Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught most of the ICST Peg/West Van game and it was like watching a different league to the afternoon tilt......the game was played at a blistering pace with some quality football being played by Peg at times, particularly on the counter-attack. I can't say the same about WEst Van though as they were very content, especially in the second half to bypass the midfield and pump long balls up to the 4 forwards they often had. ICST did a great job of dealing with this as Andy Singh in goal played off his line a lot and picked up a lot of knock downs. The back 4 of ICST Peg was very solid. The middle of the park......Adam Costley/Niko Marcina......excellent...tacked well won tackles and Adam is playing with torn ACL.....guy is one of the toughest players I've ever seen. Overall, it was a very enjoyable game to watch and I'm glad I made the trek out to NAP. Congratulations to Surrey United on winning the league. A 22 game season is tough and you obviously deserved it. Well done to ICST for an outstanding second half performance and hopefully gaining some momentum for the Imperial Cup and to West Van for coming so close to repeating as league champions.

The weather held off for the most part but thank fcuk I had my wellies on for the afternoon game as McNair didn't hold the water as well as the cement at NAP. :D

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk!!!! Just left the NAP. Not to be Westvan's night. A very good game by Peg. A good game by our lads as well. We couldn't get the lead we wanted in the first half. And the frustration became evident. Full marks to Peg!! At the end of the day, we just didn't get it done!!!! Plain and simple!!!

Although a little angry at the moment, all in all, a very good league run for us. And something we should be proud of. Congrats to Suff !! Also, thanks to Reedie, Costley and the Peg lads for having us up for some grub and pints. But where the fukc was the butter chicken???

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The norvan lads battled and are a class group. I hope they don't pull a Sporting next year. :eek:

Thanks for the kick in the nuts. Big difference though, their team has an average age of 20, I'm 34. Div 1 is for young guys developing their game. Regardless, you're still a douche. :wa:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ha ha ha... dont be so sensitive... this is TTP remember? although, i wish i could've read your brothers post... TTP Forever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3boTcx5hJBc"]YouTube- I'm a Douchebag (Clean Version)[/ame]

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said something like "What and play for a team that finishes above you in the standings?" Then he went on to wax poetic about what a great experience it has been to play with 11 core Sporting guys and add some skilled players around them etc etc. Then he deleted it...not sure why, I thought it was a decent pisstake.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, congrats to Pegasus for the best 2nd half all year. They played with so much heart even as Westvan had them under so much pressure. Well played boys. To Nial and the SUFF team, incredible season from where they were at the finish last year. I have enjoyed watching this group all year long. Congradulations ! To Tom, you never once faltered in your belief that this club could get it done, you deserve alot of credit for all the work that you do to keep this group moving ahead. I'm looking forward to seeing the run to the cup. Great job one and all !

Knaacks,

How appropriate it is to mention Tom Duncan. Here is a guy working his butt off behind the scenes, doing things many will never know, to allow the players to do their part to the best of their ability.

To the SUFF team, I am sure they will agree that although winning the league is a great accomplishment, a BC title is the real prize. I think the league this year has had more parity than I can ever remember. Really, anyone can win the provincial title with a good run. It will be exciting to watch.

Congrats to Tom, Niall, Marty, Yolanda, and you Knaacks. Players are lucky to have you.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched Adam Costley play several times this year. To find another player or athlete anywhere with his character would be very difficult. He limps around the pitch in obvious pain doing what he does without a complaint ever. He is the PERFECT team player. He epitomizes what a team needs to win and win with class. ICST Peg are very lucky to have him and they will be the first to tell you that.

Adam, you are the template for young players to aspire to.

I am not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched Adam Costley play several times this year. To find another player or athlete anywhere with his character would be very difficult. He limps around the pitch in obvious pain doing what he does without a complaint ever. He is the PERFECT team player. He epitomizes what a team needs to win and win with class. ICST Peg are very lucky to have him and they will be the first to tell you that.

Settle down Adam, we all know your tough...:D

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to SUFF for their league title. Unfortunately we couldn't get the job done against Peg last night. We couldn't finish in the first half and they could finish in the second. Hospitality was top notch post game from the Peg boys. I think i ate about four different kinds of chicken wings. Thanks again for the hospitality. On to cups one at a time.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well chuffed to hear SU has won another league title after all that transpired over the last two seasons. Congrats to the players, Tom, Thomo and MF. A new era has begun...

Great news!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to SUFF on the league title. It was a nail-biter of a season for both WVFC and SUFF (as well for NorVan and Sapperton). Thomo had his hands full with figuring how to keep all his talent happy by juggling lineups, splitting playing time, and rubbing egos... and he did so without anyone transferring out (that I'm aware of). Tons of credit to him for that!!!

Helluva run by WVFC to try to repeat. Ran into a very tough (and beer-motivated) ICST the last week of a season. Reedie's boys always show up to compete.

Great season this year. Shame we are going to 14 teams next season...

Matt Clayton

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby, here is a picture of Adam for you from the West Van game on Saturday. It will be very interesting to see how they weld his knee back together.

Attachments

• Costley vs WestVan.jpg
    Costley vs WestVan.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 68

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2-2 Croatia. Delta went up 2-0 early off a nice header from Mike Gomes and another nice finish by Harp. Croatia battled back with a couple of their own to even it up. There were lot's of chances both ways and both keeper's made some great saves. On to cup play....good luck to all.

Hard Ballz

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more remarks from a Smart Coach even with a close score in last knights cup game.
Some how the youth of Croatia SC came through. I must say smart Coach has the best coach on his div one side. Things will get better next year. Most of the top guns have moved to premier. It will be fun to watch and read the names of the new players on Inter at the start of next season. It is also nice to see Sapperton hang in there with tons of youth. Things will get better next year. Also to see Eagles in Premier again will bring tuns of folks watching games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0