Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Jan 07'

What is most likely to happen in the VMSL this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game today is officially postponed. We got word of it on the Internet like everyone else just after 12 noon. I know the league executive is feeling the pinch to get games completed, but to give teams 9 hours notice prior to kickoff after snow has been covering the ground for sometime now is a wee bit inconsiderate.

Personally, we brought in 2 vehicles for work so that I could get to the game after work, and the missus could go home, and with gas prices at an alltime low, I'm a little pissed. Not as pissed as those who had to reschedule their afternoon shifts, or work a double shift to get the evening off. There must be a better way to inform teams rather than day of game, especially with the weather conditions we've been having where no teams are training outdoors turf or no turf!! Vent finished. Thank you for listening.

Sopes,

Who's the player in question? Is it one of the twins? Don't tell me Anklebreaker is healthy and training now? I've never seen someone so prone to injury....must he his first, second, or third touch that gets him into trouble.:D

Good luck to all those teams that play this weekend, or get reschedule hours prior to kickoff:rolleyes: .

Gilly

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly,

I don't think it's one of the twins. I'm sure Ankle Breaker can tell you. As for his first, second, and third touches. Yes, all bad. But not as bad as Corazza's touch in front of goal.

Sopes

It doesnt Matter

Dec 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its been a while for me...Been away on business but Im glad to be back and have enjoyed reading the many replies that I have missed. It seems to me that Brent Sopel, Ankel Breaker and The Steamer have a love triangle going on. And Gilly is trying so hard to make it a foursome but the the three founders are reluctant to budge and let a fourth person in. Gilly keep trying and they might let you in but I think every direction is sealed.

Sopel you have some great analogy on how to beat the Olympics...NOT!!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREM
Sikh Temple "A"
Metro-Ford Wolves "A"
Port Moody Turf ???
Sat/ TBA
PREM
Surrey United "A"
Vancouver Olympics "A"
Cloverdale Athletic Turf
Mon/ 8.15pm
PREM
AFC Leopards
ICSF Inter
Point Grey Turf
Sat/ 6.00pm
PREM
West Van FC "A"
Firefighters "A"
Ambleside "D" Turf
Sat/ 4.00pm
PREM
Sapperton Rovers "A"
Columbus-Clan "A"
Bby. Lake West # 2
Sat/ 3.00pm
PREM
Croatia SC "A"
Indo-Akal "A"
Point Grey Turf
Sun/ 4.00pm
PREM
Norvan Eagles
Sporting Club "A"
Confederation Turf
Tue/ 9.00pm

Well kids, what's gonna happen? Will Sikh Temple stymie the MF attack like a bad case of New Jersey Devils' trap?

Will Special O get their first victory of the season?

Will AFC figure out how to turn on the lights?

West Van? Hmmm....what you you say?

Will Sir Alex Ferguson, aka WAB vanquish the Columbites?

Will Sniper Shokar ventilate the long-shorted Croatians?

Will the pride of Scotland thump a few Sporting chappies?

Will Ivan Lee give Brent Sopel an atomic wedgie?

Game on. Maybe.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update:

MF vs Temple is PPD. Maybe Saturday in Prt. Moody, maybe not. Bryne Creek is a no go.

Tire fire was relit last night. We're to play the Special O's Monday night.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ClanBus 4 - Sapperton 1

Clan dominated Sapp and should have had more than the 4 they got. Zenga gifted Sapp's lone goal. Some nice finishes by the Clan front runners.

Temple 3 - MF 1

Temple scored in the first minute of the second half with a bullet from about 40 yards out. Easily a goal of the year candidate. They got two more right after with one being an own goal and MF got one off a header but couldnt find the net after that.

very cold
TA

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3-1MF
A disorganized Temple squad came out and deservingly beat MF. I was shocked to see Temple players rolling in 5 minutes before the start, guys missing shinguards, no game balls, however they were somehow able to regroup and put in 90 minutes of consistent soccer.

jackturner

Feb 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
somebody , anybody give an opinion on AFC vs Mighty Inter!!!!!!!. Iam having a hard time believing what I hear is it true......... or did the ref fak up on the score.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is this so hard to believe?

AFC has a better record than Inter over the last few games and the two teams are only 3 points apart in the standings.

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC 1 - Inter 0

Good game last night, AFC with the winner with about 10 minutes left off of a corner. Not much to tell, both teams for the most part played well, Inter is having all sorts of trouble finding the net the past few games. Hopefully it will turn around soon. AFC looked fit and very fast, a dangerous team come playoff time if they continue to play well.

On a side note, it is an absolute joke playing in the VMSL and not having a changeroom before or after the game. According to the rink guy at Kerrisdale arena (next to Point Grey Turf), the VMSL has an agreement with the rink that soccer teams are not allowed into the changerooms. Bad call.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit of a followup to the WVFC/Firemen game:

WV took the lead twice, but FF came back on a very well taken corner and a pretty dubious PK call on another corner kick play. Then with moments to go, the referee calls another quite iffy PK, but this time against the in the yellow and black vertical stripes, and (I am serious) one black sock on one leg and one yellow sock on the other Firefighters.

So Dailly steps up and buries the PK, bulging the net about 4 feet inside the right post...but, alas...it tears a hole in the back of the net and goes straight through.

And...NO GOAL is the decision. The only three people on the park who did not notice that it went in were the referee and his two assistants. Bit of a debate about that, and the head official, probably realizing his error, then has Jinky re-take it. Firemen (or at least the big red headed spare goaltender who this week it appears is on the sidelines for Firemen) claims that the goal should not count because WV, as home team, is responsible for the integrity (Ok he did not use that word) of the nets.

And on good authority today I am told that the Firefighters coach subsequently protested to the league, saying I guess that the PK goal was not a goal, which some would say would be out and out cheating...The claim was denied after the referee advised that a half dozen at least FF players stated that it went in the first time, which it did...by a lot.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey sir m, i didn't realize that being challenged was in my repetoire, but i guess that i have always been a little bit touched, especially in the summer league where we went into breakaways in the final. Remember what happened there? As for the pk call last night, ward gave a pk to trollers on a play by doddy that everyone at the field knew that he was going down. a veteran move to get the call when they needed it. Then daily(sp) stepped up and slotted the pk goal that everyone on the park knew went in except for the three officials. They checked the net for holes but for some reason there was still a doubt as to the goal going in. Immediately i was screaming for a goal kick, with some west van players laughing at me and saying that they would have been screaming the same thing. Eventually after much debate, ward gave daily another shot at the pk and he slotted the second even better than he did the first. Obviously this was the game winning goal and west van won the game. My problem with this situation is that it is up to the home team to check the nets and make sure that there are no holes. The linesmen even check the nets before each half starts. Now if ward and neither of his two officials saw the pk go in and the home team has the nets in proper working order and both officials have checked the nets before the halves start, when none of the officials see the goal going in, is that not a goal kick? I would say yes. Instead i asked ward after the game what his decision was based on and he said that giving the second pk was the only fair thing to do. Not the right decision based on rules, but the fair thing to do. I have never heard of this happening at any level. Has anyone? Whatever on to next week. On a side note, really good to see the trollers finally get some youth and add some depth to their bench. Watching them even last year it did not seem like they were ever going to be able to keep going in premier. Well done. Even better to see Jimbo getting a goal as i think he is one of the best strikers in the league. Sorry I couldn't help you takedown the nets yesterday. Maybe next time.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two-Nine:

That was a good post and response. After reading it, I apologize for saying you were 'challenged' that is not very nice on my part, and I have appropriately deleted the reference. Once again, I am sorry about writing that, it was based on my and others' perception of your behaviour yesterday which I think was the basis of that post: it was a bit out there. But not today: your explanation is valid. And I must say that yes you are correct that you were on fire in the summer league final last year, you single handedly won that game for your team (who other than you it must be said really struggled) in the shootout in a game that your side, could have easily, except for your efforts, lost by a half a dozen goals or so.

But, as far as yesterday goes, it was played on artificial turf and I do not believe they take nets down or put them up on those fields...and didn't Paul's first PK actually rip a hole?

On the balance of everything though, it was probably a just result, one could argue that neither team should have been awarded PKs...

But I am just saying, the point of all of this is: a goal is a goal. And that one went in, holes, rips, or no holes.

Full stop.

Cheers.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler............not bringing balls to the game and being disorganized is Temple's life story!

Oranje.......Special O already has a victory against the MIGHTY TEMPLE, so get on the same page!

HARD BALLZ (RETIRED....well.....maybe a comeback!....ROCKY)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is it possible that not one, but THREE officials not see a penalty shot go in?

Was is a quick PK?

All three officials should be written up, and it should be noted somewhere in their file that they fcuked up. Badly.

I have often told a ref he was blind...or something to that effect...but seriously. Tell me there was some sort of Fog or something to block their view.
Was their any explanation from the referees?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Oranje.......Special O already has a victory against the MIGHTY TEMPLE, so get on the same page!

My bad, I simply had no recollection of the evidently thrilling 1-0 destruction of the vaunted Templars. It was over a month ago, after all. I must have missed the parade.

Maybe after tonight we will hear of other mindboggling exploits of the Olympiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0