added extra time and made it clear to me that he would report me to the League for not having atleast 4-5 game balls present.

As for your "bonus", keep whining and I'm sure you will receive these "bonuses" each and every week. And as far as how I would react if you were "beating us".........Geeze cloughie........I don't know........it's been soooo long since that's happened!:cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those wondering about the ball cafuffle, The Prez and VP were in attendance and I'm working on them to do as the FVSL does and have the same ball for all Premier games (each Premier team brings 2 of the same to all games), the bonus was getting the Coach and/or BACK UP keeper to call me names, temper boys! How will you react when we're beating you?:cool:

1. Stop stealing my material
2. We weren't wondering about the ball incident
3. We don't want to be the fvsl
4. Pisstaking a team that just pissed on you is a rare move. Kudos.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's your problem, yes we get that many of the top local players play in the VMSL but your league can use a lot of improvement. Do all top leagues around the world use the same ball, of course they do, but you guys seem to refuse change and improvement but instead rather risk becoming the new FVSL. You already have the shite fields and complexes, the valley is improving in the right direction, once the allure of the VMSL being the top league begins to lift, more and more top players will stay in the valley.

vancitysbest

Mar 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's your problem, yes we get that many of the top local players play in the VMSL but your league can use a lot of improvement. Do all top leagues around the world use the same ball, of course they do, but you guys seem to refuse change and improvement but instead rather risk becoming the new FVSL. You already have the shite fields and complexes, the valley is improving in the right direction, once the allure of the VMSL being the top league begins to lift, more and more top players will stay in the valley.

I have no problem with any of the facilities in the VMSL? Besides maybe Inter.

Unless there is $ to chase for some players, all the best players will stay in the best league the "VMSL".

Why does it seem like all these FVSL people have a chip on their shoulder? It must be fun going to play in Chilliwack.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does it seem like all these FVSL people have a chip on their shoulder? It must be fun going to play in Chilliwack.

Because we know something you won't admit, the VMSL is poorly run and YES it is fun to travel to Chilliwack and play in their beautiful stadium with GRASS and nice changing rooms, they don't make us stay overnight! (sorry Chilliwack residents):cool:

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 3 - 0 Hurricanes. Hurricanes GK is brutal and if they are to have any chance of staying up any changes must begin with him. Sulentic hit a 40+ yard free kick on goal and the keeper dropped it for an easy tap in. Croatia was definatly the better team on the day and Hurricanes outside backs looked out to lunch at times.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So once again, Cloughie, why the fcuk are you coaching in the VMSL? :confused:

Conflict as ADMINISTRATOR in FVSL, can't Coach in a wonderful league full of dodgy teams, compared to the 'WONDERFUL' VMSL:cool: (Sapperton are treating me right and I'm enjoying it, anything else Captain Crankypants?) (what was it? out of Europe before it started, tee hee!)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we are getting off topic. We need to discuss the game balls issue more. I am told that issue is nailed right down in the FVSL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to Cloughie and the FVSL, yes, they do have it nailed down.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Delta 1

Another game and more dropped points, this time with about 40 seconds left in the game. It was a back and forth game today against Delta as both teams had some really good chances but the keepers were on top on things. We hit two crossbars in the first half, and Delta had a chance cleared off the line. 0-0 going in the second half and it was the same thing in the second as our keeper Richard Goddard and Deltas Steve London make some nice saves in close. With about 40 second left in the game Delta crosses the ball and Richard loses it in the lights and bounces right to their player and he taps in it to get all three points. The guys really played hard today and thought we had a point in the bag but just one mistake took that away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0